Forge Speculations

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

AI time maybe :P

Edit: To differentiate the reveal posts made around the same time, this thread can focus around the possibility of the “Forge” using AI.

Attachments:

(edited by Lyger.5429)

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

There is still hope drones won’t be AI.
Maybe they are kind of signets or something like that.
Thinking about it: IF they would be AI, that would be strange because Anet usually give each AI unit a unique look and these drones all look pretty much the same.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Lyger.5429

Thinking about it: IF they would be AI, that would be strange because Anet usually give each AI unit a unique look and these drones all look pretty much the same.

\

Very possible, no one wants another turret fiasco.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

Minions -could- be good. Consider indestructible drones, each having its own relatively weak passive effect and a large detonation effect. Cooler spirits essentially.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It could be there are types of drone, though. Necromancers get a set of three of the same minion on one of their utilities, so this could just be one set.

They’ve been touting AI improvements. Have those been added in to the game yet, or are they waiting for HoT? It could be the AI will be enough better to make minion-drones viable.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

For one, Necromancer summons 2 bone minions with one skill. Who says the Forge cannot do the same?

Number two: If drones ARE AI they should get the same AI Necro minions currently have…which, after 3 years, actually attack when you attck (and those drones look like they’d be ranged anyways, as well as floating meaning no pathing problems); Not to mention MM Necro is one of Necros 2 good sPvP specs.

And hey, it could also be a new type of skill, like for Warrior, or it could be the class mechanic, changing the toolbelt skills for skills that affect the drone (like fire at target, protect, etc.) without the drones actually being a targetable entity, etc. etc.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Lyger.5429

Lol what if Anet decided that the new mechanic would be drone pets! The tool belt or utility skills would be drone commands. In turn Anet will take pet away from druid. That would be hilarious.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Maybe all belt skills will be replaced with a drone that has a… similar active skill.

D:

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

For one, Necromancer summons 2 bone minions with one skill. Who says the Forge cannot do the same?

Number two: If drones ARE AI they should get the same AI Necro minions currently have…which, after 3 years, actually attack when you attck (and those drones look like they’d be ranged anyways, as well as floating meaning no pathing problems); Not to mention MM Necro is one of Necros 2 good sPvP specs.

And hey, it could also be a new type of skill, like for Warrior, or it could be the class mechanic, changing the toolbelt skills for skills that affect the drone (like fire at target, protect, etc.) without the drones actually being a targetable entity, etc. etc.

Well yeah, but the datamined skill icons show drones which are looking all the same too. And I don’t think they are the class mechanic cause of the icons and the toolbelt skills theirself need to be untouched. They can’t take away skills like medkit f1 self heal.

Actually I’m really excited about the new class mechanic. Forge seems to be really tanky so I guess we get something defensive, like a force shield we can generate by using the toolbelt skills.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Cranberry.5849

Cranberry.5849

I really hope it would have both power and condi based skill…like maybe a burn on the 3rd auto-attack? I still want to use my celestial armor =D

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Shiki.7148

Well yeah, but the datamined skill icons show drones which are looking all the same too. And I don’t think they are the class mechanic cause of the icons and the toolbelt skills theirself need to be untouched. They can’t take away skills like medkit f1 self heal.

Actually I’m really excited about the new class mechanic. Forge seems to be really tanky so I guess we get something defensive, like a force shield we can generate by using the toolbelt skills.

Well they could just make F1 a shieldbot or something (I mean they fiddled with the existing Virtues of Guardian and completely turned every skill of Necromancers Deathshroud upside down); But if the drones are in the skill-icons and all look the same… I really have no idea except than when going Forge, you always have the drones and the skills are drone commands…which would be kittening stupid, and that would be putting it lightly.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

gulps ummmmmm….am I the 1% who will not be bothered if the drones are AI companions?

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

gulps ummmmmm….am I the 1% who will not be bothered if the drones are AI companions?

Don’t get me wrong, I will play forge even if the drones are AI. I really enjoy every single part of my engineer, even the “useless” parts as some people say in here. But I think it would be some kind of redundant if we are getting ai drones. We already have turrets for this. If any elite spec will get ai, it should be the warrior, cause it is the last profession without any in this game.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Don’t get me wrong, I will play forge even if the drones are AI. I really enjoy every single part of my engineer, even the “useless” parts as some people say in here. But I think it would be some kind of redundant if we are getting ai drones. We already have turrets for this. If any elite spec will get ai, it should be the warrior, cause it is the last profession without any in this game.

I respectfully agree with you. But now you got me thinking: we have turrets, I was a turreter engie before the traits revamp AND nerfed turrets. I am a condi engie now and I enjoy it a 100%. But now no one can deny that turrets are completely useless, what if drones are turrets 2.0? stonger and better

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: StormscalE.2874

StormscalE.2874

My ideal scenario for drones is:

-Drones are immune to melee damage / cleaves (cuz they fly so you can’t quite reach them with a sword for example)
-Drones are targetable only with Ranged weapons / attacks (cuz they fly) and take reduced damage from SOME aoe fields (like frostbow 4, ele staff 5, bomb explosions, greatsword throw of warrior etc , stuff that is logical to be able to hit flying stuff)
-Drones fly a little behind the engi and attack whatever the engi attacks
-Drones can be micromanaged individually and sent wherever you want to guard area and attack on sight, they can use the GW1 hero system where you could flag each of your heroes to go to a different place (the system is there, just needs to be ported over)

If drones get these and have their damage balanced around these characteristics it would be great.

Also we can have 1 drone that burns ppl, 1 that shoots and 1 that applies vulnerability (just an example)

(edited by StormscalE.2874)

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

I respectfully agree with you. But now you got me thinking: we have turrets, I was a turreter engie before the traits revamp AND nerfed turrets. I am a condi engie now and I enjoy it a 100%. But now no one can deny that turrets are completely useless, what if drones are turrets 2.0? stonger and better

Well, when the drones turn out to be ai, I think they will work on another way as our turrets. Our turrets are attacking for us now. The drones don’t look like they have the ability to attack something (no weapons attached etc).

And if we look at these icons: http://imgur.com/a/foIKX
I think they could work like spirits from rangers in mobile form, giving a passive buff to allies in a radius and if you activate them, they will grant some aoe like the healing or shield field you can see there. So it seems they aren’t made to attack enemies, but to shield and protect allies. This could be really fun.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

Forge gets a hammer that doesn’t actually deal damage. Every hammer skill commands the drones to do your attacking, and does so by smashing the hammer harmlessly into the face of whatever you want the drones to damage.

Yep. That’s how it’s going to work.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

Forge gets a hammer that doesn’t actually deal damage. Every hammer skill commands the drones to do your attacking, and does so by smashing the hammer harmlessly into the face of whatever you want the drones to damage.

Yep. That’s how it’s going to work.

I don’t know, I imagine a hammer with attached rocket is going to hurt really bad. :P

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Just wanna say that another minions on the engineer feel pretty boring (Yeah engi already have turret). Furthermore, hint tend confirm that drones woul be utility skills. So I’d rather see them as “signet” with cool animation instead of active minions.

What’s really interesting is how they will “bend” the tool belt for this specialization (Yes Forge is horrible as a name). Though they can bend something else like they did for the daredevil (another horrible name)…
- Will we see new skills for each skills?
- Will we see an F6? (sorry it would be so bad I can’t stop laughing)
- Will we have something tied to the elite spec grand masters traits?
… ect.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

As much as I hate that the fact that engie elite spec weapon is hammer I couldn’t possibly think of anything else that would have gone with the theme of the class. I honestly do hope it’s something beneficial and fun for the class. We will see in a few days hopefully….
I hope it has some great form of escape as every time I play my engie and my stealth is on CD and I need to run, I say to myself well this isn’t going to end well for me.

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Forge is such a stupid name, it is an inanimate object. The only way it makes sense is if the engineer is the “forge” for the drones, which is still dumb.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

As much as I hate that the fact that engie elite spec weapon is hammer I couldn’t possibly think of anything else that would have gone with the theme of the class. I honestly do hope it’s something beneficial and fun for the class. We will see in a few days hopefully….
I hope it has some great form of escape as every time I play my engie and my stealth is on CD and I need to run, I say to myself well this isn’t going to end well for me.

I really like the hammer and it gives something the class was lacking. We have full condi (P/P), defensive/condi (P/S), power/control®. What are we missing? A defensive/power weapon and I think hammer will fill this role. And the skill shown in the trailer seems to be some kind of dash to give us mobility.

About the concept: there are MANY concepts for new engineer weapons, you just have to use your fantasy. ^^

I want to post some ideas in the future. Maybe engineer could get a sword, which got tuned to be a vibrating blade. You can stick it in the ground generating shockwaves and your AA does multiple hits with each strike. Or an alchemy based axe, which will spread acids while you are slashing your foes?

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Sir Pizza.8342

Sir Pizza.8342

What about having a mace and use it as a wrench while running around yelling Texan stuff?
(Tf2 reference, but a mace would be cool)

But that sounds like a full defensive build, while a hammer is power defensive build.
It also wouldn’t fit with the theme, engineers only use technical stuff and elixirs, and there wouldn’t be a reason for them to use a medieval loadout with the mace+shield.

I think I’m pretty excited for having a hammer, what if people who had the game before it went free or the people who prepurchased HoT can have an exclusive skin for their main weapons?
While elementalist, warrior, ranger etc. has weapons which kind of looks fitting, having a special staff staff skin for thieves, a wrench like hammer (depends on what the skills would be), and maybe something so longbows look more dragonly for guardians.

(Btw, pretty new to the gw forums and I might be used to the steam forum “rules” more, excuses for that.)

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Hammer is one of the 3 top weapons I thought Engi may get since Engi was lacking a melee weapon and Hammer fit in well with Engineer for being a building tool and modifying it with a Rocket to provide the force it needed.

Engi’s current weapons appear to use some type of modification such as Pistol using Modified ammos, Rifle modified to fire different rounds (from basic, shotgun round, Net, and simple explosive round to give it the Jump ability), and Shield is modified with a Electric field generator into it to give its electric abilities.

The other two I thought Engi may get was Mace for a stun baton type weapon and Staff for a Technomancer theme and how a Staff head can be modified to generate electricity instead of being a focus for magic.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

I think I’m pretty excited for having a hammer, what if people who had the game before it went free or the people who prepurchased HoT can have an exclusive skin for their main weapons?
While elementalist, warrior, ranger etc. has weapons which kind of looks fitting, having a special staff staff skin for thieves, a wrench like hammer (depends on what the skills would be), and maybe something so longbows look more dragonly for guardians.

(Btw, pretty new to the gw forums and I might be used to the steam forum “rules” more, excuses for that.)

There actually are special skins for the elite spec weapons, you can unlock them at the elite spec tracker. Look at the hammer the forge is wielding on the pic. This is the skin forge will get. Same for the other elite specs, they get the weapon skin on their reveal picture.

But these are not exclusive for veterans, everyone playing hot can unlock them at the elite spec tracker.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Calling it now, Drones are going to behave like Mesmer Phantasms.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Imho, the new mechanic we’ll get is an energy bar (steam?heat?) like revenant’s one. And we could be able to use said energy to empower hammer skills and to use upkeep skills (provided by drones).

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

Imho, the new mechanic we’ll get is an energy bar (steam?heat?) like revenant’s one. And we could be able to use said energy to empower hammer skills and to use upkeep skills (provided by drones).

Never going to happen. The new mechanic has to be something which you can use without the requirement of a specific weapon or skill. Maybe there will be a energy bar, but it won’t improve hammer or drone skills. I guess there could be a bar slowly filling with each toolbelt use and giving an effect after you managed to get enough energy.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

i also think the drones wont be pet ais but rather something like moveable spirits…just wondering how the hammer fits into these because usually everything fits together

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

i also think the drones wont be pet ais but rather something like moveable spirits…just wondering how the hammer fits into these because usually everything fits together

The whole concept seems to be about protection and aegis (ok maybe it is just me…).
It seems like those drones are giving defensive fields (healing, shield, condition remove…. something like that) and the weapon could give aegis to your party members too.

I could imagine we are getting Armor Modification back buffed, maybe it will be a unique party buff, which will grant struck allies aegis with an icd on each ally?

But well, I’m pretty sure the whole theme is about protective shields.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Sir Pizza.8342

Sir Pizza.8342

There actually are special skins for the elite spec weapons, you can unlock them at the elite spec tracker. Look at the hammer the forge is wielding on the pic. This is the skin forge will get. Same for the other elite specs, they get the weapon skin on their reveal picture.

But these are not exclusive for veterans, everyone playing hot can unlock them at the elite spec tracker.

Ah,that makes sense, thanks!

About the steam hammers, (and the post above), would a weapon which focuses on burst (steam power) be fitting for an engineer? The mechanic sounds more like something a thief would use, but still.

The other thing is that in the hammers there’s a movement based energy regenerator, being stronger the more skills you use on it in a single fight.
While I do heavily lack in experience from what I’ve seen from other people trying to drag a fight out so long isn’t smart, especially since with a weapon which starts weak every time you’re very vulnerable for ambushes.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Well forge helm was datamined long ago and has 400 toughness so i think it will be a defensive based spec.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Feel like the drones won’t be AI, just little indicators on yourself that lets you activate some ability that involves them. And, hopefully, the traits will physically change the drones, as if your traits are just drone upgrades.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Well forge helm was datamined long ago and has 400 toughness so i think it will be a defensive based spec.

what?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Ah,that makes sense, thanks!

About the steam hammers, (and the post above), would a weapon which focuses on burst (steam power) be fitting for an engineer? The mechanic sounds more like something a thief would use, but still.

The other thing is that in the hammers there’s a movement based energy regenerator, being stronger the more skills you use on it in a single fight.
While I do heavily lack in experience from what I’ve seen from other people trying to drag a fight out so long isn’t smart, especially since with a weapon which starts weak every time you’re very vulnerable for ambushes.

Well my personal theory is that the forge hammer is gonna be a dps weapon, probably with some condi mixed in to make it viable in many builds, if i look at the trailer with the engi swinging the hammer i see burn and maybe confuse or stun. 3 target auto attack chain that hits pretty hard mixed with some condi damage, blast finisher related #2 thats more utility rather then damage(cause that how an engi do anyways), a gap closer on #3 that might bring some soft cc…lets say immob, a combo field related attack on #4 and some form of powerfull aoe attack….most likely #5. I mean its a hammer afterall.

As for the new mechanic… i really got no idea. I mean yea.. its most likely drones but how the drones do their droning about is beyond me. One thing is for sure.. it cant really change the basic way the toolbelt works, too many rather important skills are tied to it so i guess it wont replace it. Maybe a “permanent kit” on f6 that switches the toolbelt for a “drone remote” and replaces the toolbelt for a moment to deploy\controll em to…dunno work like banners and give out an aoe buff maybe and blast finishers if you detonate em like turrets before they go on a cooldown?

Skills… well, they found some icons some time ago, there´s an icon with a healing cross on a blue shield like bubble and another similar one on a red one aswell a “neutral” looking energy shield like icon.. so maybe the forge´s utility skills are more defensive then offensive while the hammer skills are more dps and the mechanic more utility and boon related? I mean im surely no game programmer\class designer but thats what i would do with the forge atleast.

Thats atleast what i think the forge will bring. This way you easily can make a supporter\boondude, a tank-ish setup or a damage dealer… or a jack of all trades like thing….specially if combined with vanilla skills

Here the icons, maybe they “speak” to you in a different way

http://imgur.com/a/foIKX

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Forge is such a stupid name, it is an inanimate object. The only way it makes sense is if the engineer is the “forge” for the drones, which is still dumb.

It is a verb too, bro.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: redux.1502

redux.1502

I see bubbles in the top left of the teaser photo. Therefore I assume the drones will be blowing bubbles that tickle our enemies. #thread

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

I’m hoping that at least one of the drones provides a good unique group buff. Something that may make people consider taking an engineer rather than just another elementalist.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

I’m sure the hammer will be fun to play, I just hope the traits are good enough so that I can use a build without the new utilities.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

My expectations:

Drones will stick to your body and will be untargetable and be most likely like mesmer mantras, just that they get chrages or rather ammo with our heat. Something like that :’D
#believe

Please let me be right :<

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

Speculations? That it will be the second least play tested, after the druid, and consequently have the second to least BWEs and QA done before launch and will be a wreck.

And what were we missing that we needed hammer? We have the ‘Toolkit’ which is defencive melee. It’s just that turrets have been weak and only made weaker such that it isn’t worth it to use it, even traited, for the turret repair side of the kit.

They could have given us anything- Staff, with a melee auto attack and some techno based ranged enhancements for Two-five.

One- Auto attack with the ability to apply vulnerability as well as repair turrets and mecha.

Two- a spark attack similar to Elementalist air attunement staff two.

Three a temporary cloaking device similar to Ranger Long bow Three.

Four- a magnet beam running opposite to Ranger longbow four.

Five- an oil field which functions as an oil slick, but which players using fire attacks are able to ignite to turn into a fire field.

Then take a page from the Asura legendary abilities and the mecha boss from Sorrow’s embrace and give us three models of permanent non AI Robots(ala ranger pets) to choose from which are racially modified.

A ranged attack defence bot, a pbaoe condition bot, and a melee monster offence bot.

Asura get their line of Golems.

Char get gear bladed mecha similar to the fractal boss in aesthetics.

Humans get Watchwork automatons.

And Sylvari get minions similar to Scarlet’s steam minions.

Call them ‘Techromancers’ or ‘Golemancers’ and have done.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

Speculations? That it will be the second least play tested, after the druid, and consequently have the second to least BWEs and QA done before launch and will be a wreck.

And what were we missing that we needed hammer? We have the ‘Toolkit’ which is defencive melee. It’s just that turrets have been weak and only made weaker such that it isn’t worth it to use it, even traited, for the turret repair side of the kit.

They could have given us anything- Staff, with a melee auto attack and some techno based ranged enhancements for Two-five.

One- Auto attack with the ability to apply vulnerability as well as repair turrets and mecha.

Five- an oil field which functions as an oil slick, but which players using fire attacks are able to ignite to turn into a fire field.

Then take a page from the Asura legendary abilities and the mecha boss from Sorrow’s embrace and give us three models of permanent non AI Robots(ala ranger pets) to choose from which are racially modified.

A ranged attack defence bot, a pbaoe condition bot, and a melee monster offence bot.

Well engineer actually lacked the ability too really brawl with sustained dps and survival as well as our mobility outside of rifle, boots, e-gun, is pretty bad. The rifle is too hybrid ranged/melee and is pretty clunky. This should also open up some chances to frontline in wvw.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Shiki.7148

Who the hell says the Hammer has to be defensive? The same people that said GS and Hammer always have to be melee and Staff will always be ranged? Or that GS always has a mobility skill on it? Anet has proven that they can pretty much do whatever the kitten they want with weapons. They could make the Hammer cast lightningbolts for all they care. They could even make it throw pink, winged unicorms that ride on friggin rainbows. Oh wait. That already exists, doesn’t lt.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Rodrigo.1486

Rodrigo.1486

Drones will more likely be like Mesmer mantras. Charge them up – 3 drones appear. Click the button again one blows up for some effect. Probably traited to heal on explosion like the original healing bombs. Or maybe traited to be blast finishers or both

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

My expectations:

Drones will stick to your body and will be untargetable and be most likely like mesmer mantras, just that they get chrages or rather ammo with our heat. Something like that :’D
#believe

Please let me be right :<

Mine “like X skill type” hope is signets, float around you with a passive effect, then you “deploy” them as an active effect.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

Drones will more likely be like Mesmer mantras. Charge them up – 3 drones appear. Click the button again one blows up for some effect. Probably traited to heal on explosion like the original healing bombs. Or maybe traited to be blast finishers or both

I really like Mantras, but I really hate Mesmer. So this would be cool. But how would they manage multiple charged mantras (drones) at once? If I charged three mantras and each mantra had three charges … would I have nine drones flying around me?

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

Unless they’re giving us a MUCH deeper vitality pool it won’t. With all the conditions out there now -with how easily they’re reapplied after clearing- additional toughness just won’t do enough to make us good in the front. We need the buffers that distance/pets provide. For a bit we semi-had them with turrets, and that was static. Now?

I just want to know how they expect a Forge(gag) to fare in front line with Daredevils, Dragonhunters, Berserkers, the new and improved Revenant, or all the old baseline classes that had no trouble stomping us before their respective changes via HoT.

Are we getting weapon swap at long last? Is hammer going to be so good that I never want to touch a kit again? Would it even matter? I don’t believe so.

It isn’t as though there was much to gut from Engineers to begin with that could have subsequently been funneled into an elite specialisation. Not without breaking the base profession. And for all the wrong they’ve done I don’t see as stark a rehashing as what was done with the thief’s acrobatics and daredevil lines. They’re not giving us back deployable turrets, and giving it over to forge? That would just be stupid.

It’s been months and they’ve still left out many similar abilities that they’ve only of late begun trickling back into the condenced traits. So yes, What we have now is functional, sort of. But humping bomb kit, grenades, or flamethrower through instances, begging players to wait in between so that I’m able to shift between them in order to keep some functionality from elixirs or gadgets in the other two hot bar slots isn’t fun.

Getting an elite specialisation that keeps us firmly in the ‘thematically fun to play but still essentially worthless’ category isn’t going to be fun either.

To me Forge is akin to Anet saying, ‘Here Engineers, become elite!’- but with what is essentially a watered-down Necromancer.‘(is that even possible?) If so, then at least they’ve given Necromancers something to laugh about between consecutive bouts of crying into their beers.

I’d love to be wrong come Friday. I’m praying I’m wrong about all of it. Right now I’m just not seeing it. I’ve little, if any, faith in Anet’s current ability to do right by this profession.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I speculate drones will be relabeled Spirit weapons and work just like SW’s. If you play a Guardian, you know how good SW’s are. I don’t wish this waste of a skill category on any class but that’s exactly what drones look like in that image. I doubt they will act like minions because they don’t ‘live’.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

I speculate drones will be relabeled Spirit weapons and work just like SW’s. If you play a Guardian, you know how good SW’s are. I don’t wish this waste of a skill category on any class but that’s exactly what drones look like in that image. I doubt they will act like minions because they don’t ‘live’.

I still think they will be mobile ranger spirits. Why do people believe they will be like necromancer minions or guardian spirit weapons? I really doubt they will be able to auto attack something without command skill, because they don’t seem to have any weapons attached to them.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: RazFxx.6451

RazFxx.6451

It makes a lot of sense to me that Forge will also buff turrets. It was stated that specializations were created with HoT in mind. Turrets were needed to the ground with specializations and a lot of their traits were removed, only to be brought back with Forge. It also goes with the name – a Forge is someone who forges things – turrets, drones, etc. The drones might not be AI but spirit weapons or signets, but I expect turrets returning