Grenade flight time

Grenade flight time

in Engineer

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Why are grenades soooooooo slow? Try throwing them out at max range when you are running in a zerg and watch them explode at your feet- anyone with a speed buff can pretty much outrun them.

Halving the time it takes for them to travel to max range would be a much loved improvement.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Grenade flight time

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

It adds to the range dynamic. They have massive range but are inaccurate at anything but close/medium range. It’s one of the things that makes engineers a “medium-range” profession, others being cc/kiting abilities. Honestly, I’m very glad nades are more interesting than just ranged nuking.

Grenade flight time

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Why are grenades soooooooo slow? Try throwing them out at max range when you are running in a zerg and watch them explode at your feet- anyone with a speed buff can pretty much outrun them.

Halving the time it takes for them to travel to max range would be a much loved improvement.

You have to predict where they will be.. ie, if people are in combat movement speed, you have to know how far ahead to throw them. This means you can only hit people running in a straight trajectory, but that’s the normally not difficult to find.

If you line up your grenade at the feet of the target, you’re doing it wrong. Only do this if you have an immobilize, supply crate stun, or knockdown. Of course be on the watch for your allies’ disables, it’s basically free grenade hits.

If you’re used to Necro marks it’ll take a while. If constantly recalculating the flight time vs. movement speed is not fun for you, then it’s probably best to look at other options.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Grenade flight time

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

They were considerably slower at launch. Just saying!

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Grenade flight time

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

They were considerably slower at launch. Just saying!

15% slower if I remember correctly.

Tbh, I think it should be slightly faster. I wouldn’t go faster than a 10% buff, though. I say this because at long range I have to calculate where the enemy will be up to 900 range from where they currently are. That’s a huge amount of guesswork. It’s rather unfriendly to new Engineers. The hatred for Grenades is almost common for every starting Engineer. It’s like the taste of alcohol. Who wasn’t completely grossed out by their first beer?

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Grenade flight time

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

I’m a bit nuts but I loved my first beer, grenades on the other had took some time. Heck I still like my trusty SD build but in WvW I find myself playing nades a lot.

Grenade flight time

in Engineer

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

long time ago at the start of gw2 launch grenades was 33% slower till they buffed the speed

for moving targets in PVE aim ahead of them adjusting to grenade speed / npc movement

for wvw its fine for zerg fights / clearing walls and for 1v1 use your rifle to net them get right ontop of ppl and barrage / freeze them and just control them and hug them.

try to fight ppl 1v1 at ranged with grenades they will dance about avoiding grenades

also don’t forget guys barrage and poison grenade now has red circles for enemys so they can see it coming :S

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Grenade flight time

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

They also dealt more damage back then, though.

Grenade flight time

in Engineer

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

they did yes but was 33% slower

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Grenade flight time

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

I feel like they are perhaps too slow, but latency is the problem.

At ~300+ ms it takes near 1 second to cast them, then up to 2 additional seconds before they land.

It is extremely hard to use grenades effectively if you’re lagging or don’t live close to the servers.

ANet can’t really do anything about that, and it’s not their fault. It just sucks.

It would be nice if the Flamethrower was brought up to be a legitimate alternative, though.

Grenade flight time

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Being slow wasnt problem because for example poison grenade had surprise factory in it. (no aoe damage red sign) Youl could throw them in to enemy zerg waterfields and enemies tried to heal themselves as poisoned. Now the fly time is like 3 seconds and only a kitten or afk player stay in there. GG anet

Grenade flight time

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardis.3297

Kardis.3297

I agree, they either need to be faster, or not throw up a red aoe circle until they are near the dmg area.
OR a 3rd option.
I think.. that a faster flight time and a lag on landing would be more appropriate. They would fly extremely quick to target, land and toss up a red aoe sign, then explode. requiring a dodge. If they could do the 3rd option with no increase in timing to damage then it would be a good change.
I can’t stand being on walls of a tower, tossing nades down on people to just see them walk around them. Even other aoe classes that have similar timing/function (see ele casts) while they toss up red aoe’s, they are FAR FAR larger. Having such a small aoe area, that telegraphs itself, it doesn’t even require dodging.
Other can argue all they like, our pistol and rifle are horrid on Direct damage, with a little splash damage.
Ele fire skill #1 on staff has about the same flight time. and causes splash damage. If the smaller nade skills like 1(small) 5(larger aoe zone) were split into auto/aoe that might be ok, but i think some might get mad about that. I still think that the aoe telegraph needs delayed, it not exactly a spell. They shouldn’t know unless they see it coming, just like fire ele 1. then bam! or a ‘oh crap dodge’ feeling. With Aoe’s the size of lava font, I just don’t see why the cast time is so long by comparison on the smaller nade skills.
They should make a grenade launcher instead lol. put it in our traits or something, so we can swap out to auto fired versions (tools, like ground targetted turret tossing)

Grenade flight time

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardis.3297

Kardis.3297

Its not the worst weapon in our kits. I think the wrench is pretty friggin wasted space. Bombs aren’t what they used to be. Elixir gun(especially with 409 formula not applying to those elixirs) all this talk of support/heal builds getting attention makes me laugh.

(edited by Kardis.3297)

Grenade flight time

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

Its not the worst weapon in our kits. I think the wrench is pretty friggin wasted space. Bombs aren’t what they used to be. Elixir gun(especially with 409 formula not applying to those elixirs) all this talk of support/heal builds getting attention makes me laugh.

Wot?

Toolkit is amazing in WvW/PvP, and holds it’s own as a secondary kit utility in PvE. Bombs are better than ever with the radius increases, and minor buffs to Elixir Infused Bombs. I have always agreed that Elixir Gun should have some kind of support synergy with Elixir traits, but it’s technically not underpowered in it’s current state.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh