Function Gyro Suggestion - 5th Downed Skill

in Engineer

Posted by: BeardRex.6739

BeardRex.6739

I think something that would make Function Gyro feel more special is if it added a 5th downed skill that operated similar to Ranger’s “Lick Wounds”.

After a short period of time after becoming downed, the engineer can summon a function gyro to assist in reviving themselves.

At first I considered only allowing the engineer to use this ability if their function gyro hasn’t been used recently, but I’m partially against that idea since I don’t want engineers to have an incentive to be selfish.

in Engineer

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

i have another proposition. gyro should add a 5th downed skill which enables you to finish yourself.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

With how horrid Engineer’s downed state abilities are, I’d certainly like the addition. :P

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: Djealo.7369

Djealo.7369

Great idea! Gives a bit more usefullnes to yourself other then allies.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bwadark.2519

Bwadark.2519

Then every class needs a 5th downed skill. We already stole search and rescue and with a 20s cooldown and also a finisher…

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

HAHAHAHAHAHA it is suposed to be the Elite Specialization new Mechanic, and you see it as a stolen utility skill. In fact Search and Rescue works way better, because the pet actualy Search and Rescue… This thing needs you to manually select and be close to the the downed ally to work.

I would trade it for celestial form any day.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Bwadark.2519

I’ve had no problems selecting allies or using my gyro. It’s awesome! I’m always in a party while doing content and I prioritise party members with the Gyro. Click in the portrait. Press F then press T back to combat. Easy peasy. The range seems reasonable. I’ve not had a situation where I’ve been out of range to use it yet though.

in Engineer

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

Well Bwadark, that’s nice but try to do that with the combat mode.

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

in Engineer

Bwadark.2519

The same but with an additional button.

in Engineer

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Oddly enough if you time it well enough you can use function gyro to rez yourself although it is probably a bug. I have done it about 3 times mostly by accident while trying to rez someone else with the stupid thing.