Grieving Set for Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So during WoodenPotato 3 hour livestream he showed one of the new Gear Stat set for the 2nd expansion being Grieving Set.

Grieving has High Power and Condition Damage with Medium Precision and Ferocity .

How do you think this may be used in upcoming Engineer Builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

it might replace zerk, but id wait for other sets to show up before ditching viper.

plus we gotta math it out since engi has a few skills that are high priority for both power and condi.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

it might replace zerk, but id wait for other sets to show up before ditching viper.

plus we gotta math it out since engi has a few skills that are high priority for both power and condi.

Certainly going to have some fun with Grieving Set for once the Open beta happens next weekend.

Using this set may have Sword/Pistol combo for the Holosmith quite useful and it may go well with Holosmith due to how certain skills is a mix of condition and power damage.

May even open up more build options involving kits for Core and Scrapper as well due to Kit’s nature being a mix of Power and condition skills as well.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Engineer

Posted by: Skuzz.6580

Skuzz.6580

Small uptime now that the Grieving set is on gw2skills:
Viper vs Grieving comes down to 42.2% condi duration vs 42.2% crit damage (calculated on a full set of ascended).
Now I don’t play Engineer mind you, I play a ranger, but on ranger basically everything that applies conditions also deals power damage, so just because of that I think grieving might be the next best set for power/condi (a.k.a. hybrid) builds.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Condi builds are all about duration until you hit the cap. I doubt Grieving will displace Viper.

Yes Viper is a “hybrid” prefix and Engi has power skills in Condi build, but the vast majority of damage is from condis. We’re talking like a 5:1 ratio.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Dragisnaj.2053

Dragisnaj.2053

maybe a combination could be good? Viper Trinkets + griever?