Engineer Build Compilation - All Modes

in Engineer

Posted by: Mord.9237

Mord.9237

Hey everyone, I’ve recently returned to the game after a fairly long hiatus, and as usual, I’m going to stick with my engineer through thick and thin! I have no reputation, nor valor, I don’t stream, or play in T1 currently. I just thoroughly enjoy the engineer class as a whole, and I’m an avid theorycrafter for WvW.

The engineer community has always been a helpful and driven bunch, after all, our numbers are thin and engi receives a lot of ridicule, we need to band together! As such, I’d like to open this post up to build posting and theory crafting to find our “meta” niches and provide as much as we can to our group, be it in WvW, PvE, SPvP, Roaming, and Other. Power, Condi, or Hybrid. I’ve spent countless hours looking through Metabattle.com, sifting through privately hosted world forums that have attempted to theorycraft after the changes, YouTube videos that post their builds, etc etc. It’s a very VERY small list, and obviously Metabattle.com doesn’t consider engi Meta or Good in WvW, so we don’t even really make it on their list!

As I stated above, my findings on builds post June 23rd are very limited and depressing, we were one of the biggest changed classes and are still having trouble finding our niche, especially after the mortar nerf, the grenadier bug, the countless issues we’ve had. I feel that engineers are in a fairly good place right now and the lack of available builds posted for the community hurts my soul. We’re the jack of all trades class, there’s always something we’re viable at, and at times we can do it all! This is an attempt to fix that and give engis a place to locate more up to date builds with a lot more selection! I will update this post every day with builds that look solid, and organize them into the categories listed above from there.

-Please provide a link to your build for direct copy pasta for my list and for our engi comrades. Please use gw2skills(make sure its the english version!) or intothemists(handy for guides). A brief explanation (or guide if you’re feeling frisky) would be appreciated so we know the intent of the build and where you, the build architect feels it plays the best(full credit will be given to the build/guide’s creator).

-I’d like to keep this fairly min/max driven so be sure you’ve put some thought into your builds and actually experimented with it to be able to defend your build from the inevitable criticism it will receive from me or the community and be willing to take the criticism and possibly try proposed changes and get back to us with the test results, I want to maintain a community discussion, not be an igniter for flames.

Condi
Rabid Grenadier - Thaddeus
“Commander Engi” - coglin

Power
Glassy Backline Mortar - Ovalkvadratcylinder
Versatile Backline/Frontline - ArchonWing

Organized by Amulet

Soldier
Mortar/Rifle - Thaddeus
Elixir X/Rifle Variant - Thaddeus

Marauder
HGH Tools Rifle - Thaddeus
HGH Inventions Rifle - SuicideFall
FT/HGH Powerhouse - runeblade

Rabid
Flamethrower - Thaddeus
Double Kit - Thaddeus
Flamethrower/Flame Turret Burn - addar

Carrion
FT/EG Mightstacking - Ceimash
Double Pistol Burn Burst - Zethyrius

Celestial
3 Kit Rifle - NineLives
Elixir Juggernaut - NineLives
Elixir Rifle - Zethyrius

Rampager
Hybrid Static Discharge/Burn on Crit - IgnisVulpesXI

Power
Grenadier - Thaddeus

Condi
Grenadier - Thaddeus/Knox/insanemaniac
Sinister Triple Kit - SirPrizeBartSachs

Cele Gear
All Rounder - santenal

Condi
Dire/Rabid Elixir Burn Roamer - MattyP
HGH EG Burn - Epoch
High Burn Stack + Video - Chorazin

“Do or do not, there is no try.”
Engi Build Compilation

(edited by Mord.9237)

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Finding builds could be made easier by cleaning up all the pre 23/6/2015 posts in the sticky thread “Post Your Build Thread”. Most people just make a new thread to show their builds but they all get bumped off of the first forum page to eventually be forgotten.

in Engineer

Mord.9237

Exactly! This is my own personal and probably more relentless effort to compile an updated list (compared to Anets 3 year old, never maintained sticky). To have them all in one place and readily available rather than buried on the forums.

Edit: DEFINITELY more relentless effort lmao.

Engi Build Compilation

in Engineer

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Engineer

Mord.9237

Updated, thank Thaddeus, I’ll update and split each game type by condi and power and celestial if that’s still a thing once I’m home, aesthetics are difficult to accomplish on my phone while at work lul.

Engi Build Compilation

in Engineer

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I like the idea of a build compilation here on the forums.
I’ll check back later if I get something that’s not on the list.

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

A few small tweaks to the condi grenade build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhSsYfWwWLQ7FLpFFYJuiHw3GGANw4POklBA-TBiHAB7q8j2HAQQ7HUregcV/p3FEA4EAAlSwAAIAzsMDgxLexLexLeGv4Fv4Fv4JFwiKrA-e

You will want Short Fuse for the Fire Bomb cooldown, and the anti-toxin rune should add more damage than the orb, but only by a tiny bit.

in Engineer

santenal.1054

Well since you seem serious about maintaining this thread i’d like to nominate my cele WVW flamethrower build for the roaming section.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhatYJXwdLQ+FLsFF4IuBBgYHVFPxYbMGfBA-TFyHABKfBAmTJYiq/0x+DLp8zLNEupDAgHAQAgDgf/NA88zP/8zP3v/+8vP/bpAgZZE-w

It’s just a good all round build, strong in 1v1, brings alot of utilities for small group fights, has no trouble against almost all powerbuilds. Condi cheese builds are the hardest to fight but you still have a good chance against them. Direct damage is heavy rotation based (takes a while to get used to). (the burning damage is higher ingame then what the calculator says: incendiary powder +3800, napalm +1500 per tick, flamejet +1200)

the flame legion rune can be switched for traveler rune. if you are content with 125% movement speed you can then replace “streamlined kits” with “lock on”. the stats that you lose get compensated by increased boon duration (regen, might, vigor).

mango pie (90 health regen/sec) is also a verry good cheap food.

this is what i run: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhatYJXwdLQ+FLsFF4IuBBgYHVFPxYbsjfBA-TFyHABKfBAOb/h5UCmo6PLp8zLNEupDAgHAQAgDgf/NA88zP/8zP3v/+8vP/bpAMTZE-w

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Engineer

Thaddeus.4891

in Engineer

Mord.9237

I’ll be home in another hour for these updates, and can’t wait to have a look at them all more in depth, thanks for the input so far everyone, it’s starting to take off within the first few hours, I look forward to maintaining this as an access point for new and even veteran engis looking for a new build or something more “meta”

Engi Build Compilation

in Engineer

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

This is something that I am playing around in for Silverwastes and WvWvW roaming. It’s an HGH Condi-Burst build centering around the flamethrower.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalcThatY5Vw+KQ+FL3FFYDGhBQ4EGQZm4B9D5AA-T1hAABXcCAgZ/hwU+loegTV/BgHAAbKBDAgAMzyMAAA-w

My main strat is to find someone, toss elixer b, jump right on them and immob->burning stacks (Incendiary Rounds + P4)->Moa->P2->Flamethrower.

When I pull it off, it’s pretty satisfying. Also… so much might… In zergs and tower sieges, the longer I stay alive, the more damage I do (the dire/rabid combo helps alot)

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhSsYfWwWLQ7FLpFFYJuiHw3GGANw4POklBA-TBiHAB7q8j2HAQQ7HUregcV/p3FEA4EAAlSwAAIAzsMDgxLexLexLeGv4Fv4Fv4JFwiKrA-e

You will want Short Fuse for the Fire Bomb cooldown, and the anti-toxin rune should add more damage than the orb, but only by a tiny bit.

a coral orb offers 48 dps stats
an antitoxin rune offers 28

similar reasoning for a rampager back piece. rabid has toughness and isnt pure glass but rampager is.

tbh you wont notice the difference either way, but you know how those meta makers wanna find the optimum and all that…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Mord.9237

Updated with new builds and cleaned up!

Engi Build Compilation

in Engineer

Posted by: addar.2867

addar.2867

here is my personal build i menage to create after patch :

i like turrets and flamethrower, there were always my fantasy for engis so i was trying find ways to make them works decent build for pvp and pve dung/fractals:

PVP:

RABID- flamethrower reflection turrets of burning destruction:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUh6qYtWwqKw6FLsFF4HWiBQYKObxmYHNF3IA-TJRGABA8AAyY/hmKDU8JAAA

build havy around stacking “burn” from pistol off-hand, flamethrower and flameturret.
Turrets in this build are more utility tools.

-Thanks to turreter traits u have acces to great amount of boons ( swiftness, might, vigor), cc (net turret: 5 sec immob baby !) , dmg and so strong right now massive reflection field wich synergise well with supply crate giving u easy time vs these pisky mesmers or rangers .

- thanks to chosen trais road u are tanky with a lot of ( for engi ofc) condi cleans, alot of boons wich makes u tanky as hell : if u have 8 boons on u with protection u have 49 % dmg reduction thanks to "iron blooded " trait.

- reflective shields create by turrets let u not going with shiled as weapon so u can equip pistol to your offhand and be rael gunslinger

PVE

BERK FOREVER ! might stacking god:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhqqYtWwmKQ7FL3FFYDWABQ4E2Zb24W0EJBA-TRROwAjU+BY/BiaIAr+jMlgBAOAY4hHe4hHOA-e

Berk are still in meta in dungs and fractals and even i would enjoy very much condi party, berk are just better, sadly…
in this build u are might stacker: easy perma 25 might stack for youself and easy 18 migt for your party …what i like about this build is jaggernaut trait, going with perma stability makes every dungs or fractals easy :P nothing looks beter than dmg from flamethrower with 25 stack on u….
u also giving fury and vigor for whole team wich is massive
and again reflective shield traits work in some dungs fractals greatly—who cares guards if u have engi.

if u dont like invention road go explosive wich works great with detonbate turets as they are explosive.

your main combo is :

-put your 3 turrets down wait boss to come to your stack place
-put fire field
-detonate turrets
- use orbital strike
-change to rifle
-use 5,3 rifle ability combo
-if it is one boss stay shoting with rifle
- if it is gruop back to flamthrower autoatck

u can change flamethrower to bomb kit if u need some stealth stacking….just use smoke bomb and detonate your turrets

here u are sorry for butchering english, hopes someone find it helpfull

(edited by addar.2867)

in Engineer

Mord.9237

Adding the PvP build, with the state of burning, it could definitely do some damage. There are more efficient ways of stacking might(through HGH) while contributing a lot more damage than the turret build, I’m a large skeptic of the gimmicky feel of turrets. I understand you’re mainly using them for the detonation in a fire field, their purpose is better served through HGH while still having more damage output through say grenade kit. I’ll put it under Other as a test build, very creative though, which I like to see, so I’m not declining it, by any means, thanks for your contribution!

Engi Build Compilation

in Engineer

Thaddeus.4891

similar reasoning for a rampager back piece. rabid has toughness and isnt pure glass but rampager is.

tbh you wont notice the difference either way, but you know how those meta makers wanna find the optimum and all that…

You can’t just count that way. Condition Damage for that kind of build is so more important that usually Rabid is better dps than rampager. I’m not saying it’ s the case here, but you can’t just say Rampager is better because it have 3 direct damage stats.

in Engineer

Posted by: addar.2867

addar.2867

as i said at start of my post i was trying find ways to make turrets viable in game cause im big fan of them.Im not saying they are the most powerfull build and yes HGH is maybe easier to stack might but also gives u less utility and cc. I Just post them cause they are diffrent from “normal” builds and i find it pretty effective.

What gives u turrets wich HGH oriented builds lacks :

AOE boons buff for whole team in teamfights: depent of turrets choice : u giving swiftness( net tuuret) , vigor( healing turret), 3 stack of free aoe might( flameturret) or if u liking u can go “knock back” cc – god mode with acces to 7,8 knock backs just by using thumper turrets and equiping shield in off hand. Its all about CC that HGH lacks.

IF use NET turret right u immob. enemy for 5 sec its massive help to easy stack burn on them with your F1.2,3,4 ability, at start of a match u also giving 13 s of switfness to your teammates just by put down net turret

if use flame turret combine with flamethrower 5 ability u have acces to great 2 blinds in a row

More immortant u can create reflective fields that can last 20 s with supply crate…wich is masive defence tool vs " meta" mesmers

remmember u can use your healing turret’s water field and detonate turrets as ways to healing your party in teamfights wich triggers also burnig passive from balthazar rune

HGH is just dull selfish road with little to no cc, my build prevent great supportish playstyle with a lot of dmg,…
IN PVP controling battlefield is very immportant, its not only about raw power, with supply crate u can having 2 net turrets wich give two 5 s immob, 2 flame tuurets with blinds and free 6 stack of might and burn for whole teammates.

in my build turrets are not this pre nerf no-brainer unbeatable tools of passive boring play. U need stop treating them like “minions”, as u said after they give u boons , reflective shields cc and condi u detonate them for aoe dmg, heal and might stack for whole team, just treat them like verstile abilities.

now what give u HGH:

-SELF might stacking with very little team support-
-NO CC
-cooldowns are higher than this for turrets
- Elixir b and S are great but u can have them passivley by taking alchemy tree
stcking them makes no sense, cause having 2 elixir S prevent u from keeping point too hard and in todays condi burst days automatic ELIxir S isuper effective and gives u time to your automat response trait to trigger

for most cases battle are quick so your elixir B from trait is enough and u dont need second one.

as for pve buld i made it for fun its great alternative, if someone wants try something new. Its maybe not as strong as" meta" but its so funny and super effective….i think u wanted to having here creative builds so here are my builds as engi veteran….

right now im almost pvp exclusive player with doing dungs for money as we know pvp reword system sucks balls, so i can asure my builds works

(edited by addar.2867)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

in Engineer

Mord.9237

addar: I never said your build wasn’t creative, and I added them to the list already, I love that you’ve taken an aspect of the class that you like and made it work, and your explanations of it tell me you’ve played it extensively with success. The PvP build looks very fun, the PvE build, it’s just as you say, an alternative, and that’s what I made the Other section for, things out of the ordinary that could be fun to try and could work for those who aren’t min-maxing. Great builds!

Ceimash: Thanks a lot, added, when’s your next stream

Oval: Very glassy for WvW, but mortars are 1500 range so you could sit back with the backline. Might I suggest Pack runes? You gain over 5% crit, your power remains the same, and you get a chance to grant might, fury and swiftness to nearby allies aka the backline and of course, the 20% swiftness duration helps keep up with the group when you’re en route. The only thing you lose is 6% crit damage. Let me know what you think, adding it as a glass cannon backline for now, with Pack Runes listed as an alternative.

Engi Build Compilation

in Engineer

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

addar: I never said your build wasn’t creative, and I added them to the list already, I love that you’ve taken an aspect of the class that you like and made it work, and your explanations of it tell me you’ve played it extensively with success. The PvP build looks very fun, the PvE build, it’s just as you say, an alternative, and that’s what I made the Other section for, things out of the ordinary that could be fun to try and could work for those who aren’t min-maxing. Great builds!

Ceimash: Thanks a lot, added, when’s your next stream

Oval: Very glassy for WvW, but mortars are 1500 range so you could sit back with the backline. Might I suggest Pack runes? You gain over 5% crit, your power remains the same, and you get a chance to grant might, fury and swiftness to nearby allies aka the backline and of course, the 20% swiftness duration helps keep up with the group when you’re en route. The only thing you lose is 6% crit damage. Let me know what you think, adding it as a glass cannon backline for now, with Pack Runes listed as an alternative.

Of course! The scholar runes are just a personal prefference that fits my play style, but other runes might be better :P

The general idea of the build is as you stated, a back line artillery build. The only reason why I went full berserker is because I love big numbers, but you could theoretically work some knights piece in there for extra survival.

The build is rather egocentric and brings almost nothing for support, apart from longer duration on thefields with the Mortar Trait it focuses on high area damage.

(edited by Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365)

in Engineer

Knox.8962

In a meta group with a warrior banner etc. the prceision is wasted as you’re effectively over 100% crit rate with fury already. The Power-based portion of your damage is insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and you’ll actually benefit more from the additional condition damage stat than you will from the rampager split, even though it is more raw offensive stats.

I agree that the difference is minimal (single digit DPS differences) for those things together. The change that really matters is picking up short fuse because delaying your firebomb is a big DPS loss.

in Engineer

Posted by: Epoch.5396

Epoch.5396

This is the Mobile burn build i have been using since the patch.
Its amazing in pvp(swaps to carrion) and wvw (roaming). Average in wvw zergs so i swap to mortar.

Its tanky with high mobility, might stacking, cleansing, high burst through burn stacks, Uses Cond overlap from EG to stop cleansing, stealth, decent self healing, short term CC and 2 stun breaks. It only lacks stability.

Please give it a try. Im not asking for feedback i find this build perfect. I wish more people would give it a go to see how truly strong the engi is with the current burns. It exploits firearms for crit so u can focus your gear for cond damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalcTh6rYfXwdLQ+FLsFF4HeiBQYKeRvmYHNFPBA-TRyHABkt/wsPAA20BMo6BKqiTdKBNTLQRK/A4EAEAABYmlZA8cn7cn7cnzu1tu1tu1NpAWUsF-e

[wasp]Epoch
Desolation

(edited by Epoch.5396)

in Engineer

Mord.9237

Looks solid Epoch, added to Roaming, thanks!

Engi Build Compilation

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

In a meta group with a warrior banner etc. the prceision is wasted as you’re effectively over 100% crit rate with fury already. The Power-based portion of your damage is insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and you’ll actually benefit more from the additional condition damage stat than you will from the rampager split, even though it is more raw offensive stats.

I agree that the difference is minimal (single digit DPS differences) for those things together. The change that really matters is picking up short fuse because delaying your firebomb is a big DPS loss.

the precision is not wasted

in full sinister + rabid back + antitoxin rune you have 49% crit. to max out crit with a warrior banner and fury, you need 53% crit and to take high caliber instead of chemical rounds, which you arent gonna do. even if you take high caliber instead of chemical rounds, the extra 51 precision (from coral orb + rampager back) puts you at just under 52% crit. so no, you arent losing out on anything by doing that. you arent anywhere near capping out crit rate.

You can’t just count that way. Condition Damage for that kind of build is so more important that usually Rabid is better dps than rampager. I’m not saying it’ s the case here, but you can’t just say Rampager is better because it have 3 direct damage stats.

trust me, i am not one to throw around “rampager is best” lightly. that stat combo is normally terribad and outclassed by sinister and assassin, and used to be outclassed by cele (and might still be but people are failing with their cele builds post-6/23)

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ithurien.3652

Ithurien.3652

Interesting build. The linked build doesn’t show the type of pistols you recommend though. I assume they’re Dire or Rabid like the rest of it, which do you prefer?

in Engineer

Knox.8962

the precision is not wasted

in full sinister + rabid back + antitoxin rune you have 49% crit. to max out crit with a warrior banner and fury, you need 53% crit and to take high caliber instead of chemical rounds, which you arent gonna do. even if you take high caliber instead of chemical rounds, the extra 51 precision (from coral orb + rampager back) puts you at just under 52% crit. so no, you arent losing out on anything by doing that. you arent anywhere near capping out crit rate.

That is my bad. I was thinking about zerker engy, not condi engy. When I dropped the coral orb and rampager back into my sheet, it nets a 13 DPS difference over the anti-toxin and rabid. Certainly that should be the best setup then.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhSsYfWwWLQ7FLpFFYJuiHw3GGANw4POklBA-TBSCABPqEEalfJ/AAsa/AAsgQZ9AOr+TFnAgAAIAzsMDgxLexLexLeGv4Fv4Fv4JFwiKrA-e

This should be it with the trait change and the rampagers pieces.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

WvW Roaming engineer burning build.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUh+uYBWwWLw6FLsFVYKeRvG4HWiBgYHVFPBA-TFyCABAcCAAUPgBmg8R9HGUCmlyvq2fgiHAQAAEgZWmBgZOzZOzZmUAwMyC-w

I made a quick clip of it in use over the beta weekend, was hard to get decent fights and i was getting zerged a lot but got some footage.

~ https://vimeo.com/135843991 ~

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in Engineer

santenal.1054

in Engineer

Posted by: Epoch.5396

Epoch.5396

Interesting build. The linked build doesn’t show the type of pistols you recommend though. I assume they’re Dire or Rabid like the rest of it, which do you prefer?

Ye that’s right, thanks. one dire one rabid.

Ill update it in case.

[wasp]Epoch
Desolation

in Engineer

Posted by: Coolster.2536

Coolster.2536

This is my PvE Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQJAqalsTharYJWwPLQ7FLpFFYJuiHQYU1R123TFAhIA-e

I play Condi Engi and this is the build I crafted through hours of gameplay. The turret is there only for added DPS, but that knockdown comes in handy at times. I can also do a little support with Med Kit and Mortar 5 + Big Ol’ Bomb or Orbital Strike. I can also combo Fire Bomb + Big Ol’ Bomb + Traited Orbital Strike for 9 stacks of Might.

My PvP Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqelsTharYJWwPLQ7FLpFFYJ2iHQ4O0R123TFAhIA-TJhGwA52fgwJAYZZAAPAAA

Pretty much works the same way as my pvp build, but I use shield for added defense because I’m terrible at playing defensive :P

You Can’t Be A Genius, If You Aren’t The Slightest Bit Insane. B)

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

Spvp soft static discharge
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhaqYJXw+KQ+FLsFF4IuBBgYHNFPxYcMG/IA-TJBFABC8AAEvMQN7PAwFAAA
The way I see it : between two Elixir X, you play avoidances (elixir S * 2, toss elixir S, toolkit shield, dodges) and pew pew damages. Good : strong in 1v1 fight. Defect : the survival looks good but in fact you just force the redirect of damages to your teammates, so in team scope I believe the return is not as good as I feel it.-
Edit : Nevermind, Thaddeus marauder definitly looks better than mine and should solve the difficults I encountered, I will use it ! Didn’t noticed it but he had a step ahead

(edited by NineLives.8725)

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Wow the state of Engineer is just so sad right now. Nearly every build in this thread has the exact same trait set ups, ANet really screwed the pooch with the spec update for Engineers.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Wow the state of Engineer is just so sad right now. Nearly every build in this thread has the exact same trait set ups, ANet really screwed the pooch with the spec update for Engineers.

This thread is for builds, should start a new thread on trait selection variance for a discussion on the subject.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in Engineer

Mord.9237

I apologize for my absence the past week everyone, some major pile up at work and RL(bleh) kept me from being on my PC at all! I’m back and have updated the post with the most recent posted builds as well as fixed MattyP’s link, keep the creativity rolling in.

This is my PvE Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQJAqalsTharYJWwPLQ7FLpFFYJuiHQYU1R123TFAhIA-e

I play Condi Engi and this is the build I crafted through hours of gameplay. The turret is there only for added DPS, but that knockdown comes in handy at times. I can also do a little support with Med Kit and Mortar 5 + Big Ol’ Bomb or Orbital Strike. I can also combo Fire Bomb + Big Ol’ Bomb + Traited Orbital Strike for 9 stacks of Might.

My PvP Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqelsTharYJWwPLQ7FLpFFYJ2iHQ4O0R123TFAhIA-TJhGwA52fgwJAYZZAAPAAA

Pretty much works the same way as my pvp build, but I use shield for added defense because I’m terrible at playing defensive :P

Coolster, I like the creativity and how you stray from the norm to find what works for you. But before adding your builds, could you attest to your success with them? I’m especially interested in the med kit option as I’ve not tried it nor seen it since my return to the game, thanks.

Engi Build Compilation

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

I am liking the way this is going. The main thing I have an issue with is for people to show more love to what engineer is good at, DPS. DPS doesn’t mean condition damage all the time. While engineer can stack a ton of fire on someone in a split second I don’t think zerker/PTF (power toughness ferocity) gets enough love from any build. I’d like to see more dps focused builds as a whole that use crit damage and win in 1v1 battles. Alot of times crit damage seems like it is only good for zerging unless you are skilled enough to fight with it.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqelUUh2tYfWwvLQ7FLsFF4HWiBQYNcRvmYHFjzIA-T1BBABAcCAc+BAI0+DHqHoU1fgUJIYK/CAgAMzyMAG6QH6QH6QbmzcmH9oHtMALrB-w

This is the build I run as map or guild pin on T1 NA.

6 blast finishers.
3 water field
Low cooldown condition to boon conversion for team with fumigate.
6 of 9 combo fields.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: IgnisVulpesXI.3015

IgnisVulpesXI.3015

I’ve taken a look at some of the builds and haven’t found the one I’ve been using for like, 2 years in PvE? Which probably means it’s not optimal but it seems to work at my PvP level (<300 unranked games; slightly above 50% winrate, soloq) now that I do PvP for the daily (with some changes after the trait changes, of course):
Rampager S/D Hybrid
Googles are the utility I usually use, though it’s swapped around depending on what the enemy team has: they stay if there’s two or more total blind-heavy classes, otherwise bring Slick shoes for the quick stunbreak on CC comps or Elixir S if I foresee heavy burst. Mortar Kit is there to mess up Eles/Rampaging Warriors/Engineers as well as helping with the blind field, while providing long-range support in teamfights (you don’t want to get close with this little defense!).

I seem to be able to go toe to toe vs pretty much everything except condi-heavy builds (surprise!) or super bursty ones, but that might be lack of experience.

[FOXY] Animal Spirit Guild

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

My general WvW zerging FT build:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUh2tYtWw+KQ7FL3FF4CWABg4B9D5w4I2EJBA-TFjFABqoiAM7PciqASqSQVKBB4CAYkSPCVDgKlBnpD4QVYS4BAEAAB4m3MAc0CtQHaDdo3c52colBoYLA-w

(I have celestial trinkets to switch to if more durability is needed, but that hasn’t really been an issue. I think something like PVT would be more optimal though. )

• Does just enough damage to ward off any would be gankers to your squishies, as well as taking out enemy squishes that are running away from your melee dudes.
  • Impossible to pick off— adrenal implant, a low duration stunbreak, 1 invul, protection on stunned, melandru runes and -condi food which renders condis a joke unless everyone focuses fire on you, but if they have to resort to that, I see that as a good thing
  • 3 water fields and 3 blast finishers, one of which is one a 5 second cooldown (boo no FT cooldown reduction)
  • Able to adjust to the front or back as needed, obviously this would be less valued in organized groups

I’ve been pretty happy with it thus far. Today, I just realized that about 2 weeks ago, I made another ascended rifle (via Mystic Forge stat swap) for pve and accidentally equipped that instead of my wvw rifle. So I was playing the past 2 weeks on my engi without any sigils.

Remember that FT is mostly used to get through places, so if you spam 1 all the time you will die. Then again, I am not sure what anyone thinks autoattacking through a retaliation equipped frontline does. The 2 skill actually does decent damage; pair it up with orbital strike as you wade through the crowd. Use FT5 to protect yourself as needed. Mortar is used at long range, mostly for support such as water fields, rifle is used for all other situations where FT isn’t needed.

Elixir Gun is an arbitrary skill. It works somewhat with HGH, so whatever. I use it to clear condis off allies and blast myself away with acid bomb to reposition myself; as well as it serving as a psuedo-burst when needed. It can be replaced with Rocket Boots to give yourself the mobility to be frontline, slick shoes for CC support, tool kit for survival, or Elixir U for fun reflects or whatnot. Whatever you do, don’t put Elixir Gun 5 on your regroup, or people will be very angry at you.

Finally, Elixir S is my final way to save myself. The toss elixir S is good for breaking target and making it a bit easier for you to res allies or just blindside someone that’s out of position with an immobilize.

Anyhow, I think the return of 1200 range rifle has made it a lot easier for me to execute this build. I’ve tried all kinds of backline builds but have not been happy with the result, so I’ve been getting the most mileage out of this. Out of all the classes, I’ve found this to be at least the easiest to play, even if it isn’t able to compete with guardian/ele in terms of overall utility. Since I am familiar enough with all classes in zergplay, I decided to aim for something that wasn’t horrifically redundant, so I did not want to compete with anything I could do better on another class.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Engineer

paladinecho.3024

Im still not impressed yet. Someone show me a good zerker/ Power Toughness Ferocity build. I dispise shield unless I am running condi. Pistol damage sucks even with full attack power. We have countless condi runners at the moment but people have been sucking at bringing up a solid power engi that smashes things with critical hits and has decent survivability. Pistol is awesome with condi and sucks with power builds as is the same thing with shield.

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

My new favorite build for sPvP, celestial variant of Elixir Juggernaut :
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlcThatY1Vw+KQ+FL3FFYDWABQ4EGQZm4B1D5AA-TJRGwAAeAAJuAAg2fYZZAA

TBH, this is mostly a great mix of Wolfineer’s Juggernaut + Chaithh Mauraudeer …
+ my celestial obsession
+ a might stacking madness.

The way I see it, celestial is finally the best when you manage to balance the stats again, when you stack more stats to already more stats ! When I can increase a lot my crit chance and my power, and when I can deal mixed damages, celestial definitly become my best choice. I don’t care if I overstack might, because I especially want to stack it fast and to maintain 25 the longer !

The main combo : (Stab from Throw Elixir B or Juggernaut + ) Rifle 4 + Rifle 3 (while walking) + Rifle 5 on site + FT 2.
Everything else are very strong toys.

in Engineer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhatY1Vw+KQ7FL3FFYDGhBQ4EGQZm4B9D5AA-TJBFABFcBAEvMQJ7PAwDAAA

My Maruder Elixir Flamethrower build. I didn’t see a Power Flamethrower, so I am giving mine.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Engineer

paladinecho.3024

I’m still not feeling this celestial mickey mouse stuff. Where is the all or nothing 210%+ Ferocity build? These other celestial things include too much condi base and not enough hit someone in the face base. Call me when there is something in here about roughing people up with ferocity over 210%.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zethyrius.8692

Zethyrius.8692

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhSsY1Vw+KQ+FLsFF4IuBBgYHVFPxXSdhHAA-TJRIwAAeAABuAAY2fYYZAA
Celestial version of Elixir Soldier, dropping the the utility from tools for damage from condis (especially to kill through mist form). Does significantly more damage than soldier, even physical damage. 30% + 10% when bleeding +20% fury crit, plus has ferocity. Could take extra S instead of backpack regen, and could take fury instead of rifle recharge. Could change sigils if desired.
Some reasoning: Alchemy with Elixir B allows good swiftness without needing to take tools, then I can keep nades since condi requires Firearms and nades require Explosives.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhatY7Ww+KQ+FLsFF4HWiBgYHNFPxYOOG/IA-TJBHwAFOBAW2fAwDAIZZAA
Carrion condi. Int sigil for burst with FT 2 and for burn application (although there is already some crit, this makes the burn guaranteed so it’s a better burst). Leeching for some sustain, which condi engis have a hard time with, and to not break stealth when setting up burst. Alchemy for great defensive bonuses… tons of condi cleanse especially with egun, which engis usually struggle with, some might for extra damage, and protection. Egun gives an extra stunbreak and good synergy with Alchemy, plus down cleave. FT has all the burns, needed for a condi-centric build. Tools is the build’s swiftness, and kinetic battery for double incendiary ammo is excellent burst once you bait condi removal.
Carrion handles condis much better than rabid, and this build compounds on that with the condi removal. It also gives some level of power burst with int, and makes the self Elixir X not completely useless.

EDIT: The soldier elixir build up right now is the tank version. The damage/well-rounded version (coughChaith’s) has HGH, Sigil of Battle, and Rune of Strength. I really don’t think Elixirs is meant to be set up that defensively; inventions is way better defense than tools… There’s a reason why world champions choose what they do. Don’t know why metabattle doesn’t list HGH.

(edited by Zethyrius.8692)

in Engineer

Mord.9237

Fully updated, thanks for all the contributions so far, this has really taken off! Bomb kit radius FINALLY fixed? Does that justify its use?

Engi Build Compilation

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

bomb kit has been useful in open world pve and dungeons even with buggy 180 radius, perhaps now it will see better use in pvp and zerging wvw where the range makes a huge difference in point fighting and tagging capability

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I’m still not feeling this celestial mickey mouse stuff. Where is the all or nothing 210%+ Ferocity build? These other celestial things include too much condi base and not enough hit someone in the face base. Call me when there is something in here about roughing people up with ferocity over 210%.

just run zerker with rifle then dude. full elixir HGH is very strong with zerk but regular 2kit things work too. static discharge is still bursty af too.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in Engineer

Posted by: SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

in Engineer

Posted by: SuicideFall.3697

SuicideFall.3697

Best spvp rifle build i’ve put together by far since changes.

Good dps from marauder high crit, pack runes and hgh
Good survivability from protection injection, bunker down + high crit rate and stun breaks on utility + trait.
Good team utility support from elixer U and X Toss elixer skills
Good condi clear from hgh and turret.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhyrYJWw+KQ+FLvFV4IGRpm4F1EJx3QFhBAA-TJhFABA8AAAvMwM7PkwFAAA

in Engineer

Mord.9237

2 new builds added!

Engi Build Compilation