Generell questions about kits, sigils.

in Engineer

Posted by: Whizzy.5723

Whizzy.5723

Hey guys,

got some questions.

1. Do sigils work in offhand weapon when u use ur mainhand one? e.g. I’m having a sigil which gives me +x when I hit at crit in my offhand weapon. Does it only proc when I crit with my offhand weapon or does it proc in generell even when I’m critting with my mainhand one?

2. Do I lose my sigils when swapping to an kit? Do I furthermore lose the “Reinforced Shield” trait when switching to a kit?

3. There are sigils that give u bonus effects when u swap to the weapon the sigil is planted in. The engi does only have one weapon slot. I wonder if kits do count as a weapon by their own. Does the weapons sigil activate when I switch to that weapon while having a kit equipped?

Thanks in advance!

in Engineer

Posted by: NeryK.5301

NeryK.5301

1. Yes.
Example : if you have a sigil of air (chance of lightning on crit) on your offhand, you can get a lightning bolt when critting with your mainhand.

2. Yup. Indeed.
All stats related to a weapon are lost when equipping a kit.

All stats related to a weapon are kept when equipping a kit, except its base damage.

3. Nein.
Engineers currently do not have access to “on-switch” sigil effects (and is the only profession in this case).

Engineers do have access to “on-switch” sigil effects with kits.

2013-04-03 : Post updated due to necroposting

I like this job. I like it !

(edited by NeryK.5301)

in Engineer

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

We are working to make sigils work with kits. Our intention is to push this as soon as possible. Hope that helps.

Jon

in Engineer

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

We are working to make sigils work with kits. Our intention is to push this as soon as possible. Hope that helps.

Jon

It does, but it still makes it feel like weapons are pointless to a kit engineer.

I could wear a level 1 white pistol and it wouldn’t matter to my DPS at all if I was in kits. THAT is what is the most disappointing.

in Engineer

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Step two is to get the weapon stats to apply to kits as well. We felt sigils was the more important first step because it creates build diversity. Flamethrower with sigil of air? Yes please.

in Engineer

Ahlen.7591

Step two is to get the weapon stats to apply to kits as well. We felt sigils was the more important first step because it creates build diversity. Flamethrower with sigil of air? Yes please.

Yay

in Engineer

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

Jon

How is this going to work for pistol/shield and pistol/pistol users?
Which sigil will be applied to the kit? I’m guessing it won’t be both?

Or will you have separate sigils for the kits?

Sigils are definitely more important. No argument there.
But losing roughly 2k HP when switching to my medkit to heal up can prove to be highly annoying.

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

sigil of strength + grenade kit. People are really never gonna leave grenade kit now if we get stats + sigil. I guess they could always fiddle with the weapon damage to keep it in line. Either way looking forward to that.

in Engineer

Ahlen.7591

sigil of strength + grenade kit. People are really never gonna leave grenade kit now if we get stats + sigil. I guess they could always fiddle with the weapon damage to keep it in line. Either way looking forward to that.

Let’s see some pre-nerf Pistol 1 in action.

in Engineer

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Jon

Are there any plans to do the same with conjure weapons, or are those going into a different direction?

This is relevant also because the weapons have extra stats in pve, and different rarities as well, unlike pvp.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in Engineer

Posted by: Flaunz.5273

Flaunz.5273

Dear Jon Peters,
you just made my day!

New Years [ICON] Engineer
Ring of Fire

in Engineer

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Dear Jon Peters,
you just made my day!

Make that two of us. Excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor. This is awesome news.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Engineer

Posted by: Noskillz.1067

Noskillz.1067

Omg there is hope for the Eng class ? amazing !

in Engineer

Posted by: Rawthorne.8675

Rawthorne.8675

Ummm here’s what I have noticed in regard to this. I use a p/p engineer and a sb and axe/warhorn ranger and then the harpoon gun for both.

1. I use superior rune of perception (precision) and force (5% damage) on p/p and bloodlust (power) and umm the 3 stacks of might when swapped (geomancy? I forget) to on axe/warhorn.

2. All seems fine on the ranger and works as intended with no issues.

3. The engineer….well kitten now we have issues both good and bad.

A. I submitted a bug report about this the other day but when I die/go into a downed state I either don’t get my stacks of precision f/ kills anymore or it takes a while after I start killing before they start registering again. It seems to have gotten better though. Most times I was forced to relog to fix this. What I have found is that once I hit a downed/killed state that if I wait a bit BEFORE I kill anything again all is fine. If I IMMEDIATELY start killing again then I don’t get my stacks of precision at all (relog) or for quite a while.

B. I have a harpoon gun on my engineer with sigil of speed on it (10s of quickness after killing an enemy). Here’s the thing though….it procs EVERYTIME EVEN THOUGH I’M USING GRENADES 24/7 IN THE WATER!!!! So I get the 10s of quickness f/ harpoon gun after killing an enemy in the water even though I’m using grenades? Umm huh? Somehow something is WRONG because even though I am accomplishing what you HOPE to implement in the future I cannot do this on land with any of my kits (I had speed sigils before on my pistols and never noticed this while using a kit).

A quick question to the developers. I noticed a website that CLAIMED that if you dual wielded a wpn like p/p for ex; and you had say a sigil that gave stacks of precision/power/etc. but only had 1 equipeed and a different sigil in the other wpn say +5% damage for example you only get HALF the benefit!! So in that example I’d get 25 stacks of +5 precision instead of +10 precision in my case. What’s the verdict? Also if dual wielding and using 2 sigils of force would we get that 2x so 10% increased damage or only 5%? I never found a definitive answer f/ Anet on these topics; only speculation f/ us peons.

in Engineer

Posted by: Neka.2403

Neka.2403

Jon

God bless you if you make it work, its my only desire for engis.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Having both an ele and an engineer, could these changes also apply to conjures as well in place of the tied in stats for the conjures? The current stats for the conjures are less than what actual weapons provide, and the stats particularly for the frost bow do not appeal at all.

I hope sigils and weapon stats apply to kits and conjures in all instances. Why should your equipped weapons become obsolete, costing you stats, when you choose to make use of your utilities that already restrict you from using other skills?

It’s good news that the technology for applying weaponstats to conjured weapons (which kits basically are as well) is being investigated.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dispari.3980

Dispari.3980

1. Nope.
Example : if you have a sigil of air (chance of lightning on crit) on your offhand, you will not get a lightning when critting with your mainhand.

Is that really how it works? The wiki says the exact opposite.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil

“Sigils that trigger on critical hits can trigger on any critical hits; the critical does not need to be scored with the associated weapon’s skills. For example, a character with an off hand weapon imbued with a Sigil of Rage can still gain quickness with a critical hit with their first three skills.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Dark Slayer.6251

Dark Slayer.6251

Day=Made
TY Keep up the good work.

in Engineer

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

1. Nope.
Example : if you have a sigil of air (chance of lightning on crit) on your offhand, you will not get a lightning when critting with your mainhand.

I’m sorry, but I have to disagree with you there. I use P/S with the sigil of speed on the pistol and fire on the shield. I’m able to proc the flame blast quite easily without using my 4, 5 skills. I also still get the swiftness effect once the battle is done.
I tested this to be sure, prior to writing this.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

This by far was the best part of my day.

Thank you so much for answering some of our concerns! Communication like this lays our fears to rest more then any patch note could.

Thanks Jon!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

This doesn’t sounds like primary weapons may get a nerf and that is really bad for rifle only builds that uses rifles for their main source of dmg =(.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Engineer

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Holy crap Jon, you just made me a very happy person. Kits are going to be awesome now.

But and about turrets and other summons in general? Do you plan to make them scale in power with us as well?

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

in Engineer

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

I have hope that my time in engineer is not wasted, after Jon posted.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

OMG finally

I might even start to work towards a legendary now, seeing as it won’t be completely useless once these changes go through.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: Mehknic.2904

Mehknic.2904

Jon, your posts in this thread are the happiest thing to come out of the keyboards of ANet since GW2 released. Whoever made the decision in your office to have you guys talk to us more deserves a cookie.

/highfive

[Malum Factum] – Yak’s Bend – www.malumfactum.com
Mehknic || Engineer
Merknerk || Guardian

in Engineer

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I kind of doubt that what we’ll end up with are today’s kits + stat +sigils, they’ve probably balanced the current kits (or at least so they think) based on not having those things. There might be a brief period where we’d have all those things, while they make sure it all works, but at the end of the day I’m sure they’ll lower the base damage of all the kits to assume that you’ll have a level-appropriate weapon to bring them back up, and sigils to buff them up.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

I think you are right about that one. Still some today kits would still be balanced with those changes. Just Grenade kit is…. Grenade kit…. 3 separate chances of procing things. 3 stacks of vulnerability…Crazy good scaling… everyone knows the story.

in Engineer

Posted by: RobinotX.1604

RobinotX.1604

… kitten. THIS IS… THE ENGINEER~!

Well, that escaleted quickly. Sigils with kits will be Grenthkittyyeah.

If you are already answering some of these questions I am wondering. As the community would like Hammers be able for the Engineer, can you tell us. Do you guys have plans to give the Engineer a Hammer? Or Torch or Dual Shield?

Dual shield like both work like magnets sort of thing ^^;

Plus what are the plans for the turrets?

in Engineer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Turrets? Yes please! And if you are going to do something with them sometime in the future; please also consider the turret models to show ‘racial diversity’.

That way an Asura would have turrets resembling Asura technology, Sylvari would have turrets resembling Sylvari ‘technology’ (naturology?) etc. etc.

Still, it’s good to see the Engineer getting some potential attention. Maybe someday I can pick mine up again… It’s just that the current (technologically inferior as per Asura standards) turret models just don’t cut it for my Asura…

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Engineer

Posted by: Noskillz.1067

Noskillz.1067

Dual Shield?

Dual shield like both work like magnets sort of thing ^^;

MUST ressist not to post about that !

in Engineer

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

Thank you Mr. Peters, this is good news indeed. Now my 1.3k damage per grenade Engineer can be even better! While I absolutely love the DPS I can dish out, everything else seems lackluster..

As some people mentioned, turrets need something. And using a rifle for DPS is moot compared to the damage you can do with grenades, sometimes I wish I could shake things up a bit without sacrificing damage output :/

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Woot thanks for replying Jon! Now I got someting to look forward too in my class!

in Engineer

Ahlen.7591

Turrets? Yes please! And if you are going to do something with them sometime in the future; please also consider the turret models to show ‘racial diversity’.

That way an Asura would have turrets resembling Asura technology, Sylvari would have turrets resembling Sylvari ‘technology’ (naturology?) etc. etc.

Still, it’s good to see the Engineer getting some potential attention. Maybe someday I can pick mine up again… It’s just that the current (technologically inferior as per Asura standards) turret models just don’t cut it for my Asura…

The most important part is to make it so turrets don’t do half the damage my skills do.

Personal burn ticks – 660-750 (depending on might)
Flame Turret ticks – 320?

in Engineer

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

You have no idea how happy this makes me. Thank you.

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

in Engineer

Posted by: Manatee Nymph.8261

Manatee Nymph.8261

snip

I wouldn’t get my hopes up guys: Got a Ranger main, and 2 months after Mr Peters’s promises we’re still waiting for our quality of life changes.

Maybe if you’re lucky, you’ll also get some super pro of super win underwater skills

./shrugs

nem·e·sis
/?nem?sis/
The inescapable or implacable agent of someone’s or something’s downfall.

in Engineer

Posted by: PotatoOverdose.6583

PotatoOverdose.6583

snip

I wouldn’t get my hopes up guys: Got a Ranger main, and 2 months after Mr Peters’s promises we’re still waiting for our quality of life changes.

Maybe if you’re lucky, you’ll also get some super pro of super win underwater skills

./shrugs

I think the difference is that unlike rangers, we don’t need a significant class overhaul. Sigils will go a LONG way toward adding a ton of build diversity to engineers. We need one thing really (I could live without weapon stats on kits, for example) and that is sigils. The obvious example of flamethrower+sigil of air mentioned by jon peters is a very good example of why this is important.

My only question is: how long? I know that Anet hates that question, but I figure I’ll try anyway. Within 2 months? Within 4 months? Within 6 months? A very rough ballpark estimate on when the devs think sigils on kits will be ready would be nice.

in Engineer

Posted by: RobinotX.1604

RobinotX.1604

snip

./shrugs

Well, they hopefully learned from that. Plus, maybe your changes are harder then you think they are?

in Engineer

Posted by: Mehknic.2904

Mehknic.2904

snip

./shrugs

To be fair, saying “We’ll fix your class!” is a scarily vague statement. Saying “We’re getting sigils and stats on your weapon kits.” is pretty specific. Even if it doesn’t come immediately, knowing that those two specific changes are in the pipeline makes it more enjoyable to play. Now I can start working toward my legendary, knowing that eventually, that legendary will actually go to good use at some point, even if it’s 6 months down the road.

Basically, my biggest issue with the class has just been pinned up as something that’s going to be taken care of. I’m no longer worried that my class will be stuck in this state for the remainder of the game.

[Malum Factum] – Yak’s Bend – www.malumfactum.com
Mehknic || Engineer
Merknerk || Guardian

in Engineer

Posted by: Manatee Nymph.8261

Manatee Nymph.8261

I was just making fun of the statement guys :-P I’m sure the changes will ready for the Dec 14 patch.

lucky beeches :-P

nem·e·sis
/?nem?sis/
The inescapable or implacable agent of someone’s or something’s downfall.

in Engineer

Posted by: xenoaroe.3894

xenoaroe.3894

Step 3: Legendary Effects on kits!

in Engineer

Posted by: DEDEN.2870

DEDEN.2870

Is this change to bundle/sigil interaction restricted entirely to engineer kits? Or will we see change propogate over to other professions as well?

I’d really love to have sigils working on my elemental conjures is all…

in Engineer

Posted by: NeryK.5301

NeryK.5301

I’m sorry, but I have to disagree with you there. I use P/S with the sigil of speed on the pistol and fire on the shield. I’m able to proc the flame blast quite easily without using my 4, 5 skills. I also still get the swiftness effect once the battle is done.
I tested this to be sure, prior to writing this.

You (and the wiki, apparently) are right, I had botched my testing. I’ll edit my first answer.

I like this job. I like it !

in Engineer

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

This makes me excited. Please, please, please let my pistol’s “60% chance on critical to inflict bleeding” from superior sigil of earth apply to my grenades. ;-]

in Engineer

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Jon

This will be glorious.

YES!!!

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

My one question for Jon is this.

For those of us who use shield and pistol both with a sigil will using a kit favor the main hand or offhand or will both work?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

My one question for Jon is this.

For those of us who use shield and pistol both with a sigil will using a kit favor the main hand or offhand or will both work?

Sigils on your main-hand affect your offhand, and vice versa.

So, one can assume both.
Although, I would not be surprised if they decided to restrict it for balances’ sake.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Engineer

Posted by: Eremus.4506

Eremus.4506

Thanks Jon for this update and of course yay for the sigils and stats (in the future)! Now I really can’t wait for the next balance patch. FT2 would be my next suggestion for some little tweeks

Cheers!

in Engineer

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

Step 4 : Being able to dye kits.

in Engineer

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

Very good news!

Concerning his example with Flamethrower and Sigil of Air: isn´t there an internal cooldown on the lightning?

in Engineer

Posted by: Fnix.5608

Fnix.5608

Pink plasma flames from the flamethrower? Yes, please!

http://nox.no – Norse Oil eXpedition