Gyro damage

Gyro damage

in Engineer

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Playing a game of pvp I noticed gyro damage to be high. Nothing too strange or broken I found, but then I wanted to make a gyro detonation build and noticed something staggeringly wrong. Gyro’s self destruct damage is unrelated to character stats and is nothing near what is shown, which is odd because the stat shows that they scale from the power stat (which is does not) and they do not scale from ferocity if they critically hit, nor do they scale from precision (as they always have about a 50-60% critical hit chance).

I did some googling and learned the damage isn’t supposed to scale from engineer stats, which is typical but they should. While I don’t consider the damage in a dps build to be over powered I do think it’s a bit broken. It should scale to add some risk/reward, right now it’s just mediocre if you’re dps and stupidly high (for raw dmg) if you’re not.

The attached screen shots show the mentioned inconsistencies.

Attachments:

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Gyro damage

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

If you really want to see how high gyro damage can go, get a mesmer or another engi to moa your gyros.

OT: For some reason ANet has an obsession with making AI minions not scale off of your stats. They probably all have their own power/precision/fero/toughness/vit numbers. The heal gyro at least scales off of your healing power. I’m not sure whether conditions applied by gyros (like the whirl gyro in a fire or poison field) scale off of your condi damage/duration stats or not, should probably go test that at some point.

Gyro damage

in Engineer

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

That sounds terrifying, seeing super op birds everywhere that were once just harmless robots

It is odd anet tries so hard to make AIs scale off nothing, I think gyros should be different because they’re not conventional AIs. They’re pretty much mobile banners, so why shouldn’t they scale? Especially since the blast function is unrelated to the gyros core functionality and is an active skill? At the very least it should show the correct damage output.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Gyro damage

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Gyros have their own stats, the tooltip just lies to you. It’s a bad design since they are more of fancy projectil animation (Shreddy / Blasty) than anything else. They should inherit your stats, unfortunately – they don’t.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Gyro damage

in Engineer

Posted by: vaxjani.9073

vaxjani.9073

I wouldn’t mind a bit higher dmg if you are using dmg oriented builds so it could scale.

(kinda offtopic) Although i still think that gyros shouldn’t detonate and daze when they are killed, only when they are manually destroyed by the scrapper. (ANet pls)

Lagspike – Never Gonna Find Me – Happy Burstday
War/Ranger/Thief Roaming Vids