Grenade Barrage

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

Was grenade barrage nerfed or just the “Grenade” skill in the grenade kit?

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: Zero Angel.9715

Zero Angel.9715

Just grenade skill 1 to my knowledge.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

someone else noticed it? hopefully we’re both wrong.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: Travail.7390

Travail.7390

I can’t say for sure whether it was nerfed or not. I can’t get it to hit for the same amount as it did before. In sPvP, it was critting for 11k total damage, now it’s 7k max. Using the same gear and spec to test with.

Not sure what’s up. Lots of people say there’s no nerf to this skill, so I’m at a loss to explain my own results after the patch.

-Travail.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: Sephollos.4829

Sephollos.4829

As I understand it, all skills from all kits were nerfed to varying degrees to compensate for the addition of sigils. Grenade skill 1 was just the one that was nerfed the most so it is why it was highlighted in the patch notes.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

As I understand it, all skills from all kits were nerfed to varying degrees to compensate for the addition of sigils. Grenade skill 1 was just the one that was nerfed the most so it is why it was highlighted in the patch notes.

I have not noted any other nerfs to any other kits.
If you have documented something, please state it.

PS, EG was a bug fix.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

There were always some grenades missing from grenade barrage as long as your target is not directly in the middle of the green circle, easy to test on the golems in the mist (not sure though if that´s what makes you see less damage on it, I didn´t do spvp with it for a while).

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Casia.4281

Hrm. I am getting new numbers.
When I originally did the testing. I could have sworn, the damage was not based on your equipped weapon. only the stats it applied.
Barrage would hit the same with pistols or rifle.

if that was true or now then, it is NOT true now.

Barrage seems to be .5 per grenade scaling off your equipped weapon.

How this relates is unfortunately unreliable, as we can’t go back and doublecheck old figures.
But again, currently it is .5 per grenade, scaling with equipped weapon. rifles will hit harder then pistols.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I saw someone else metioning that toolbelt skills now have weapon scaling. So perhaps you’re right.

EU Aurora Glade

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: Charles.9480

Charles.9480

The grenade barrage has definitely had its damage decreased, it seems like around 20%. The tooltip for it per grenade has a number that is lower than grenade #1 used to be.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Casia.4281

The tooltip is not accurate.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Toolbelt skills always ran off your currently equipped weapon. It’s why you’re supposed to swap to your actual weapon (rifle in my case) for the extra critical damage, precision, and power, not to mention an overall higher base damage. It usually ends up being 40% or so more damage than if you use it with a kit out. The same would be true in sPvP since (albeit not by 40%) simply because the weapon has higher base stats than the kit does.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

^Yes.

Toolbelt skills along with all other non-kit skills have always ran off your weapon.
This was noticed very early because the damage you would do with Grenade barrage was less when you had your Grenade kit out.
This is just another flaw the kits inherited from actually being bundles.
The kit toolbelt skills don’t have it because they are separate from the kits.

So it is always better to try and use your Toolbelt Skills while you have your weapon(s) out.

Hopefully this will get fixed in the future.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

That’s what I read as well, but every time i mention it ten people come on here and say that it’s my imagination. I know what I read.

It was nerfed most likely. The thing is they needed to leave the toolbelt alone.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: Moonrabbit.1543

Moonrabbit.1543

So, was Casia or anyone else able to discern whether or not GB was stealth nerfed?

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Casia.4281

no, because I do not trust my old numbers. I don’t know.
I think its just peoples imagination, but I can not prove it.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

CriSPeH.8512

It makes no sense that they would nerf GB because as I understood it all ToolBelt skills are separate from kits. Every non-kit utility skill also gives you a TB skill so for the “kit” TB to somehow also be labeled as “bundle skills” doesnt make any sense.

So there technically would be no reason to nerf the GB skill since it has always been working with weapon damage/stats and sigils. TB skills are not connected to kits in anyway and are really more like mini-utility skills.

It is more likely that the numbers ppl remember were from using a Rifle and now they are using Pistols, since now pistols are more popular for our narrowing viable builds.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: Khrimace.6298

Khrimace.6298

I copy and pasted the Nerf from Nov. 14. It was nerfed in PvP.

•Grenades •The projectile speed of all grenades has been increased by 10-15%.
•Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only.
•Shrapnel Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 15% in PvP only.
•Freeze Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only.
•Grenade Barrage: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only. It also now works correctly with the Explosives trait Grenadier while underwater.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Casia.4281

I copy and pasted the Nerf from Nov. 14. It was nerfed in PvP.

•Grenades •The projectile speed of all grenades has been increased by 10-15%.
•Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only.
•Shrapnel Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 15% in PvP only.
•Freeze Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only.
•Grenade Barrage: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only. It also now works correctly with the Explosives trait Grenadier while underwater.

That I can confirm. did not change. That note was false.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

CriSPeH.8512

Dec. 14 patch notes:
•Grenade kit damage is now equal in PvP and PvE.

So does that mean they increased PvP to PvE or decreased PvE to PvP?

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Just butting in here, but patch notes have never been safe to judge their true intentions and changes, let alone judge our numbers off of(same for tool-tips), but I shall point out the key wording in notes also anyways…

“Grenade” skill now does 30% less damage to balance against using sigils.

-States “Grenade” skill only, but if they were nerfed it may be that “Grenade” skill grenades and the GB grenades were both considered…. lets say vanilla/plain grenades, and therefore both nerfed.

Grenade kit damage is now equal in PvP and PvE

-Which means that it is possible that PvE grenades could of been brought down to SPvP or vice versa.
-But also lets seperate Grenade Kit and Grenade Barrage from eachother, since GB is a Toolbelt skill, not a GK skill. Which means its possible that they were not related, and not nerfed.

Sadly I cannot confirm anything either, but if it has been nerfed, I am fine with it for it does a good amount of damage+not directly a Gkit skill yet is affected by traits, which is more attention than elixers get.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

Casia.4281

Dec. 14 patch notes:

Increased.

The early linked post, you see they stated they reduced the damage of g1, g2,g4 and barrage in spvp.
g1 was .5
g2 was .55
g4 was .5

that was changed to .45 for all in spvp., while pve stayed .5, .55, and .5.

The recent patch, buffed g2 and g5 back to .55 and .5 respectively.
While g1 was nerfed to .33.

As noted. .45 to .33 is 27% reduction.
While .5 to .33 is 34% reduction.

Grenade Barrage

in Engineer

CriSPeH.8512

Dec. 14 patch notes:

Increased.

The early linked post, you see they stated they reduced the damage of g1, g2,g4 and barrage in spvp.
g1 was .5
g2 was .55
g4 was .5

that was changed to .45 for all in spvp., while pve stayed .5, .55, and .5.

The recent patch, buffed g2 and g5 back to .55 and .5 respectively.
While g1 was nerfed to .33.

As noted. .45 to .33 is 27% reduction.
While .5 to .33 is 34% reduction.

Ah I see. Thank you I was throughly confused.