Forge Speculations

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

It makes a lot of sense to me that Forge will also buff turrets. It was stated that specializations were created with HoT in mind. Turrets were needed to the ground with specializations and a lot of their traits were removed, only to be brought back with Forge. It also goes with the name – a Forge is someone who forges things – turrets, drones, etc. The drones might not be AI but spirit weapons or signets, but I expect turrets returning

Don’t think so, because no other elite spec has a trait, which improves a skill category of the core profession. I hope turrets will get tuning in the future for the base engineer, it shouldn’t be tied to a elite spec (in future there will be more to choose from), to get skills from the core spec working.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

AI time maybe :P

Edit: To differentiate the reveal posts made around the same time, this thread can focus around the possibility of the “Forge” using AI.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

all the elites seem to be based around being either DAMAGE – SUPPORT – CONTROL – this fits all of them…
If Daredevil is control (or maybe damage?)
i think its save to assume that Druid will be support since ranger already has the damage covered and is lucking group utility
this would leave the forge with a more damage oriented role?
I would have preferred something more group supporty…like giving protection to the group or something…but well see

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

We will forge our drones, maybe we have a heat bar we can fill with damage skills from the hammer and with this heat we can forge drones that do damage or buff players. The Tollbelt skills activating a drone (like suicide drones or mantras) and the skills are passive sigils or something.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

Said this once before, But even if it is AI based. As long as they arent just added damage il be fine with it. Give them different roles like any type of support and itl be awesome.

BUT! There is one idea i have in my head thats probably so far off xD

What if they are Construction drones. We are the forge, so im hoping we construct buildings. What if these drones are a trait upgrade that helps forego these constructions so we can focus on more combat and moving around then just building and being a sitting duck. This is just a idea.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Triangulator.2867

Triangulator.2867

Forge is such a stupid name, it is an inanimate object. The only way it makes sense is if the engineer is the “forge” for the drones, which is still dumb.

Completely agree. I’m hoping the internet at large is experiencing the notorious ‘rouge effect’ concerning the spelling of this specialization. Forge is a great foundation. Forger is just so much more appealing, in all regards. Don’t duck it up a-net. We know your history.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

Forge is such a stupid name, it is an inanimate object. The only way it makes sense is if the engineer is the “forge” for the drones, which is still dumb.

Completely agree. I’m hoping the internet at large is experiencing the notorious ‘rouge effect’ concerning the spelling of this specialization. Forge is a great foundation. Forger is just so much more appealing, in all regards. Don’t duck it up a-net. We know your history.

I would like the name forge, especially BECAUSE it is n inanimate object. I’m an engineer with mecha legs, I want to get recognize as a unhuman killing machine.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

all the elites seem to be based around being either DAMAGE – SUPPORT – CONTROL – this fits all of them…
If Daredevil is control (or maybe damage?)
i think its save to assume that Druid will be support since ranger already has the damage covered and is lucking group utility
this would leave the forge with a more damage oriented role?
I would have preferred something more group supporty…like giving protection to the group or something…but well see

There is no definite role for each elite spec. This would be really a dumb move from Anet to do something like that.
What they are doing with elite spec is more of an other way to use inherent strenght of each profession. They simply add another dimension to what’s already done by the core profession.
The whole point of how they design trait is that it enhance each profession type of support, damage and controle.

Let’s just look at the Reaper :
- up traits are for self survivability.
- middle traits are for controle/support (since Anet absolutely want necromancer to support through condition).
- down traits are for damage.

Chronomancer :
- up trait are for controle
- middle are for damage (damage since it improve the way your illusion behave when you shatter them. Which is a way to improve your damage)
- down trait are for support

Berzerker :
- up trait are here for controle (It seem like a direct damage traitline but it grant one hell of controle on the fight)
- middle traits are here for damage (mainly condition damage)
- down trait grant survivability.
NB.: Berzerker gain support via it’s torch which grant a free fire field

Daredevil :
- up trait : damage
- middle trait : survivability
- down trait : controle
NB.: Support is gain via combo finisher (mostly whirl on dodge) and weakness condi

… etc.

The … erk… bah… Forge… will probably revolve around the Engineer strenght. Drones are mecha things (like turrets or gadget), It’s not impossible that the role of this drone is to passively provide some elixir (another Engineer thing) effect with a personal burst effect on skill use and a similar but lesser group effect on belt use. 3 icones have been datamined for each skill which support this idea.

My bet is that the Engineer will have traitline that enhance : support (with a drone trait), controle/survivability (with a hammer trait) and damage. Engineer being centered a lot around combo, the damage line will probably look like a support line granting combo finisher or combo field.

Still we miss the special mechanism of this elite spec which may be anything.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

So forge in 3 words

Turrets Done Right

?

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

I feared to have turned a bit pessimistic with age but right now I’m a bit scared that forge will actually transform our turrets in drones.
That means no new skill type per se but a adaptation of an existing one. In that they “fix” turret problem by saying “Ok if you want a mobile turret build just play forge”. All traits from turret will works with drones like DS traits work with reaper shroud.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

I feared to have turned a bit pessimistic with age but right now I’m a bit scared that forge will actually transform our turrets in drones.
That means no new skill type per se but a adaptation of an existing one. In that they “fix” turret problem by saying “Ok if you want a mobile turret build just play forge”. All traits from turret will works with drones like DS traits work with reaper shroud.

No way it is like that, forge will get a new skill type for sure. And the drones surely are NOT improved turrets, don’t know why everybody seems to believe that. They don’t have something attached to them to look like turrets, like rifle barrels or a little flame thrower.

Maybe they are a new AI skill type for forge, like ranger spirits (can’t attack, but buffing the allies in an area). Maybe they are just visuals for engineers signet version. We will see, but they surely are NOT TURRETS.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Triangulator.2867

Triangulator.2867

I would like the name forge, especially BECAUSE it is n inanimate object. I’m an engineer with mecha legs, I want to get recognize as a unhuman killing machine.

Even if you wanted a title that depicts your imaginary conceptualization of the engineer in gw2, ‘Forge’ is far from the appropriate describer. Unless of course if you are a stationairy location in which meral is wrought. You could employ other, more accurate, titles to describe your ‘inhuman mecha engi’.

It’s simple infallible logic. A 7ft tall wookie living on a planet with 3foot tall ewoks does not make any sense. Forge as a title to describe a person’s specialization does not make any sense.

Forger hype.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

Even if you wanted a title that depicts your imaginary conceptualization of the engineer in gw2, ‘Forge’ is far from the appropriate describer. Unless of course if you are a stationairy location in which meral is wrought. You could employ other, more accurate, titles to describe your ‘inhuman mecha engi’.

It’s simple infallible logic. A 7ft tall wookie living on a planet with 3foot tall ewoks does not make any sense. Forge as a title to describe a person’s specialization does not make any sense.

Forger hype.

You know the whole thing could be meant as a metaphor? Just like what they did to tempest? The tempest himself isn’t a rainy windstorm, but it is used as a metaphor for the natural power he is controling. Forge could be a metaphor for a person, which is hardening his allies and preparing them for the battlefield.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

My incredibly accurate and realistic predication:

Drones are not going to be real AI, they are going to follow you like old spirits.

Drone utils will be:
Periodic Force Field for party (Aegis).
Periodic Retaliation for party.
Periodic Stability for party.
Periodic Protection for party.

Heal drone will remove conditions.
Elite drone will provide quickness.

There will be a trait that makes ALL drones provide an aura along the lines of +150 condition damage (sorry, the good aura’s are taken).

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

+150 condition damage (sorry, the good aura’s are taken).

You know that our highest dps build currently works around sinister gear, fractals lvl 50-100 will 1up the toughness-values of mobs & raids will require more than just the zerker stack+burst meta?

condi dmg might be less optimal for the current dungeon content, but with HoT I’d recommend everyone to stack up on some delicious sinister gear, along with a set of clerics and/or settler,

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

Hell no. Forge is one of the best Elite Spec titles next to Tempest and Reaper. Also, the moniker that you’re looking for is “Blacksmith” but that sounds a lot more like a crafting profession than a Elite Spec. A forger, however, isn’t even someone who uses a forge.
Forger
?fôrj?r/
noun
a person who produces fraudulent copies or imitations

So unless it’s an Elite Spec based around being a cheap imitation of other things, then sure. We’ve spent a lot of time being seen as a sit-in for other professions. If the Elite Spec follows suit, maybe Forger wouldn’t be such a bad name after all.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

(edited by Nilix.2170)

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It is a verb too, bro.

Just gonna quote myself.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

Leaving some information here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3l1ldo/spoiler_engineer_elite_spec_some_details/

Seems like we are not going to get called forge.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

scrapper huh… well i cant say i like that one at all

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

I just hope it will get a good translation in my native language.

Sappeur would be nice.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

Leaving some information here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3l1ldo/spoiler_engineer_elite_spec_some_details/

Seems like we are not going to get called forge.

This makes me sad.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

Turrets are going to get an overhaul for the entire Engi class, not just Forge.

Forge is going to get a cool mechanic in addition to that.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

The Forge will have Tool-bots instead of Toolbelt skills. These Tool-bots will give you different benefits when activated and they will also grant these benefits to nearby allies. Tool bots have active skills as well as passive benefits.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

If I had to guess I’d say the drones will be an effect you kick off with some kind of limited duration. The effect then continues on its own granting some sort of a buff, or reflect, or whatever as appropriate for the drone.

In operation this would be similar to the revenants hammers which spin till a meter runs out and whack people you come close to.

I would imagine that you can then use the tooltip to instantly terminate the effect causing some sort of special last blast as they detonate or whatever, probably again based on the type of drone you have. Essentially like the mesmer shatter, but not a choice as to which effect the dying drone does.

Still hoping for a hobosack drone!

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

They might not be ai. They might all be kits that can be controlled like the ventari tablet.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

I just hope it will get a good translation in my native language.

Sappeur would be nice.

I would be totally fine with forge or forgeman or something along these lines i mean we are engineers, thats pretty darn cool and quite a big deal in the gw universe, building (in theory) airships, tanks, siege weapons and many other mechanical miracles…but kittening scrapper? Reference to our cheap looking kits, massive nerfs and constant bugs maybe? Makes sence that way.. cause we often make our builds from scrap… Subpar stuff that people throw usually on a junkyard. Yea.. good one a-net why not right away trashy or waster..isnt like id like some form of dignity.

And yes id take sappeur or pioneer or something along these lines too anytime…especially over scrapper.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

They might not be ai. They might all be kits that can be controlled like the ventari tablet.

Like a Ventari form per Utility Slot? That would be AMAZING. O_O

The class is always greener on the other side.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

…ehhhh… that would be a lot of micromanagement….even for an engi

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

I have a feeling that the drones are going to be like options from those old 2d shooting games. They will probably orbit you giving you different buffs/abilities. It seems like the forge is going to be heavy with blast finishers and combo fields, they will probably have something to do with that as well.

Essentially I think that they will be portable turrets.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

my hunch predicts an F6 toolbelt skill that swaps out the toolbelt for a “drone remote” skillset to controll em or summon em, then they work like upkeep skills and buff stuff till their fuel runs out and if you “dismiss” em they do blast finishers or fly towards the targeted enemie and explode to do damage or spread condies..or rip boons away or stuff.

Forge Speculations

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

…ehhhh… that would be a lot of micromanagement….even for an engi

I wouldn’t mind! I play Ranger a lot, and love effectively playing two characters at once. X)

The class is always greener on the other side.