Getting multitool after char creation ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Tacgnol.8079

Tacgnol.8079

Hello all,
well, the title sums it up ! I really regret that I did not select the multi-tool kit at my character creation (went for the monocle instead), and I am now looking for a way to recreate it. If it helps, I am a leatherworker / huntsman.

I read previously about a way to transfert the skin of the multitool kit (from another character) to another back item via a transmuting stone, but after trying, this does not seem to work anymore.

I really think this item adds to the engineer “indentity”, and would love to get it back.

Any advices are welcome !

Thanks,

Tacgnol

in Engineer

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

The transmute trick should still work, but you gotta realize that it only works if you transmute the back item to another unbound back item with low quality and low or no level requirement. I thin currently there are only two items that can be used to transfer a soulbound back skin to another character: One is the back item delivered with the Quaggan backpack (called Leather Strap), the other is the Wintersday back item (Toymaker’s Bag I think it was called). If you happen to have one of these items, put it in the bank with a transmute stone, make a new engineer, choose the multitool back item, pick up transmute stone and Toymaker’s Bag / Leather Strap and transmute the skin. It might say it’s soulbound but in fact it should be account bound so you can put it in the bank and pick it up with your engineer, then transmute it to a back item with good stats.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wuffles.5319

Wuffles.5319

Why on earth would you NOT choose the multi tool kit?!

lol jk,but really i wish I could actually use a shovel O.o whys there a shovel on that sheeze

(edited by Wuffles.5319)

in Engineer

Tacgnol.8079

@Wuffles: yeah I know, probably a moment of weakness… :-)

@Paradox: thanks so much for this process ! Luckily I kept this wintersday thingy. I will try it tonight when I get back at home, and will let known the results tomorrow.

By the way, I have never used a transmut stone before… Is there a special order to respect in order to have the tool kit skin going on the Wintersday item and not the other way around ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dano.2408

Dano.2408

no0b question: what is it that you additionaly get by choosing milti tool kit? Just on char toons or any other race too?
Thanks.

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

because things get soulbound upon transmute I am not sure you can transmute it over to another character anymore.

@Dano you get nothing for choosing the multitool pack except having a big multitool pack on your back. There is no extra skills or stats, the 3 choices are purely cosmetic.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dano.2408

Dano.2408

@CriSPeH thank you very much

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

There arent white backs afaik so you cant transmute it.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Paradox.5498

@Paradox: thanks so much for this process ! Luckily I kept this wintersday thingy. I will try it tonight when I get back at home, and will let known the results tomorrow.

By the way, I have never used a transmut stone before… Is there a special order to respect in order to have the tool kit skin going on the Wintersday item and not the other way around ?

Sorry, probably didn’t read your question in time so I hope you managed alright, but here’s the process:

Put both items in a bag, so unequip!
Open inventory screen, drag it to the side of the screen.
Double click a transmute stone to open the interface, drag the interface to the other side of the screen
From your inventory, drag the engineer’s backpack to one of the slots in the transmute UI
From your inventory, drag the white back item to the other slot in the transmute UI
Now you gotta select which item’s looks and which item’s stats you want, so you click the icon of the engineer’s backpack and the stats of the toymaker’s bag.
At the bottom of the UI you’ll see a button light up that indicates that the transmutation is good-to-go, press it to do the transmute.

The new item (with the name and looks of the engineer’s back item and the stats of the toymaker’s bag) might say it’s soulbound but it’s really not. You can put it in a bank slot, switch to the character where you want to use it and equip it.

There arent white backs afaik so you cant transmute it.

Yes there are at least two, as I posted in my previous post in this topic.

in Engineer

Tacgnol.8079

Ok guys, as announced, here are the results of my little transmuting session from yesterday:
- No problem to transmute the multi-tool kit skin on the winterdays bag in PVE worked like a charm.
- However, impossible to do the same with the PvP version of the wintersday bag. too bad ! :-(
- The method described by Paradox also works for the engineer “metal googles” in PVE, I tested it myself, you just have to buy a mask from a random seller in Lion’s arch.

@Dano: You get nothing except the Über look of epic Zexyness, which is already something…

@Paradox: thanks again for the help, was greatly appreciated ! No problem, I finally managed to understand myself how to use the stone, it was pretty simple in the end.

If I manage to, I will post a screenshot of my chaaracter.

See ya !

(edited by Tacgnol.8079)

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I think I’m gonna do this so I can have a set of each of the starter Engi goggles. I had such a hard time choosing at char creation.

And I’m gonna send some goggles to my Ranger too.
And my Thief.

Ooh! Necro eyes for my Mesmer!

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Paradox.5498

I think I’m gonna do this so I can have a set of each of the starter Engi goggles. I had such a hard time choosing at char creation.

And I’m gonna send some goggles to my Ranger too.
And my Thief.

Ooh! Necro eyes for my Mesmer!

Got the thief hoody on a ranger myself, and both goggle and backpack on my engineer. And as you say, necro eyes on my mesmer. Elementalist’s glowy “[element] eye” on necro or mesmer should work as well.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jarin Arenos.2736

Jarin Arenos.2736

Just a heads-up for people trying to do this, you can transmute onto purchased “back brace” type items as well, but the side of the transmute window that you drop the tool pack onto apparently matters. This seems to be a known, but low-priority, bug. I just recently successfully transmuted my pack onto a forest brace purchased on the TP, so I could finally have back stats and the upgrade slot, without losing my hobo pack.

So if it doesn’t work for you one way, try reversing which side the pack is on, and that may fix it.

in Engineer

Posted by: ZombieTech.2963

ZombieTech.2963

Just a heads-up for people trying to do this, you can transmute onto purchased “back brace” type items as well, but the side of the transmute window that you drop the tool pack onto apparently matters. This seems to be a known, but low-priority, bug. I just recently successfully transmuted my pack onto a forest brace purchased on the TP, so I could finally have back stats and the upgrade slot, without losing my hobo pack.

So if it doesn’t work for you one way, try reversing which side the pack is on, and that may fix it.

They might have fixed this. I just tried it with a forest brace (lowest I could find on TP was lvl55 green/masterwork)… it soulbound on both the left and then on the right side of the transmute window.

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

They might have fixed this. I just tried it with a forest brace (lowest I could find on TP was lvl55 green/masterwork)… it soulbound on both the left and then on the right side of the transmute window.

If you are trying to transfer from alt to main then you gotta give the alt the t.stone and a white backpiece. white backs are either the christmas backpacks or the ones from gem store that come when you purchase a quaggan backpack