From TPvP to WvW

From TPvP to WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: twhite.9310

twhite.9310

Hey guys!

I’ve been getting significantly bored with TPvP, so I have resulted in going to WvW. I have a question because people say(specifically CMDr’s on Blackgate) that Engi’s are useless in a zerg. I have Predator so I would like to use a power build, especially since almost every zerg runs the -40% condi duration. Anyone have any builds in mind? I have seen a few builds using Juggernaut and Flamethrower is that all we have to offer? I tried a Bombs Heal build for running with the zerg but it didn’t seem to work as well as I expected. (side note) can’t wait to be able to use the actual Legendary Juggernaut on my engi #hammertime. But anyways, can anyone send in the right direction as far as builds go?

“Backpack called me bad” – Slaughter Melon

From TPvP to WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Hey!

So if you’re gonna run with a zerg you could always try a tankier version of a static discharge engi. plenty of mobility to stick with the zerg and the aoe you get is pretty nice. Build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdEQFAUlUUpmqlcxELseRCdBN6wMlnAyFUBRtwPFAA-TFSBABQqEkLlVUq+TEPAguUqQ0+D4pDAgLAQAAEgbezAwQH6QH6QHa3co3co3colBgZMA-w

Not the highest damage but its good enough to tank a bit of damage. the aoe from grenades and static discharge will get some strong aoe off and tag enemies. Healing turret provides a bit of aoe heal for the zerg. range increase allows you to be in the back line and still get kills.

Just kinda made this on the spot but for a dps build its pretty nice and it still has the condi reduction from soup. You could swap it for a damage food if you wanted too.

Hope this helps and good luck

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

From TPvP to WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Silly Melon! Did you really think healing bombs would work well! Even with full healing gear you only heal for like 300 per bomb! Not gonna help much against 50 people mashing their AoE buttons in your face!

You should run Hiba’s cele build! It plays identically to cele builds in PvP when roaming and has enough durability and 2k+ power to work well in the boring ole zerg! Incendiary Powder can be swapped for Enhance Performance or Explosive Powder in the zerg since single target burning is less than ideal versus many targets!
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpdrlcxELseNCbBNyx8GRuxq85IEgkC-T1RHABF8AAaS5Hc6AAU9HAuAAks/gTKBJFAYDjA-w

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

From TPvP to WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

In my opinion , i am playing some wvw too , for roaming and killing people ( i am not interested in opening gates or pressing 1 in a zerg) rabid 2 kits or 3 kits are really really strong … i use pistol pistol with rabid and i enjoy myself a lot … ( i know many will say it does not works … but i find i really effective … and i play with no food .. .)

From TPvP to WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

this is what I use for bigger fights, tho I don’t play in zergs, mostly 5 or 10 man groups:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpPr1XxkLseRSaBNq0AyQsCRFyPPhEEAA

most times I go bomb kit because the smoke field is really handy to stealth in whole groups and the aoe autoattack damage on downed bodies is pretty great. other times I go nade kit. I often I drop speedy kits as well because there will likely be someone buffing me minutes of swiftness.

as for gear, zerker armor and knights trinkets work alot better than celestial in anything above 5v5. runes are usually hoelbrak, strength, melandru but others can work too.

regardless, if you are playing in larger scales or fighting with a small group vs larger numbers with some organization there’s a few things you should keep in mind:
-you generally dont need self might stacking (fire fields and guardians empower should keep you at perma 25 might)
-you generally don’t need healing power (water blasts and regroups are what heals you most times and you should be saving healing turret water field for the regroups anyway)
-you generally don’t need condi dmg
-eg is a terrible choice for a single stunbreak in anything not small scale. once you get stunned, you’ll get chain stunned. any stunbreaker in any class that doesnt give you either stability, invulnerability or a shadowstep/blink is a liability to your whole group. S is generally a much better choice coz it allows you to run back into your own lines and play it safe till you can risk it again.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

From TPvP to WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

I like the boon-rip support.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpPrdZxzLseNSbBNyw8FRnxNOlPugAA-TFCEAB2s/wWKBZS5XHaIaTHQjq/AwFC4hHIQAAEgbezAwQH6QH6QHa38mD9mD9mlCgJlRA-w

brings fire and waterfields, boon-rips via minefield and throw mine, that additionally supplement nullfields and wells of corruption nicely with added dmg, a metric cat-ton of cc’s, as well as one of the hardest-hitting AA’s in the game, easily outperforming rather offensive warri-zerg-setups vastly in terms of raw dmg.
For your own sake you bring enough survivability to survive a blast, given that you dodge away from incoming earth-shakers. If you want to increase the effectiveness of super-speed (an already awesome escape) slot leg-mods instead of speedy gadgets. That should provide you with 98% decreased boon-duration on chill, cripple and immob, therefore bringing you on even terrain with the hammer-train in terms of movement. I personally rather spam more cc’s and time my dodges, but to each his own.
Additionally you can switch from backpack regenerator to self-regulating defense. This trait may kill you rather than save you in PvP, but for WvW zerging it can make the difference between survival or death when a unlucky blow hits you.
But again, lowered graphics-settings (therefore higher fps) + timing your dodges right should render that trait obsolete. Up to your decision.
Another variant would be to go for automated response, which renders attempts to apply condis on you, while you are below 33% health completely futile. but it is way to situational in my opinion, therefore I only run it against condi-spam heavy groups.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

From TPvP to WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

if youre running in a zerg, nades and elixir gun make you very useful. long range and aoe with the nades. and the elixir gun provides extra healing and condi clears for your teammates.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!