Glue shot

Glue shot

in Engineer

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I normally run two pistols with my Engineer but I really see the glue shot as being totally ineffective. In PvE it doesn’t seem to do anything other than make a puddle that quickly vanishes. I wish they would fix it or replace it. Maybe with trick shot, long shot or even chaff decoy shot that confuses enemies making them chase streamers that burn out in a few seconds.

Glue shot

in Engineer

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

It has its uses… but it’s rather ineffective most of the time, yes. The immob should be longer, and the projectile speed a bit higher. Otherwise, I like it flavor-wise.

Glue shot

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Fully traited and with gear/utils its about 2sec immob.

make it apply immob on each pulse instead of just the first impact. (its a total of 4 pulses)

Glue shot

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Back when we had range increasing Traits it was quite alright as this trait boosted it’s range up to something like 1200. A 1200 range aoe immobilize + pulsing cripple, even with that projectile travel time, was not a bad skill to have.

Some might say that now we can get it to 2sec immobilize, but back in those days getting condition duration was much easier and also got it as a 2sec immobilize.

Glue shot

in Engineer

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

I mean glue shot isn’t horrible if you’re traited for condi duration. It gives an aoe immob and cripple of reasonable duration on a maybe-slightly-too-long cooldown. It’s just a decent utility skill. And honestly considering the power level of blowtorch we’re lucky that glue shot is as good as it is lol.

Glue shot

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Let it immobilize anyone entering the glue and no target limit. Might use it in wvw then.

Glue shot

in Engineer

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

Fully traited and with gear/utils its about 2sec immob.

make it apply immob on each pulse instead of just the first impact. (its a total of 4 pulses)

Don’t forget to give that love to Glue Bomb.

Glue shot

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

There are many things that would make this skill great, for instance pick one of those:

• as guildabd said: immobilize anyone who enters the glue and remove the target limit
  • increase the duration to a veeeery long time, like 10s, wich makes it a heavy zoning skill
  • increase the immobilize duration and remove the field, or pulse immobilize (probably op tough)
  • reduce it’s duration but also reduce the cd to a very low number like 5-10s

There are infinite possibilities and I agree it’s not the best skill we have but still – it’s decent and not garbage

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”