Grenades kit bug/control

Grenades kit bug/control

in Engineer

Posted by: jniel.3581

jniel.3581

Please fix the bug that forces you to switch out of grenades if you have them on more than X time. No other weapon or kit I have tested in the game across numerous professions does this. You ready them and as you run along suddenly, for no apparent reason even in the middle of a fight, poof you are using your regular weapons. No I am not hitting the button accidentally. Anyone that has just stood there with grenades on for more than this phantom X time knows they switch out. Its been there forever and it makes absolutely no sense.

I dont think this one is asking much. Its not like Im asking for skills to be useful such as Turrets or to stop nerfing us to the point people dont even want us along for dungeon runs. That would be over the top.

I know this will never happen but Id sure like to see grenades be thrown at your current target and if you have none then ground target. One place this is a massive issue is on anything that elevates itself above the ground. For instance, world events such as the Shadow Behemoth. You literally can not use grenades for a good part of any of these fights because you can not throw them up. The other issue is they are quite literally physically painful to use for any length of time because of how you have to manage the targeting and movement.

Grenades kit bug/control

in Engineer

Posted by: Tsarbomba.9180

Tsarbomba.9180

Lol, I though only I was noticing this. I’d be tossing nades like crazy, then all I see is these small numbers start ticking, and I look, little pistol is in my hand, like what?…lol

Grenades kit bug/control

in Engineer

Posted by: jniel.3581

jniel.3581

Yah if people question this its very simple. Ready grenade kit. Stand there. It might take 20 minutes but eventually they will inexplicably disarm and switch back to you normal weapons. It might be a fixed time but Ive never had the patience to sit here with a timer watching. Bombs dont do it. FT doesnt do it. EG doesnt do it. Wrench doesnt do it. My warrior, mesmer, ele, necro,ranger or guardian never do it with their weapon swaps.

Grenades kit bug/control

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Yeah thought it was my computer gear at first but this has been going on a long time now. Something needs to happen with it.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Grenades kit bug/control

in Engineer

Posted by: polarity.8906

polarity.8906

This is just the most infuriating part of a larger problem; the engineer profession is the only one with a default weapon selection, that is switched to without any input from the player.

As well as happening completely at random when using grenades, it also happens regardless of what kit you were using previously, every time you’re downed, as well as whenever Elixir S is used (or goes off if you have the Alchemy IV trait).

Players of other professions would be pretty annoyed if they were regularly switched back to whatever weapons they had in slot 1 (or fire attunement for elementalists).

I have a grenade build. Grenades are my main weapon. I do not want to constantly have to switch back to them because the game decides by itself to switch to something different.

-

Regarding targets like the shadow behemoth; breeze riders, harpies and griffons do not touch the ground either (and the targeting circle under verteran karkas is on the ground between their legs), yet I can throw my grenades at the ground underneath them and do the same damage as I do to enemies that are on the ground in the targeting circle.

-

Aiming I don’t have a problem with, but that’s probably because I played a hunter in WoW BGs for so long, and can side strafe circles around things, while using the mouse to simultaneously control the camera, pick targets, and fire off ground targeted abilities (I do miss the tab targeting that was limited to a 60 degree frontal cone though. GW2’s tab targeting is so bad it’s almost useless, thanks to how random it is).

What is a huge problem though is the chronic visibility of the mouse cursor any time a lot of abilities start going off. That makes grenade builds (or builds for any profession that has a lot of ground targeted abilities) a poor choice for any kind of group content, which is kind of stupid considering the AoE is good for the larger numbers of mobs you get in group content.

(edited by polarity.8906)

Grenades kit bug/control

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

OMG yes! A fix to cursor visibility would be awesome!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Grenades kit bug/control

in Engineer

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

20 minutes? I hope I don’t sound callous but do you mean to say you stay on that kit without switching at all for 20 minutes? Or does it happen after shorter time sometimes?

Not that that excuses this bug; I’m just surprised you’d stay in the kit for 20 minutes straight, not even switching for a second for swiftness etc.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Grenades kit bug/control

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

20 minutes? I hope I don’t sound callous but do you mean to say you stay on that kit without switching at all for 20 minutes? Or does it happen after shorter time sometimes?

Not that that excuses this bug; I’m just surprised you’d stay in the kit for 20 minutes straight, not even switching for a second for swiftness etc.

It happens to me while farming armored scales under water (ty free 200% mf increase). 20mins sounds about right. I have little to no reason to swap out of nades underwater while doing this.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Grenades kit bug/control

in Engineer

Posted by: Ravak.8912

Ravak.8912

One place this is a massive issue is on anything that elevates itself above the ground. For instance, world events such as the Shadow Behemoth. You literally can not use grenades for a good part of any of these fights because you can not throw them up.

I use my grenades for the whole Shadow Behemoth event – just target the main pillar (where he’s connected to the ground). You can even keep on hitting him while portals spawn (and target disappear).

Grenades kit bug/control

in Engineer

Posted by: polarity.8906

polarity.8906

If it is around 20 minutes then the timer for that isn’t since you switched to grenades.

My build uses Sigil of Battle, Runes of Altruism, and the Enhance Performance and Speedy Kits traits, so during combat I rarely remain in the grenade kit for more than 10 seconds before switching to Med kit and back.

I use Shrapnel Grenade’s 5 second cooldown as a guide for how often I should be switching kits to keep my might stacks and swiftness up, but I can be spamming skill 1, waiting for that cooldown, when out of the blue all but one of the damage numbers disappear, and the familiar sound of pistols starts up.

Grenades kit bug/control

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Yeah i noticed that bug too.

The cursor goes poof while aiming especially in large crowds. The kit dumps itself after a long time of use. It’s weird. Fix plz.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Grenades kit bug/control

in Engineer

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Yeah i noticed that bug too.

The cursor goes poof while aiming especially in large crowds. The kit dumps itself after a long time of use. It’s weird. Fix plz.

are you holding RMB?

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Grenades kit bug/control

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

One thing to keep in mind about kits are that in game they are treated as bundles, that is the same way as banners or those environmental weapons that you can pick up (planks, rocks, that stuff).

As for grenade targeting, sure wish that targeting the portrait would target the ground under the mob. Right now it either sends the skill into the mists (out of range) even when standing on top of him, or right underneath my characters feet.