Givers?

Givers?

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Anyone using Giver’s weapons in condition builds (especially explosion nade/bomb) ones?

I always thought the stats were otherwise weak (not being condition damage and precision based).

But an extra 20% to condition duration isn’t shabby. I also use runes of perplexity.

Not sure which does more giver’s or rabid.

Givers?

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I ran some givers weapon but in a rifle build for fun in wvw. A 4 second net shot and turret shot are pretty fun especially when they can’t do anything when they’re getting shot from behind but it wasn’t anything groundbreaking.

Givers?

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I haven’t checked in that much, but last I checked Givers weapons (P/P) was almost a standard for condi builds. The extra damage from rabid weapons is nill compared to getting an extra tick out of your conditions.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Givers?

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

givers is good if you’re aiming for 100% condi duration. if you do’nt have 100% condi duration with givers, don’t bother. you can reach 100% rather easily with 30% in traits, 20% with givers, 40% rare veggie pizza/koi cake, and 10% from toxic focusing crystal or nightmare runes. you lose a lot of condi damage using 2 giver weapons so battle + both corruption and bursting sigils are important

also don’t go p/p unless you have no burning in your kits. for example:
rocket boots, bomb kit, grenade kit, take p/s.
elixir s, tool kit, grenade kit, take p/p.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Givers?

in Engineer

Posted by: gothmog.7501

gothmog.7501

And as well as runes of perplexity, mix in a sigil of torment. Opens up a whole new class of condi damage that you can do… One that you’re less likely to get to 25 stacks on. And did I mention it’s AoE on crit?

Givers?

in Engineer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Givers are good and all but any competent player will use cleanses so condi damage > condi duration in that regard.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Givers?

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’d argue the opposite. Higher condition duration will force players to cleanse earlier, because all of your conditions stack up and linger, making the need to cleanse much more important. With their cleanses gone, your conditions will linger for their full duration, and do much more damage for it.

To compare, using rabid weapons only increases condi damage by 6.4 per bleed, and 32 per burn. But, if you use givers to push yourself toward 100% condi duration, you’ll do things like get an extra tick out of the pistol #1 (25% increase, or 100 damage), or an extra ticks out of incendiary powder (600 damage), or an extra two ticks out of fire bomb (1200+ damage). With our short durations, that extra condi duration can really add up.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Givers?

in Engineer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

I was usin 2x giver pistols long ago when I was thinking condi works in WvW. As I now play in T1, that is no longer the case. Good players have cleanses and reduce duration.

Oh and zergz have many of them “guardians”… so gl with that

Givers?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

If you are going to hit a 50% or 100% breakpoint then it can be a good idea to use Givers to get that point. Otherwise you should value damage above them. Your Burning ticks are the entire reason for that. There are other ways to run Condi builds, but I’ll admit I haven’t changed my build personally in a long time away from a 100% boosted duration build.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Givers?

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I was usin 2x giver pistols long ago when I was thinking condi works in WvW. As I now play in T1, that is no longer the case. Good players have cleanses and reduce duration.

Oh and zergz have many of them “guardians”… so gl with that

I have been on a tier 1 server forever, and I can tell you that it certainly does work, and it works well.

If your going into a battle and getting heart broken over someone cleansing your conditions, then I hate to see how it effects you as a non condition build when I can dodge and negate all of your damage so often, or my 3 second gear shield block every 16 seconds.

Condition duration is a great form of damage, and server tier is mostly irrelevant to that. If your suggesting they cleanse better and that this devalues condition duration, then I am suggesting that is a limited half truth. Because if your suggesting that they display more skill or awareness to cleanse properly, I would hope you would be aware that they would dodge and block direct damage properly too.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Givers?

in Engineer

Posted by: zaragoz.6351

zaragoz.6351

Condition damage > condi duration in 90% of situations. I’ve ran giver’s and I’ve ran dire or rabid. Dire or rabid work better against 90% of players simply because competent players are going to cleanse, and every patch has introduced more and more cleansing, and will continue to do so as long as players keep complaining about how overpowered conditions are, so you are better off getting in what damage you can as fast as you can before the cleanse happens, because in most cases its going to happen.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Zaragoz[SS] – 80 engineer

Givers?

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

ive run 100% condition duration and it was by all means good but i found it to be to slightly inefficient, my personal experience has alot of the time been kill fast or make sure you can easily disengage, right now ive decided to run huge condition burst over huge duration’s, although since im taking nades and im a condition build ive got pizza so my duration is already 70% so its not far from 100%, i think its especially more important now more then ever to be running bigger potential for short bursts of big damage over long lasting conditions simply due to the current meta, of course some classes dont fit with it to well, rangers in my experience are still a very easy target for a condition engineer, as well as other engineers but its more of a game of wits when it comes to engineer vs engineer due to our small condition removal outside of HGH, necros will just turn those long last conditions on your self, warriors oftenly stack condition reduction and have some great condition removal so since you arnt hitting as hard they will most likely just passive threw it, guardians are a 50/50 some have great bunkers while others slowly just melt away, thief’s will stealth away if you cant hit them hard enough or fast enough, mesmers are a bit different they do have little condition removal so the duration will play a big factor there but getting them befor they get you can be quite difficult, eles are also a bit different ive faced some really good eles that could just clear my conditions and heal up befor i could really stack up alot to get that big damage (which is one of the reasons i steped away from duration over damage)and it toke a while but i slowly got chipped down till death and majority of eles just die easy so that ill leave up to you to decide.

anyway i think the best way to decide if you want more duration is by simply testing it out, i had a field day when i did it but due to certain problems stepped away from it to take much more burst potential which inevitably worked out alot better then duration.

i personally run a stealth condition enginner with rifle so that stealth makes it easy to line up my burst and my opening spike gets me around 7 seconds of burning and between 15-20 stacks of bleed (ive gotten lucky and hit 25 befor)and does around 6-8k damage and after that i quickly focus on stacking cover conditions so it does work very effectivly over condition duration since i have all this sudden burst condition damage on them that cant be cleared to easily unless your packing some great condition removal.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Givers?

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

i disagree condition duration is pretty important in wvwvw because of food buffs. yes obviously people will run condition removal skills but the amount of conditions you can stack on as an engi is insane. plus condition cleansing skills have longer cooldowns than our skills.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis