GG : Turret Engineer still Broken

in Engineer

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

Hi,

I am very disapointed about the new patch, there are a couple of good things like usual but Turrets Engineer still got the short end of the stick.

I realy love for fact turrets now focus my main target while still keeping their ability to fight ennemies in vicinity. But, yeah there is a but… Whenever I find myself attacking multiple targets with AoEs my turrets are just freaking out and are starting to mess around before shooting at my selected target.

Also, turrets are supposed to have their rate of fire fixed when I read the patch note (at least Net Turret). Net Turret doesn’t cease fire whenever you overcharge its first attack, wich is good fix, but it doesn’t get any firerate increase. Meanwhile, did you people completely forgot about Rifle Turret? Mine still has bugy firerate whenever I start the overcharge too soon or too late? And what about Rocket Turret? Its overcharge still only shoot a single rocket instead of the previous 2 and now it doesn’t even deal Burning condition damage anymore? What the… ? What happend there, why does the tooltip state it is still burning my target but doesn’t do it whenever it hits my target with a rocket (I tested with and without traits)?

Speaking of wich, even some of your new tooltips are wrong! Autotool Installation : 1% every 10sec? Not realy, its more like 10% every 10sec.

And realy? Every minion gets a free 71% health bonus in PVE but our Turrets only get an extra 3% reduction with trait? While I could understand for Mesmer wich already had a buff to their Clone and Phantasm health in a previous patch. I realy can’t understand why turrets are the only one not receiving this threatment (they could realy benefit from this).
Edit : Also damage is halved for the next rocket comming after an overcharged one.

In the end I am very saddend, again… Because I haven’t played my Engineer for months and it is a profession I would like to play again, when it actualy works like it should, because I like him alot.

(edited by Ambrecombe.4398)

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

As I stated in another thread, when it comes to targeting and issues with related to that with us, as players using AoEs.

Honestly, I can see how it can be an issue, but no matter how you slice it, its hard to expect even the best AI to function in a case where your AoEing.

The best solution I can think of it to have turrets attack “called targets” by attacking the ones I call in group with that puts the icon over the targets head.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Just some clarifications and additions:

For the AoE targeting, it seems it will priortize the LAST target hit in an AoE or ‘chained’ attack (Static Discharge’s last hit enemy, for example, or for more clarification, it bounces 2 times. The 3rd hit will be the priority for turrets). Expect the furthest target away from the AoE to be the priority.

The damage numbers for the turrets are incorrect for pretty much…all of them… in tooltip only. Note that the actual damage they do is still the same.

Rocket Turret is the one that had its damage changed. While it no longer applies burning, it is doing about 1,400+ damage per shot.

Rocket Turret’s Toolbelt got a huge buff and nerf. The damage is significantly higher (Pretty much the same as Big ’Ol Bomb now, my critical hits with it can go up to 4k+), the range is 1,500, the radius is 240 (still the same), hits multiple targets now (used to only hit one target only). The catch? The arc is the same as the overcharge of Rocket Turret, same with the traveling speed of the rocket. Its also ground targeted now, so no more fire and forget.

Again with the health on turrets: Immune to conditions, can be placed out of reach of enemies making it take 0 from melee mobs forever > 71% more health

Turret Size… a bit hard to tell. I’ve had a guardian do whirling wrath right in the middle of supply crate and not hit all my turrets for the first time ever (flame turret was out of reach!). Needs testing.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I know we get in ruts of simply discussing the issues, but if the numbers on the tool tips are off, lets all remember to “/bug” them to get reports on such issues flooding it.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

…I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but honestly, I can’t really…

Look, just tell me if there’s any new Turret bugs.

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

…I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but honestly, I can’t really…

Look, just tell me if there’s any new Turret bugs.

As far as it goes with the list here, haven’t discovered any.

Also confirmed how AoE targeting works. Last target hit (literally, meaning farthest enemy away from center of AoE) will be the turret priority target.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zorgog.3908

Zorgog.3908

any changes on how turrets act when your last target stealths?

PvP only
Team GASM

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The thing that annoys me is that Anet clearly didn’t think this through with turret targeting.

I have trouble naming just one skill where this can’t go wrong. The only two that comes to mind are overcharged shot and Tranquilizer art. Otherwise, every pistol skill, every shield skill, nearly every rifle skill, all grenades, bomb kit, tool kit, flamethrower, nearly every elixir gun, and pretty much all of the damaging utilities would cause this to bug out.

I suppose this is a welcome change for the turret engineer who spams tranquilizer dart. But for everyone else, it is sheer nonsense.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Engineer

Posted by: histerico.6153

histerico.6153

Saw this when I checked out the turrets but there is a discrepancy with the tool tips for net turret. I’m not good at explaining but when you hover the cursor over the skill when it’s on your bar the tool tip says the fire rate is 10 seconds. However when you hover the cursor over the icon to select the skill it says the fire rate is 13 seconds.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Welp, guess that tells us where the fire rate bugs are supposed to be from.

in Engineer

Posted by: histerico.6153

histerico.6153

nevermind both tool tips agree, must have been a one time bug. Although the duration for the net turret over charge is still 10 seconds wtf

in Engineer

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

I realy wish right now A-net could put an end to our misery, but I guess I’ll have to upload slow as hell fraps video on youtube again…