Gadgeteer master trait.

Gadgeteer master trait.

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Hey!
Since the new traits have come I feel that what ArenaNet intended to do with gadgeteer did not work out well. Let me explain this.
Engineers most likely rely on their kits (as most engineers know). However kits take a utility slot. For an average engineer I can say that you use most of the time at least one kit, and I think there are lots of us using at least 2 (In any situation). With this we come down to one, or in the first case, two utility slots free. In this case it is not worth it going 6(or grandmaster) into Tools just to get this trait.
[b]My suggestion]:
Step 1: Remove “Cloaking Device (VI)” and replace it by “Leg Mods (X)”.
Step 2: Move down “Gadgeteer (XIII)” to master.
Step 3: Make a new trait for the Grandmaster line. Preferably something that does interact with Ferocity and Toolbelt skills.
Step 4: Make Gadget Toolbelt skills also Gadgets. This gives you the double amount of Toolbelt skills (just like elixir toolbelts are elixirs). This would give more interaction with the trait.
Step 5: Enjoy your positive comments on the forum!
Let me hear what you think/your opinion about gagdets!
Have a nice day, every day!
Fvux.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Gadgeteer master trait.

in Engineer

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Yeh, the trait is almost cool, but the problem is that since engi got no secondary weaponset the only way to get one is to slot in a kit, at this point an engi has as many skills as other classes. In order to gain some benefits from his class mechanics it needs to slot in another kit, so to get more options available. At this point only one utility slot is left.
So yeh, the problem with gadgets is that taking one of them instead of a kit means giving up 4 skills for one; given this choise, no wonders most engis run 2 or 3 kits.

I do think engi skillset need some rework, cause the only reason to take anything over a kit is to have a breakstun (not even this, cause Elixir gun has that) or more mobility (rocket boots), other gadgets just dont offer anything more than kits.

Gadgeteer master trait.

in Engineer

Posted by: Argamir.3651

Argamir.3651

I also think that the trait is really weak. Most of the boons have a very short duration and its just not worth stacking gadgets for the few seconds of boons. The only one i actually find pretty strong is the 5 might stacks on goggles. 4s vigor on boots, 5s fury on ram and the 3s retaliation on AED just seems ridicilously weak.

Gadgeteer master trait.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Maybe if Gadgeteer also triggered on Gadget Toolbelt effects, it’d be good. As it is, even with the high uptime of some of the boons, the results just aren’t that impressive.
Grandmasters make builds, yet the only Gadget builds I can come up with that aren’t “And I’ll take that Grandmaster because it’s a Gadget trait” have no Grandmasters at all – or the Grandmasters they get are Bunker Down and/or Synaptic Overload, because both of these synergize with an actual character who’s using a full complement of Gadgets, at least in my opinion.

So: Definitely agree with reducing it to Master trait, and making the Toolbelt skills the same type as the Utility; I see the latter as a now-ancient oversight.
I have no idea what Cloaking Device or Armor Mods have to do with this situation, so I can’t comment on those suggestions.

For a replacement Grandmaster…I’m not sure, really. I’d actually really like more Toolbelt traits, though I can’t say I’m especially enamored with trying to work Ferocity into it somehow. Maybe…hm.

Mechanical Rhythm:
Each Toolbelt skill use grants a stack of Mechanical Rhythm, with a duration of 10 seconds. Each stack of Mechanical Rhythm grants a Ferocity bonus of 12.5%, and increases Precision by 5%.

Gadgeteer master trait.

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

The replacement of cloaking device was just a suggestion which was more offtopic. I am glad you people agree and I do hope with this it makes Arenanet thinking. If you have any other ideas about this subject please feel free to post: all ideas are welcome

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux