Function Gyro is like a splinter in my mind

in Engineer

Posted by: V Man.8512

V Man.8512

I was really looking forward to this elite spec, but for me the Function Gyro completely ruins it. I take great pride in the engi look I have created, it’s one of my best, but the colour cheme I went for is black and green – this continues through the armour, weapons, hair end eye of my character. I bought a scientific hammer especially for this spec. Now I’ve unlocked the very first trait (that you can’t even turn off!) and it has landed me with a floating red thing that completely ruins the whole vibe I had achieved with the guy… in short, it puts me off playing – I’m THAT anal about my characters looks. I know some people love it, and more power to them, but why make this a compulsory trait? And are there any other non-optional traits that actually have a visual impact on the look of a character like this one? In a game so heavily based around skins this is a bit of a slap in the face – the fact that it’s not optional at least.

I was really looking forward to a new alternative way of playing engi, but unless something is done with this I’ll be avoiding him… (wish I hadn’t unlocked the first trait lol and just kept running around underpowered).

TL;DR – make Funtion Gyro optional, or hideable, or even dyable. I beg you.

(edited by V Man.8512)

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

function gyro is love
function gyro is life

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: Irizol.1947

Irizol.1947

Totally,It just doesn’t fit my theme of character while I really like these hammer skills. this doesn’t mean it has to be totally hidden all the time.and be more akin to backpiece/headgear where you can tick the box to hide or show

Other than that,function gyro needs a serious improvement. It’s really hard to use and target especially in large zerg group where people stacked up and lot making it difficult to target the downed one. and bring back beta icon so we knows when the gyro is up

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

We finally broke free of the “Hobosacks”, and now we’ve been saddled with a floating shoulderapple. X)

I don’t particularly mind the Function Gyro, myself, but I sympathize with those for whom it clashes visually. Would be wonderful to get some kind of option, though if it’s not viable to let players toggle or dye it, I’d say the best route is removal.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

Gyro skins in gemstore or riot! Oh and add kit and turret skins as well when you’re at it.

in Engineer

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

*shakes head, and walks away

in Engineer

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

Would be nice if you could dye it at least.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

F-Gyro is a splinter in my mind too. Just not because of how it looks with my char, but because how bad it is as an elite spec mechanic.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: remnant.2485

remnant.2485

We didn’t break free of hobosacks. While many of us were quietly enjoying them, a howling mob tore them from our backs and saddled us with an incomplete looking flamethrower, an entirely idiotic bomb kit, and a tookit that is less “kit” and more “wrench.”

I like my function gyro buddy right where he is.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bwadark.2519

Bwadark.2519

I would love to dye him. I feel like my character would of painted him pink and added loads of love hearts and a chibi anime face.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zeal.3695

Zeal.3695

I named him Tybalt

in Engineer

Posted by: Irizol.1947

Irizol.1947

This is even worse than hobosack in the fact that It’s up there all the time

in Engineer

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

I’m with Remnant here. I actually liked hobosacks and I like the function gyro too. The engineer class of all other classes is supposed to feel like it’s loaded with gadgets and inventions…because it is. I wish there were an option to revert back to the old hobosack look so that those who didn’t enjoy it could leave it off but those who do could leave it on.

in Engineer

Posted by: V Man.8512

V Man.8512

I really hated the hobosacks too. For me it was a good day when they got rid of them, but the grenades were the only really cool looking replacement imo. That’s the thing about looks, there’s no one size fits all.

I’ve no issue with the engi being loaded up with gadgets and gizmos but are they all really such copycats that they all use the exact same red ones? Are these store bought and all made in the same corporate asuran tech factory or something? Surely the engineers can be innovative enough to at least splash a coat of paint over their hoverbot. I’m sure I’d love the litte bugger too if he was in keeping with the rest of my appearance.

Unfortunately I feel in my heart it’s outside of the scope of this game to offer that kind of customization options for only one profession. I will instead hope that it will be made an optional trait instead of being forced on us.