Future skills and changes suggestion.

in Engineer

Posted by: headshocked.3507

headshocked.3507

After more than a year spent on my norn engineer i’ve gaethered my ideas and decided to post here what IMHO should be the future changes on this class.

first of all a short analisys of the class :

“Engineers are technological and alchemical masterminds. They employ turrets, grenades, elixirs, a variety of other impressive devices, and concoctions to overcome their enemies. As an adventurer profession, engineers wear medium armor.”

SUGGESTION NUMBER 1: RIFLE

I really like the mobility and control skills of engi’s rifle BUT it has a really weak point: skill 1. why should i be able to hit at 1200 distance piercing targets dealing only 1500 critical damage with 3500 attack and in the meantime a ranger can shot a 3000 damage arrow at 1500 range with same stats? and 3 skills have to be in close/mid range to work properly

My suggestion is: increase rifle damage and shorten the range to 700/800 when traited with rifled turret. it’s a combat shotgun let it be what it really is.

SUGGESTION NUMBER 2: TESLA KIT

Essentially a portable backpack reactor with medium/long range skill:

1. Focused Lightning : 1 sec cast high damage attack, single target. 900 range
  2. Flash : instant cast, inflicts 3 sec blindness and 2 stack of 8 sec vulnerability, single target, 900 range, 8 sec cooldown
  3. Overcharge/Magnetic Repulsion : overcharges enemies that hit you slightly damaging them; atcivating Magnetic Repulsion launches the enemy away by 500. 20-25 sec cooldown. (similar to Guardian’s Binding Blade/Pull but with opposite effect)
  4. Chain Lightning : cast a lightning that bounces through enemies losing 20% damage per enemy hit. channeled skill, 3-4 sec duration 1 pulse per second, 3-4 target hit. 900 range, 30-35 sec cooldown
  5. Thunderstruck : electrifies armor and calls a huge thunder to your position dazing enemies and dealing high damage, 5 target hit, 1 sec daze duration, 480 radius, 50 sec cooldown.

Toolbelt : Conducting Armor : same effect as Shocking Aura. 50 sec cooldown

Maybe can be used as a Kit élite skill with 60 sec cooldown after dropping and 60 sec duration.

SUGGESTION NUMBER 3: SNIPER KIT

engineers lack in long range skills (only granade kit can reach 1500 range but i’ll talk about it later) i’d suggest a long range single target kit.

1. Marksman’s Shot : 3/4 sec cast long range medium/high damage shot. 1500 range when traited with Rifled Barrels.
  2. Target Down! : 2 sec cast long range high damage shot, requires standing position (like Warrior’s Hundred Blades or rifle’s burst skill), 10 sec cooldown, 1500 range when traited with Rifled Barrels.
  3. Armor Piercing Rounds : piercing shot that hits trough enemis dealing medium damage and inflicting 8 stack of vulnerability for 10 sec. 20 sec cooldown, 1500 range when traited with Rifled Barrels.
  4. Hollow Point Bullet : shorter range shot dealing small damage but inflicting 8 stacks of bleeding for 12 sec. 900 range when traited with Rifled Barrels, 25 sec cooldown.
  5. Camouflage : grants stealth for 5 sec and a 10% damage bonus on next attack. 45 sec cooldown.

Toolbelt : Flare fires a flare at target location revealing stealthed enemies. 60 sec cooldown, 2000 radius.

SUGGESTION NUMBER 4: GRENADE (launcher) KIT

as said i’d suggest to give the Grenade Kit a ‘nade launcher. skill effects and damage should remain the same so you’d say “Why?” because it’s extremely easy to avoid ‘nades launched at 1500 range without dodging and ends in grenade kit being used at mid/close range. (and it’s really ridiculous that hand thrown ‘nades have longer range than bullets).
So i’d suggest to lower the attack speed increasing instead flight speed. I’d increase grenade skill cast to 3/4 – 1 sec and double the flight speed.

So these are my toughts and suggestions on future changes for Engineer class. it is my favourite class and I think it’s a shame to see so many engineers with so few build variations.

What do you think? Do you agree with me or you’d like to change, add something?

in Engineer

Posted by: Elendiar.6815

Elendiar.6815

Yeah! I think that you are right!

in Engineer

Posted by: Kradrog.2316

Kradrog.2316

Really good ideas! The Engineer class really needs some new and original weapons.

in Engineer

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

Tesla Kit <3
For the sake of it, ANET go and design some new skills – we dont need “living world” content all the time, we actually want to enjoy our class

in Engineer

Posted by: Orcoboia.1604

Orcoboia.1604

good ideas and very original! nice work

in Engineer

Posted by: degenerato.6301

degenerato.6301

i really like the sniper kit idea….it sounds good….change the engy pls

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

i like this ideas
tesla would make a nice elite kit something we dont have yet <—-

in Engineer

Posted by: Diet Plain.4513

Diet Plain.4513

Probably the best skill set I’ve seen for the sniper kit. +1!

in Engineer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I want 2hander Melee Weapon kit with 2hander animation. aka Sawchain blade!

in Engineer

headshocked.3507

yeah that would be awesome too. there’s the sawchain blade skin but hey, who cares?

in Engineer

Knighthonor.4061

yeah that would be awesome too. there’s the sawchain blade skin but hey, who cares?

yeah but that weapon isnt a Engineer Kit. Hey we cant even change models for our kits. would like something cool and gruesome looking for a Sawchain blade kit with two hander animation.

hate the 1hander wrench because it seems awkward for no off hand.

in Engineer

headshocked.3507

thank you! i’d like to see a similar one in game some day in the future!

yeah but that weapon isnt a Engineer Kit. Hey we cant even change models for our kits. would like something cool and gruesome looking for a Sawchain blade kit with two hander animation.

yeah i agree it’s kinda wierd. sawchain kit may have some slow unprecise attack since engineer is no swordsman

in Engineer

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

That sniper kit should be rifle in Thief equipment in my opinion.
Engineer doesn’t fit to be “stealthy”, he comes in, do blasts , explosions, etc.
And remember! Cool guys don’t look at explosions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo

Granade launcher would be overpowered ;O

Trust me. I’m engineer

(edited by Miltek.2104)

in Engineer

Knighthonor.4061

thank you! i’d like to see a similar one in game some day in the future!

yeah i agree it’s kinda wierd. sawchain kit may have some slow unprecise attack since engineer is no swordsman

But, its not a Sword, its a Saw…

look below.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Hand-cannon or a shoulder mounted cannon kit. 2handed and 1 handed crossbows. 1handed would be for power builds since there are no mainhand power weps for engi. Hammer and 1h hammer too of course.

Here’s some visual stimulation:

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Engineer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

sniper kit? are you trying to rebuild the april fool commando or something? next thing we know well add tactical nuke and the summon air armada elite spell xD but seriously i like the sniper idea for engy

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Engineer

Posted by: Valar Morghulis.7049

Valar Morghulis.7049

How bout’s fixing turrets?
Here is my suggestions: (rough numbers/stats for understanding not fully set for balance and would be tweaked accordingly).

TLDR = Change all turrets to be PBAE with no overcharge/loss of tool belt.

To solve some of the issues with Turrets change them to all use PBAE (point blank area effect) abilities that do not require any targeting akin to Animist’s shrooms from DAoC.

All turrets would get an increase in Vitality, Toughness, Condition Duration and Power or Condition Damage from the Engineer’s stats (% of stat is given to turret for better synergy and diversity of builds).

All turrets would have a 1/2sec deploy time (as currently). 40sec cool down after destroyed, detonated or 5min timer expires and a 10sec cool down after being picked up.

All turrets would lose their overcharge abilities, tool belt abilities would remain when turrets are deployed.

ALL turrets would be 500 or 600 radius on their PBAEs (possibly upgraded in traits or when Tool kit is equipped).

I. Rocket Turret changed to Gas Turret (low hp/ac):
—Pulse every 5sec
—Applies (1)Torment & (1)Poison 5sec duration
+Tool belt skill Gas Rocket:
+
+30sec CD, 1,500 range, 240 radius, 500 damage, 3 stacks torment/poison 5sec.

II. Thumper Turret (Medium hp/ac):
—Pulse every 15sec
—Blast damage 2,000
—Blast Finisher
—Knockdown 1sec
+Tool belt skill Rumble:
+
+40sec CD, 240 radius, 1,000 damage, 1sec stability/stun break, blast finisher.

III. Flame Turret (Medium hp/ac):
—Pulse every 10sec
—Applies Fire 5sec duration
—Applies Reveal 4sec duration (not effected by condition duration and unblock-able).
+Tool belt skill Smoke Screen:
+
+15sec CD, 300 radius, Blind 5sec duration

IV. Net Turret changed to Gravitational Turret (High hp/ac):
—Pulse every 7sec
—Applies Immobilize & Weakness 2.5sec duration
+Tool belt skill Localized Gravitational Field:
+
+20sec CD, 1,500 range, Immobilize 4sec duration

V. Rifle Turret changed to Shrapnel Turret (Low hp/ace):
—Pulse every 3sec
—200 damage
—applies (2) bleed 2sec duration
+Tool belt skill Belt Shot:
+
+5sec CD, 1,000 range, 200 damage

Just some thoughts Lemme know whatcha guys/gals think?

Fiddler of Malazan [BR] – Engineer {NSP}

in Engineer

headshocked.3507

How bout’s fixing turrets?
Here is my suggestions: (rough numbers/stats for understanding not fully set for balance and would be tweaked accordingly).

TLDR = Change all turrets to be PBAE with no overcharge/loss of tool belt.

To solve some of the issues with Turrets change them to all use PBAE (point blank area effect) abilities that do not require any targeting akin to Animist’s shrooms from DAoC.

All turrets would get an increase in Vitality, Toughness, Condition Duration and Power or Condition Damage from the Engineer’s stats (% of stat is given to turret for better synergy and diversity of builds).

All turrets would have a 1/2sec deploy time (as currently). 40sec cool down after destroyed, detonated or 5min timer expires and a 10sec cool down after being picked up.

All turrets would lose their overcharge abilities, tool belt abilities would remain when turrets are deployed.

ALL turrets would be 500 or 600 radius on their PBAEs (possibly upgraded in traits or when Tool kit is equipped).

Just some thoughts Lemme know whatcha guys/gals think?

totally agree. that would make turrets a sort of traps/minions giving much more opportunities.
I’m thinking right now about some changes to gadgets skill, maybe some passive effects

in Engineer

Posted by: Menion.9305

Menion.9305

I agree engineer must be supported and emproved!!!