Glue not good enough

Glue not good enough

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Glue Shot and Glue Bomb
1s immobilized on impact and 1s cripple every second.

Change it to:

• 1.5s immobilized on impact.
  • 1s immobilized when entering the glue.
  • Remove cripple for balance.

Glue not good enough

in Engineer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

its fine as it is and helps to land some of the skills. no change necessary

and the immob when entering could be too strong

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Glue not good enough

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

GW2 is not about control in the traditional MMORPG sense. It is about fighting game interrupts masking as control…

Glue not good enough

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Personally, I think the immobilize should apply once per pulse.

Elementalist can cast Arcane Brilliance, Arcane Blast, Arcane Wave, Arcane Shield, Final Shielding, Arcane Power and Arcane Retribution in any attunement then switch to earth, as long as they have the elemental surge trait, they all pulse immobilize. When a few eles with staves on the opposing team, in WvW for example, They can immobilize bomb the crud out of you.

GW2 is not about control in the traditional MMORPG sense. It is about fighting game interrupts masking as control…

I would say, given the value of chill, immobilize, cripple, knock backs, knock downs, blow outs, daze, stun, and limitless value of stun breakers, I would absolutely agree. GW2 is not about control in the traditional sense, because it is infinitely more focused on it, and it is much much more value in GW2 then any other MMO.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

Glue not good enough

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Shield is superior compare to 2nd pistol these days (actualy always was). Offhand pistol definetly handle some buffs

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Glue not good enough

in Engineer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Shield is superior compare to 2nd pistol these days (actualy always was). Offhand pistol definetly handle some buffs

This ^

Though the OP’s idea could make it a bit op.

Glue not good enough

in Engineer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Maybe off hand pistol would work better if they upped the direct damage of & range of Blowtorch.

As for glue shot, if they simply upped the duration of the immobilize to 2 seconds at hit & upped the cripple duration to 2 seconds per pulse then it would be fine.

(it would also be much better if they changed the trait “Sitting Duck” to trigger once every 10 seconds per enemy immobilized instead of just once every 10 seconds.)

Glue not good enough

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Blowtorch range and damage are perfectly fine. The only problem they have is the skill sometimes bugs out and doesn’t connect if your target simply strafes a bit. That’s sad. But a landed blowtorch is simply devastating.

Glue not good enough

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I was actually asking for them to make glue more useful like giving it the ability to increase the damage of burning or to give it a trait to make a tar zone similar to what’s seen in LOTRO with the LM class.

Alot of things like these could be used as zones which would improve combat and certain specs bringing this game out of the Zerker meta it’s stuck in.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Glue not good enough

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Looks like that Glue Trail, that spawns when you equip Elixir Gun with Kit Refinement, already immob when entering it.

Glue not good enough

in Engineer

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

you also gotta think about balance in both PvE and WvW/PvP. In PvE, I agree glue skills are basically useless (net skills are far better in the few situations where you need immob – tar boss in Arah). While I don’t do anything PvP related, I would think that having a large group of ppl with a longer lasting immob on them might be overpowered (sitting ducks to grenades or any of the elementalist AOEs). Sometimes I wish they would make a distinction between skills/traits in PvE and other situation.

Glue not good enough

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Glue Shot is really good! It’s an unblockable immobilize that sets up your next attack (usually Blowtorch!) When they buffed the projectile speed, they made it perfect!

Hope that helped! Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Glue not good enough

in Engineer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Glue Shot is really good! It’s an unblockable immobilize that sets up your next attack (usually Blowtorch!) When they buffed the projectile speed, they made it perfect!

Hope that helped! Wahoo! Bye frands!

i thought u did quit ? :o

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Glue not good enough

in Engineer

Posted by: FinalJustice.5824

FinalJustice.5824

The impact immobilize should be 1.5 sec, but I’m ok with it being a 1 sec cripple ‘field’ still. The impact should just be more pronounced/important imo.