Good side

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

All I ever really find is things like this sucks, buff that, ect. Make it hard to decide on an range class to play with so much negative posts. So lets leave all that behind and post things that are GOOD about Engineers.

#ELEtism

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: Tacgnol.8079

Tacgnol.8079

We are good at math.

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

What kind of odd reasoning. Only post what is good?
What good does that do? How is that even remotely helpfull to the game or to the devs?

Games where the forums are dominated by the ‘good’ crowd, tend to give a false image to their developpers. It actually hurts their game, since it’s the major form of feedback that they have.

Of course having ONLY bad things or complaints is a false image too. But only the good…? As a common effort to keep out the bad?
Seriously: that is a terrible terrible way of handling feedback!

People should post what concerns them.
Not all ‘bad’ posts are bad. There are issues that need to be adressed. And there are discussions that are healthy to have.
It’s great if people disagree with me, but simply filtering beforehand is something I consider deadly for any intelligent discussion.

Many of the posts complaining about something specific, or mentioning what isn’t working right, are more helpfull than this topic for example…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

We are good at math.

love this answer

Good side

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

We are good at math.

love this answer

way better than mine… by a long shot

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

The Eng class is a lot of fun to play – that’s a pretty good start.

Good side

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

absolutely.
For me it’s all the gimmicky small things.
Kits being a bit different, turrets being mechanical oddballs, gadgets…

That’s why it does sadden me bit to see it’s mostly the ‘simple’ design builds that are doing best.
Neither 100nades or HGH condi burst I consider simple to ppull of, but I do consider them ‘simple in design and purpose’.
Not all that engineer gimmicky fun like.

If i’m critical about engineer design, it’s because I like the fun so much. I wouldn’t bother if it didn’t put a smile on my face playing them…

For me it’s the fun factor first. And engineer has the lead on that one!

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Good side of Engi?

90% of community underestimate us in WvW/sPvP/tPvP, and then BOOM! they are dead.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Good side of Engi?

90% of community underestimate us in WvW/sPvP/tPvP, and then BOOM! they are dead.

haha support this one 100%! not many know how to fight us or what to expect! love being the underdog and we’re fun!! also we can adapt to any situation just by changing 1 skills ( kit )!

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Engineers make good jokes:

An optimist sees the glass half full. A pessimist sees the glass half empty. An engineer sees a glass twice as big as it needs to be.

What is the difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers? Mechanical Engineers build weapons; Civil Engineers build targets.

How many engineers does it take to change a light bulb? No one knows, they never figured it out.

Normal people believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet.

How many Software Engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
None, thats a hardware issue.

An electrical engineer, mechanical engineer and software engineer are on their way to a trade show when their car stalls and they are forced to pull over to the side of the road. The mechnical engineer says, “it’s probably a mechanical problem. I’ll get my tool box out of the trunk and I can fix it.” The electrical engineer says, “no, I’ll bet it’s an electrical problem. I have my multimeter with me and I’ll go check it out.” Finally, the software engineer says, “Let’s close all the windows, then open them back up again, and everything will work.”

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

absolutely.
For me it’s all the gimmicky small things.
Kits being a bit different, turrets being mechanical oddballs, gadgets…

That’s why it does sadden me bit to see it’s mostly the ‘simple’ design builds that are doing best.
Neither 100nades or HGH condi burst I consider simple to ppull of, but I do consider them ‘simple in design and purpose’.
Not all that engineer gimmicky fun like.

I speculate that part of the gimmicky fun is that of control. That you can control the fight by proper application of the skills available.

A potential example from GW1 would be how a mesmer could damage a opponent not by direct DPS, but by applying skill combinations that would hurt the opponent no matter if they used a skill or not.

This kinds of combinations are painfully hard to balance in a competitive sense however, and so we have the kittenization of control that are pretty much interrupt/denial.

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

An optimist sees the glass half full. A pessimist sees the glass half empty. An engineer sees a glass twice as big as it needs to be.

Or someone put in quite a safety margin against spills

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

Good side of Engi?

Because no one knows what we’re good at or even supposed to do… which is another good thing. You never know what will happen next.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

No other class beats engineer in condition dmg and utility conditions – close to Op playing HGH Grenadier.

On the other hand engineer has nice burst combos and rifle can hit really hard for a range weapon.

Most negative posts are writen from ppl who don’t know to play or just play not long enougth: engineer has for sure the highest training curve in the hole game.

Anyway, engineer is also a really fast played class: if u like pressing buttons or if u like long skill combos, engineer is your choice!

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Lots of CC
Great variety in what we can do (though what we can do is sometimes not that good. I.E our melee damage potential).
High skill/apm class (not an easy class to master).
We can apply all conditions (we can’t stack high bleeds though and it is easy to counter the projectiles, slow moving/noticable)

Honestly, engineer is a tough class. If you’re looking for a ranged damage dealer I’d say try other classes first before investing in an engineer. We may have ranged weapons, but you’ll find yourself in peoples faces most of the time, on top of low kiting mechanics.

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Versatility. I don’t believe this is at a cost of being “jack of all trades master of none” either. As Forestnator said we’re dominant at condition spamming, even if you don’t go the flavor of the month HGH build.

It’s great going into a fight and being able to react to anything. Tool Kit alone allows you to pull someone to you, cripple them and kite them, confuse them if they’re trying to spike you, or block any big hits coming your way. We have great survivability, CC, and even condition removal if specced for it all while pumping out some of the best condition damage in the game.

Reflects vs ranged, condition clear vs condition spammers, blocks/invulnerable vs spikers, CC for anything else is all relatively easy to put in 1 build and still focus on whatever else you want. I don’t know if other professions can do that.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: Devinchi.2756

Devinchi.2756

Good side of Engi?

haha support this one 100%! not many know how to fight us or what to expect! love being the underdog and we’re fun!! also we can adapt to any situation just by changing 1 skills ( kit )!

This is absolutely true. As a big WvW player, I can tell you that nobody expects engineers to be able to apply 10 stacks of confusion in two attacks, outburst thieves with a static discharge, or be nigh impossible to bring down in a fair fight. I’ve made friends on both mine and opponents servers because they’ll ask how I’m able to pull off some of the stuff that I do. We may have our flaws, but only the very skilled few now what those weaknesses are.

I also feel like we have more to experiment with in terms of possible builds. I have 3 different sets of armor and about 5 different builds that I like to swap between, and I’m still determined to find the next cool thing for the engi. In fact, the trait trainer has probably taken more of my gold than the armor repairs!

Heavy Charrtillery – lvl 80 Engineer
Sorrow’s Furnace

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: Devinchi.2756

Devinchi.2756

Engineers make good jokes:

What is the difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers? Mechanical Engineers build weapons; Civil Engineers build targets.

How many engineers does it take to change a light bulb? No one knows, they never figured it out.

Normal people believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet.

How many Software Engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
None, thats a hardware issue.

An electrical engineer, mechanical engineer and software engineer are on their way to a trade show when their car stalls and they are forced to pull over to the side of the road. The mechnical engineer says, “it’s probably a mechanical problem. I’ll get my tool box out of the trunk and I can fix it.” The electrical engineer says, “no, I’ll bet it’s an electrical problem. I have my multimeter with me and I’ll go check it out.” Finally, the software engineer says, “Let’s close all the windows, then open them back up again, and everything will work.”

Considering i’m studying mechanical engineering, I appreciate these jokes very much!

Heavy Charrtillery – lvl 80 Engineer
Sorrow’s Furnace

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Most fun class, matched only by ele if you like magic

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Good side

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I don’t need to know how good my liver is while my heart is failing me.

The complaints serve a function: it is the attempt by the players to let everyone know what the issues are in hopes that they will be fixed. As for the good things an engineer does, I’ve already posted that up in these forums, like, 2 or 3 times. Just search function to find it.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.