Function Gyro help?

Function Gyro help?

in Engineer

Posted by: jaif.3518

jaif.3518

I’m struggling with the function gyro. I’ve ignored it for a long time, but finally decided to make it work. I re-mapped my F key a long time ago – I assume it’s the key that you interact with.

So I went to blazeridge steps, found some dead charr sentinels, and tried to revive them. It never worked. I got close enough to see the “revive”, then started stepping back bit by bit and trying, and it never worked. I tried double-clicking on the bodies also (one google search brought that up), and it still didn’t work.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

-Jeff

P.S. Yes, I did choose scrapper spec. :-) And I do see it flying around me.

Function Gyro help?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

The function gyro only revives downed people, it doesnt work with people or npc’s that are completely dead, same thing happens to Toss Elixir R

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

Function Gyro help?

in Engineer

Posted by: jaif.3518

jaif.3518

Thanks, I guess I have “learn to read” syndrome. :-) I was hoping to practice in PvE a bit, as it’s hard to target in WvW.

Function Gyro help?

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

It’s completely useless in 90% of pve. However, I have gotten good use out of it in high level fractals.

I believe there is also a ‘target nearest ally’ key or similar. This can be useful for getting revives.

Function Gyro help?

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

As has been said, it’s pretty much useless in most PvE encounters. In WvW/PvP however, it is amazingly useful. I cannot express how much I love this thing or how many times it has allowed me to win outnumbered fights because it would finish someone for me while I was fighting someone else. Or even times I needed to revive a friend extra fast/have them revived while I distracted an opponent.

It certainly isn’t a complicated device but be sure to remember that it’s there. It can be a huge asset in situations where you need another helping hand.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Function Gyro help?

in Engineer

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I think a huge improvement for this in PvE would be to have it automatically show for activation, on a low priority, anytime an ally in range is downed. You shouldn’t have to select them.
I also kind of feel like it should work on people that are actually dead, though that might be overpowered?

Even if it were actually good though, I’d still hate it. It has zero synergy with the rest of the specialization and feels tacked on.