Grenade skill #1 needs hard target

in Engineer

Posted by: Monstein.5716

Monstein.5716

I’d love for a meter count on the mouse cursor so when I have fast cast on I know if the game thinks I am in range or not. Nothingkitten #8217; me off more then trying to find a spot the game thinks I am in range to throw my grenades and I end up closer then a warrior with a longbow.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vivisector.5680

Vivisector.5680

I think the problem is Grenades are not immediate attacks, the Grenades have a second or 2 of travel time before they explode. Alot of the time you have to calculate where your enemy will be and not where they are at the current second. If you made them auto-throw where your enemy was when you pressed the button, they would easiy be avoided by constantly moving. Then you would have 5X the complaints here because your grenade can’t hit the broad side the a barn any more because your targets keep moving.

If your thinking the grenades should lock on target and automatically hit whatever they are thrown at, it would be so OP, they would have to nerf it by making the grenades spit out marshmellows and not actually blow up.

Knights of Beowulf (Sorrow’s Furnace)
http://knightsofbeowulf.com

in Engineer

Posted by: Effusion.4831

Effusion.4831

I find the combination of no autoattack and ground targeting to make the kit extremely tedious, which is a shame since it is far and away the strongest damage option once you get the grenadier trait. If grenade #1 was a ground targeted autoattack (press once to start throwing grenades and again to stop) it would go a long way to making the kit more fun for me.
This is, however, secondary to making the other kits and weapons competitive in dps, making turrets viable, etc.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

At first I was completely against this.

But I’ve had a change of heart after doing some doing dungeon speed runs runs a few nights ago. I had to stop playing after a few hours due to having huge pain in my hand from endlessly spamming the 1 key.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

in Engineer

Posted by: Akeif.7491

Akeif.7491

This can’t work in non PvE scenarios. There’s a delay between the attack and the explosion. If you want to hit a target you need to aim in the direction it’s running not directly on the target.
There’s not way this can work.
It work underwater because the explosion happen in 3D in a sphere not a circle.

in Engineer

Posted by: Monstein.5716

Monstein.5716

After reading one of the post about just hitting 1 two times to throw the grenade I gave it a try. Works like a charm for a range check because I am already spamming the key. On top of that it puts the green target area on my screen when I am mouse moving.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zeropride.2984

Zeropride.2984

I made a engi, unlocked the grenade kit, messed around with it for a bit, then deleted the character. lol.

I still want to make another one but if kits are like that i probably wont.

in Engineer

Posted by: Brynnmawr.1695

Brynnmawr.1695

Im not 100% sure, but dont grenades and anything else throw also have LoS targeting built so even if if the mob/player you are targeting moves don’t they still get hit if they try to walk through the thrown item?

in Engineer

Posted by: Lawbringer.1956

Lawbringer.1956

no on the targeting, because that is what your rifle or pistol is for

however i think the flight time needs to be buffed on grenades because they are almost impossible to land at 1500 range, having a ranged weapon that never hits anything at all when using it at max range is kind of pointless, also they need to use weapon stats or else you mineaswell remove legendary weapons from engineers who stay in kits

in Engineer

Posted by: Potato.4736

Potato.4736

I only have 2 problems with grenades and neither of them are the fact that it’s ground targeted or no auto attack.

1) I hate how I’m forced to only strafe right when using grenades since I have to take my finger off my movement keys to press 1. I only have a few buttons on my mouse and I’ve bound them to the utility skills which is very comfortable for all classes. If we can bind mouse1 to attack 1 I think it would handle much better.

2) They travel in a curve but you need direct LOS to throw them. This is more apparent when defending in WvW. I have a weapon that allows me to do damage without direct LOS but to use them I have to expose myself :/

in Engineer

Posted by: Shania.5293

Shania.5293

I love the grenade kit for so many reasons but spamming 1 all the time feels like it’s risking damage to my hands. I agree with the posts saying that it being out of balance with the other weapons is part of the problem, but I would still like to be able to use it without physically injuring myself.