Future Healing Bomb Support

in Engineer

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

So with the future change coming up I might give support a go again. I know Berserk Grenades and what not is better, don’t care.

What I do care about is your feedback on the following specc, should I run it like that or perhaps with different gear, traits, etc.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIq6ZHvyuF1LJyoCdWoHSohpWiUkfU2nCyFA-jwBB4hBkaAk2AILqIasFhFRjVNjIqWnEDA-e

Some explanation perhaps needed: Energized Armor since Cleric gives toughness therefor power>more pew pew. Might be swapped out for Protective Shield if I notice I’m too squishy.

Reinforced Shield so I can blast more, such as my Turret, but also Fire Fields.

Figured I should put my last 20 points in the Alchemy line, at least 10 since I thought Swiftness=Vigor thanks to Speedy Kits and Invigorating Speed, which I can imagine being handy being in melee the whole time. Figured I’d throw the last 10 points in here as well and go for the Cleaning Formula for some more support and since I find Engineers to be very susceptible to conditions I thought it would be a good pick. Might change with the Transmute change coming.

Elixir Gun is there for some more support and another blast finisher. The Elixir can be swapped out to whatever is needed.

Runes of Altruism cause I have those in my current Cleric set and thought it would be a nice little extra support for the party.

Feedback is appreciated!

Cheers!

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

If you really want to go the bomb healer route, that build is not bad, except one trait: 409.
It really only makes sense with at least 2 elixirs, otherwise just use Elixir C. If you want to cleanse conditions from your group just use Fumigate (EG 4), HT overcharge and Super Elixir. Investing in this trait to remove one condition on a ~60 second cooldown is not a good choice. Protection Injection or Backpack Regenerator (as you have a high heal stat and will be in melee range a lot) would fit much better.

But before you invest a lot of resources into new gear, be warned that even with a very high heal stat Elixir Bombs are rather underwhelming. I suggest you test it in sPvP first.

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I do not understand reinforced shield really. I would rather go with power boots for the flat 25% speed boost since they are changing it to be out of combat too. Then you can tale the 10 points in tools and move it to the explosives line.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Mork vom Ork.2598

I do not understand reinforced shield really. I would rather go with power boots for the flat 25% speed boost since they are changing it to be out of combat too. Then you can tale the 10 points in tools and move it to the explosives line.

With a toughness of ~2k he will be the designated target for most mobs in his groups. Exchanging shorter cooldowns on defensive skills (shield) and completely giving up vigor (even after the patch it will be up 67% of the time with this build) for 8% less speed and a little more damage does not seem like a good deal for me.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

For one, if I am dumping this many trait points into one kit, i would be using it primarily. So I cannot justify traiting a shield for the minimum toughness it will add, when I lose the toughness when in bomb kit.

I hardly call faster access to my AoE blinds and CC with smoke bomb and glue bomb + 10 more stacks of vulnerability “a little more damage”. If you feel that the longer recast shield skills offer you best return for defensive, skills, then by all means, invest in it. I for one disagree. If your using clerics gear, then your apparently looking to be group support. Yet when it comes to group support, you chose personal defense over group defense.

in Engineer

Direksone.3867

Well it gives me my blast finisher quicker, also the small stun or immunity from the shield might come in handy from time to time, that compared to 25% movement speed, when Swiftness will be up quite regularly through speedy kits, Hidden Flask and possible group buffs I don’t see that as being a good trade off. I did consider a more offensive build, something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIq6ZHvyuF17ISoHSohpWiU8YW2HFyVbB-jwBB4hBkaAk2AILqIasFhFRjVNjIqWnEDA-e

Another possibility perhaps?

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Engineer

Direksone.3867

If you really want to go the bomb healer route, that build is not bad, except one trait: 409.
It really only makes sense with at least 2 elixirs, otherwise just use Elixir C. If you want to cleanse conditions from your group just use Fumigate (EG 4), HT overcharge and Super Elixir. Investing in this trait to remove one condition on a ~60 second cooldown is not a good choice. Protection Injection or Backpack Regenerator (as you have a high heal stat and will be in melee range a lot) would fit much better.

But before you invest a lot of resources into new gear, be warned that even with a very high heal stat Elixir Bombs are rather underwhelming. I suggest you test it in sPvP first.

Already have the Cleric gear so that’s no problem!

What would you suggest instead of 409: Backpack regen, Fast Acting Elixirs or Protection Injection? I personally think out of those Fast Acting Elixirs since I’ll already be a tough cookie, but then again that comes down to playtesting I guess.

in Engineer

Mork vom Ork.2598

All those elixir based traits really only shine with 2+ elixirs. If Fast Acting worked for the Toolbelt part too, it would be a nice combo with Elixir B (group stability). I’d suggest you “dress for the moment”, choosing something that will benefit your 3rd utility skill or help with the encounter at hand.

If you think you’re tough enough to drop vigor, take reduced cooldown on bombs instead of Speedy Kits.

Also, with a 4% crit chance, you should change your main hand sigil to “on weapon swap”. Renewal (group heal), Energy (freeing up those 20 vigor trait points) or Hydromancy (aoe freeze on a short cd) might be better choices for this build.

in Engineer

Direksone.3867

Thanks for the feedback Mork! I think I’ll run with something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIq6ZHvyuF17ISoHSohpWiK8YfeIXpVbB-jwBB4hBkaAk+AILqIasFhFRjVNjIqWnEDA-e

3rd Utility will be an Elixir, which one will depend on the situation. That’s why I took the Fast Acting Elixirs since I don’t see Invigorating Speed be of any use with the Sigil and the tankyness of the specc, only other option would be Protection Injection. Could also take 10 pts out of Explosions and put that into Alchemy but this looks like a healthy mix between tankyness, support and damage.

in Engineer

Mork vom Ork.2598

For one, if I am dumping this many trait points into one kit, i would be using it primarily. So I cannot justify traiting a shield for the minimum toughness it will add, when I lose the toughness when in bomb kit.

I hardly call faster access to my AoE blinds and CC with smoke bomb and glue bomb + 10 more stacks of vulnerability “a little more damage”. If you feel that the longer recast shield skills offer you best return for defensive, skills, then by all means, invest in it. I for one disagree. If your using clerics gear, then your apparently looking to be group support. Yet when it comes to group support, you chose personal defense over group defense.

Short Fuse is really a good idea. I dance so much between 3-4 kits on my engie that I even forgot this trait exists. Still, to support your group you have to be alive, and with 2k toughness you really are an aggro magnet. I guess one has to find a personal balance here between support and personal defense. Sigil of Energy and some defensive 3rd utility (Toolkit, Slick Shoes, Thumper Turret, Mines) might do the trick and remove the need for vigor, thus freeing up 10 trait points and the Alchemy Adept slot.

in Engineer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I’ve actually already got a heal build in my signature. You could check it out to see what i use.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Engineer

Direksone.3867

Good point, though I’d rather then take Protective Shield or Elite Supplies.

in Engineer

Direksone.3867

I’ve actually already got a heal build in my signature. You could check it out to see what i use.

Perhaps should’ve clarified, but it’s not for WvW, it’s for PvE uses, hence me not caring about Power Shoes for instance ^^

in Engineer

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Thanks for the feedback Mork! I think I’ll run with something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIq6ZHvyuF17ISoHSohpWiK8YfeIXpVbB-jwBB4hBkaAk+AILqIasFhFRjVNjIqWnEDA-e

3rd Utility will be an Elixir, which one will depend on the situation. That’s why I took the Fast Acting Elixirs since I don’t see Invigorating Speed be of any use with the Sigil and the tankyness of the specc, only other option would be Protection Injection. Could also take 10 pts out of Explosions and put that into Alchemy but this looks like a healthy mix between tankyness, support and damage.

well change equip now is a waste of gold/karma/token
see this changes http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIq6ZH5yuF1LJyoCdWoHSohpWiUkfW2nCyFA-jwBB4hBkoGkEBILqIaslXFRjVNjIqWnETKAKWGB-e
if feet more

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in Engineer

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I don’t think healing bomb support will be any better than it already is. 0.04>0.06 is not a massive change.

On top of this the trait is completely counter intuitive. If you’re trying to stay alive you really really want to keep moving, but this trait relies on you standing still. I don’t even run it on bunker engi, better to sacrifice it for incendiary.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

A time ago i was running this build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIqCYX3ynF1LJxoCdO0jCff1KSR+1/nCyF-jACB4hBkaAk2AILqIas1OhtAaIaqZER16kYA-e

it was ok but i was lacking damage i will try it out after patch with ,many protection you can survive much.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Good point, though I’d rather then take Protective Shield or Elite Supplies.

And that is all that really matters. I am a huge advocate of the bomb kit, and I know that my build has changed since release, because you get a feel for what tweaks you like. I can’t say I blame you for going with what feels right for you in your game play.

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

In my opinion its just a bad trait for grand master.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

It’s not how I’m intending to build mine, but that setup is viable.

I think that in PvE, 30 Inventions will massively increase your survivability to the point where points in Alchemy would be overkill. I guess at that point it’d be up to how much you value Vigor, to which you could do something like 20/0/30/10/10 for Speedy Kits and Invigorating Speed.

I’m planning on trying to go without it entirely with the new Elixir Infused Bombs, going 30/10/30/0/0. I would also do Protective Shielding or Stabilized Armor instead of Reinforced Shield, but that’s just me.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

In my opinion its just a bad trait for grand master.

Indeed. Or they should move it at master level.
Any other class has grandmaster traits comprehending whole types of utilities, while we get just buffs for single kits.

It should just work with any kit. Give it a cone based-heal with flamethrower, a self-heal with the toolkit, a minor heal with the grenades (since it is more spread over) and it could heal allies in the line of fire with the elixir gun.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

You might consider runes of the water instead of the altruism runes. Those allow you to put out extra healing to yourself and allies, and it can serve as an extra method of self condi removal. Altruism runes would still be a nice choice though, though it can be inconvenient to have the boons tied to your healing, whereas the water runes just make your healing more potent.

Also, I don’t think Cleaning Forumla 409 would be worth it for this build since you only have elixir U. You might be better off with one of the non-elixir traits, such as backpack regenerator, self-regulating defenses, protection injection, or acidic coating.

This is what I use for my healing support build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcEQJAqelIq6dn1yuF1bJxoCdOkiCbYQFqrIF5X/fKwWA-jwxAIOhQqBIFKI5xioxWdLiGremIqWdjJFAErBA-e

Condition damage, and then flamethrower so I can get some extra damage from toolbelt skill or just mindless AoE spraying. I will probably have to make some tweaks to this build with the patch, though I’m not sure what I’ll change yet… May do something similar to you in that I swap flamethrower for bombs and take the 10 out of firearms and put them in inventions, though I would miss that elixir gun cooldown reduction… plus the flamethrower can be really handy to have. I’ve never really like the bomb playstyle that much though…

EDIT: Didn’t see the revised version. That one would probably work out better, although the speed from speedy kits would be missed in some situations.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

Wait! Healing bomb support does’nt work now even after its radius increase. That was one of the focuses of lvling mine as a hobby (36 atm) for dungeons and/or fractals.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

]
Any other class has grandmaster traits comprehending whole types of utilities, while we get just buffs for single kits.

It should just work with any kit. Give it a cone based-heal with flamethrower, a self-heal with the toolkit, a minor heal with the grenades (since it is more spread over) and it could heal allies in the line of fire with the elixir gun.

We are not guardians, and this is not AH.
What skill would you propose as grand master?
How would this work on other kits? How would it work with 3 grenades or kittens from FT’s flame jet skill?

Just tossing out poorly thought out suggest becomes very counter productive very fast.

Wait! Healing bomb support does’nt work now even after its radius increase. That was one of the focuses of lvling mine as a hobby (36 atm) for dungeons and/or fractals.

Sure it works, it worked well before, and it works better now. Not sure what you read into the previous post that suggested it didn’t, but it does.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Engineer

Manuhell.2759

]

We are not guardians, and this is not AH.
What skill would you propose as grand master?
How would this work on other kits? How would it work with 3 grenades or kittens from FT’s flame jet skill?

Just tossing out poorly thought out suggest becomes very counter productive very fast.

Did you even read the post? I had even made some examples.
And sure, we aren’t guardians. We’re engineers, you know, the jack of all trades, the ones that pay prices for their supposed versatility and so on.

in Engineer

Forestnator.6298

Sure it works, it worked well before, and it works better now. Not sure what you read into the previous post that suggested it didn’t, but it does.

No it’s just a kitten trait… it focus you to spam bombs while effective gameplay is about combining skills between kits. And even if you follow the bad gameplay and just spam bombs it is weak. You can just replace your healing bombs by super-elixir from EG with the same result – wihout 30 wasted points in the weakest trait line.

(edited by Forestnator.6298)

in Engineer

coglin.1867

No it’s just a kitten trait… it focus you to spam bombs while effective gameplay is about combining skills between kits. And even if you follow the bad gameplay and just spam bombs it is weak. You can just replace your healing bombs by super-elixir from EG with the same result – wihout 30 wasted points in the weakest trait line.

If you play around a trait that may explain why you have problems. The rest of us are wise enough not to “assume” we are supposed to “spam” bombs simply because we have a trait that allows them to heal.

To suggest this trait focus’s you to do nothing but play to the trait isn’t something most players do. so you point, is well, pointless.

Did you even read the post?

Sure I did. Why does everyone ask this dense question whenever someone offers a different opinion or disagrees?

in Engineer

Manuhell.2759

Sure I did. Why does everyone ask this dense question whenever someone offers a different opinion or disagrees?

Because you asked for examples about how the trait should work after the change, but those examples were in the same post you quoted.
So, yeah, guess you hadn’t read it at all.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Because you asked for examples about how the trait should work after the change, but those examples were in the same post you quoted.

I was looking for specific example that made sense. Because I felt yours didnt’ For example, you mention cone healing with the FT. This example makes no sense to me in two ways. For example it appears your referring to flame jet that hits 5 times. 5 heals doesn’t make sense to me. As well, how would kills such as smoke vent or air blast?

Then you mention tool kit. How would this heal work with magnet or gear block? doesn’t make sense.

in Engineer

Posted by: Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Only other kit I could see elixir infused bombs working with is the grenade kit. However that would make a grenade engi on the verge of being OP if each grenade was healing for the same amount as a bomb. Even if the healing for each grenade was lowered, you still end up with a setup that has the potential to heal up to 15 people (5 people per grenade) at long range, without much risk and still has a reasonable damage output. It’d be even worse to take down in a 1v1 situation.

That said I agree that its a rather weak grandmaster trait, even after the Dec 10th update. Wouldn’t mind them adding something else to it that was only activated while bomb kit was in use.

In any case, once this patch hits I’ll be experimenting with a 10,0,30,20,10 build using either full clerics or PVT depending on how well I’m surviving in a zerg’s front line.

in Engineer

Manuhell.2759

I was looking for specific example that made sense. Because I felt yours didnt’ For example, you mention cone healing with the FT. This example makes no sense to me in two ways. For example it appears your referring to flame jet that hits 5 times. 5 heals doesn’t make sense to me. As well, how would kills such as smoke vent or air blast?

Then you mention tool kit. How would this heal work with magnet or gear block? doesn’t make sense.

Then you should have written so – you just wanted more clarity on the examples.
I supposed it would work just on autoattacks, on different forms, and with different formulas involved. It would be terrible to balance otherwise.
And yes, with flame jet i intended 5 pulses of heal – but since it uses a different formula, they wouldn’t be 5 times the heal of a bomb. and they wouldn’t work on yourself, rather, you would be hitting enemies and allies alike, damaging enemies and healing allies while doing so.
In the tool kit case, it would be a self-healing on hit with the autoattack. Again, another formula involved here.
Grenades would work alike to bombs. But since there are multiple explosions, the effect should be lower than bombs for them to be balanced.
Med kit could have the healing from bandages increased (and this would also permit to scrap Packaged Stimulants, since no one uses that trait anyway).
The only tricky one is the elixir gun, cause the autoattack is a plain projectile. Maybe it could heal those who are in the line of fire.
Or, again, a self heal on hit – but i would rather avoid it. Maybe something like “every 10th autoattack heals a condition”, then.

in Engineer

Forestnator.6298

If you play around a trait that may explain why you have problems. The rest of us are wise enough not to “assume” we are supposed to “spam” bombs simply because we have a trait that allows them to heal.

To suggest this trait focus’s you to do nothing but play to the trait isn’t something most players do. so you point, is well, pointless.

What is the point in your post? Most people build around bombs only if they focus on healing bombs. And I am preaty sure the spam only bombs. Anyway, if you don’t why wasting 30 points if you can outplay yourself by just placing super-elixir? If you are wise enough…

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Effective gameplay is about combining skills between kits.

To a point, yes. I advocate carrying more than just one kit for most content in GW2. But the fact of the matter is, Bomb scales better with Power than Grenade does (125% versus 33% per grenade), so if you’re going to “spam” any skill as an Engineer, it should be the Bomb Kit auto-attack above all else.

The only advantage using the Grenade Kit is the superior Vulnerability stacking (3 stacks versus 1). I don’t find that this contributes to an overall increase in damage, coming from personal experience. It may elevate group DPS on the whole, but it’s not like we’re the only ones who can contribute to stacking Vulnerability.

It might be worth it in some cases to swap to the Grenade Kit purely for Shrapnel Grenade, but I’m not going to call someone a bad player if they choose to not run with the Grenade Kit. I certainly don’t, most of the time—especially when Engineers can contribute in a lot more ways than a marginal damage increase, like slotting an elixir for stability, stealth, or a projectile wall.

You can just replace your healing bombs by super-elixir from EG with the same result – wihout 30 wasted points in the weakest trait line.

But these are not mutually exclusive. You could easily take both, especially since Super Elixir scales so well with Healing Power these days. If healing support was what you wanted to do with your Engi, you probably should have the Elixir Gun on your bar regardless.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in Engineer

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Tossing my healing build that I have been using for a while into the mix. I really enjoy throwing bandages. When I am in a group that actually understands to run over bandages rather than run around them when they are low on health it can be a life saver. My bandages heal for a little over 2.2k X 3 per 12secs, then with a splash of eg(5) and the rotation of bomb skill spam I do fairly well keeping the group up.

Adding on to this, there are so many people that run around the bandage instead of through it, even when they are on low health. By around it they activity avoid it like it will cause them damage. To remedy this I have developed a skill for tossing the bandage and landing on the person, or in front of where they are running.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqel0p6ZX3SfF1LJyIFdWoF6hEaYqloC53nCyFA-jwBB4hBkaAk2AILqIasFhFRjVNjIqWnEDA-e

in Engineer

Mork vom Ork.2598

My biggest problem with the bandages is that they are single target only. At 2211 per bandage we get 553 heal/second on one target or an average 111 heal per second per character for a group of five.

At 1538 healing power Healing Turret’s overcharge heals 5 targets for 3289. A blast of the water field with Acid Bomb (same recharge as HT+overcharge when picked up) heals another 1627. This equals 328 heal/second on a single target which is 59% of the value from Med Kit, but the average heal per second per character in a group is almost three times as much as Med Kit’s.

And on top of that you clean 2 conditions and gain 5 seconds of regeneration (actually raising the h/s to 371).

Med Kit has some advantages for burst healing if you can stockpile bandages, or if your group is smaller than 5. But for standard dungeon runs, if you want to support your group, there is really only one choice for an Engineer’s healing skill.

P.S. With a 4% crit chance you should change that mainhand sigil to a weapon swap one, e.g. Sigil of Renewal

(edited by Mork vom Ork.2598)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lipstick.3469

Lipstick.3469

Also, just to note, EG5 also removes conditions. Even if tooltip does not inform you.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

What is the point in your post? Most people build around bombs only if they focus on healing bombs. And I am preaty sure the spam only bombs. Anyway, if you don’t why wasting 30 points if you can outplay yourself by just placing super-elixir? If you are wise enough…

The point to my post, is that this trait is a solid trait that benefits bomb builds. I do not feel it is a trait to make builds around. It is not wise to play your profession around a trait, you trait to accentuate how you play.

For the record, you the one calling it “wasting 30 points” . I on the other hand feel 300 toughness is never a waste. As well I do not feel 300 healing power is a complete waste when you are getting a trait that makes the kit you are already using for damage, defensive blinds, CC, to heal a bit as well.

You on the other hand, are suggesting playing only for the trait. I do not feel that is wise. You make a bomb build to use bombs for, as was mentioned, damage, CC, and defensive blinds. You do not use bombs to be a trinity healer as your suggesting.

If you feel it is a “waste of 30 points”, as you said, then do not use it.

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

The point to my post, is that this trait is a solid trait that benefits bomb builds. I do not feel it is a trait to make builds around. It is not wise to play your profession around a trait, you trait to accentuate how you play.

For the record, you the one calling it “wasting 30 points” . I on the other hand feel 300 toughness is never a waste. As well I do not feel 300 healing power is a complete waste when you are getting a trait that makes the kit you are already using for damage, defensive blinds, CC, to heal a bit as well.

You on the other hand, are suggesting playing only for the trait. I do not feel that is wise. You make a bomb build to use bombs for, as was mentioned, damage, CC, and defensive blinds. You do not use bombs to be a trinity healer as your suggesting.

If you feel it is a “waste of 30 points”, as you said, then do not use it.

gotta agree with coglin on this one, saying you need to spam bombs to use elixir infused bombs is like saying you can only use the kits/weapons you trait for and nothing else since you can’t make the most of that trait unless you spam only that kit or weapon, I’ve been looking into effective bomb heal builds since I heard about the buff and lets just say it’s well worth the 30 points, infact the whole trait line fully supports the use of healing bombs very well and moving it down from a gm trait would actually be a nerf to bomb heal builds, of course I can see very good builds from dropping it down a tier but that would be op and I’d rather not have all the fotm players flock to engineers ruining our great class

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

have you considered taking out points from alchemy and placing them into explosives? you’d be supporting your party even further by stacking vulnerability, your bombs will do more damage, and you’ll gain even more might stacks on heal. you can also use grenadier for bosses that require ranged attacks if need be.

or maybe you could place only 15 into explosives and 5 into tools so you’ll have a recharged stunbreak and water field if your health goes too low. you can swap out elixir u for elixir r to make up for the vigor loss and the elixir r toolbelt is pretty amazing considering you have two of them.

also with 4% crit chance i’d swap sigils. maybe battle.

so something like this
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIq6ZnwyuF17IyoCdWoHSohpWfeIXt1DC-jQCB4hBkaAkEBILqIasFhBpOMaVOhVNjIqWnEDA-e

or

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIq6ZnwyuF17Iy4DdWoHSohpWfZIXPIA-jQCB4hBkaAkEBILqIasFhBpOMaVOhVNjIqWnEDA-e

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

(edited by ellesee.8297)

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

have you considered taking out points from alchemy and placing them into explosives? you’d be supporting your party even further by stacking vulnerability, your bombs will do more damage, and you’ll gain even more might stacks on heal. you can also use grenadier for bosses that require ranged attacks if need be.

or maybe you could place only 15 into explosives and 5 into tools so you’ll have a recharged stunbreak and water field if your health goes too low. you can swap out elixir u for elixir r to make up for the vigor loss and the elixir r toolbelt is pretty amazing considering you have two of them.

also with 4% crit chance i’d swap sigils. maybe battle.

so something like this
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIq6ZnwyuF17IyoCdWoHSohpWfeIXt1DC-jQCB4hBkaAkEBILqIasFhBpOMaVOhVNjIqWnEDA-e

or

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIq6ZnwyuF17Iy4DdWoHSohpWfZIXPIA-jQCB4hBkaAkEBILqIasFhBpOMaVOhVNjIqWnEDA-e

Why Speedy Kits? You also already have Automated Medical Response, so there’s no reason to take Inertial Converter.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

What about Settler’s gear? I have playeds mostly with power so far. For some open world where it is zergy(like that tower atm) I always liked bombs with the healing. But still used my rifle for a bit CC.

I heard with the upcoming patch the elixir infused bombs would scale a bit better? wanted to try something with condition in WvW. Would it be possible to use Settler’s gear(with high toughness, conditon and healing) + pistols and super elixir and bomb kit + some third utility skill? And just using both – elixir gun and bombs – to get some additional healing? (In zerg fight, outside of zergs more elixir gun and the pistols)?

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Why Speedy Kits? You also already have Automated Medical Response, so there’s no reason to take Inertial Converter.

inertial converter is for toss elixir r and it refreshes the stunbreak and water field for good measure. automated medical response doesn’t refresh the healing turret toolbelt. and speedy kits because i like permanent swiftness lol.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

inertial converter is for toss elixir r and it refreshes the stunbreak and water field for good measure. automated medical response doesn’t refresh the healing turret toolbelt. and speedy kits because i like permanent swiftness lol.

Fair enough. I just think there are better uses for those points, like taking 10 Firearms for Sitting Duck (which is so amazing with the Rifle).

[EG] Ethereal Guardians