Gyro's aren't explosives

Gyro's aren't explosives

in Engineer

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

What? Can someone explain? I trait into explosives for this, and they aren’t explosives. No modifiers, no condis, no traited condi. Nada. =( I’m sad now. Oh and they don’t work on static discharge.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

Gyro's aren't explosives

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

What is there to explain? They are not explosives.

Now you can trait for benefits from gyros destruction, by investing the the right traits in the scrapper line.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Gyro's aren't explosives

in Engineer

Serious Thought.5394

But how are they not? Its like saying Elixir Gun 4 and 5 (or Mortar 5) even don’t count as elixirs. They explode when they break.

Gyro's aren't explosives

in Engineer

coglin.1867

You are show horning your opinion of the graphics of their self destruct, and attempting to use a graphic to define it as a function. What do you mean “How do they not?” ?

My hammer auto attack third strike has a slight lightening animation, how does it nor stun or create a lightening field?

You see what I am getting at. You cannot associate an animation, with an effect you connect to a trait. The elixirs were labeled elixirs in a different color in the tool tips, and in the name of the skills. Gyros have no labels that would associate them as a whole, with explosives. I could perhaps see “blast gyro” with its name, harking back to explosives, but they are not explosives.

Gyro's aren't explosives

in Engineer

Serious Thought.5394

I guess I’m just stuck figuring out my third line. I’m doing quad gyros and flamethrower with fire arms and scrapper. Static discharge isn’t working (probably because the tool belts don’t target enemy players), what do I take? Trying to maximize damage and lockdown and so far the dump damage is scary, but not terrifying. Was hoping I’d hear it was a bug not intended. What should I take with my build?

Gyro's aren't explosives

in Engineer

coglin.1867

For what game aspect? PvE ?

You can use glass cannon, aim assist rocket/shaped charge, and thermobaric detonation for an added blast and damage. Those traits benefit almost any build?

Personally, I am a fan of the inventions line.

Gyro's aren't explosives

in Engineer

Posted by: Creld.8702

Creld.8702

I can get the confusion/disconnect with gyros not being considered explosives when you use their self destruct ability. Basically, it’s another point where expected synergy does not exist.

As for a third trait line, inventions is my personal favorite for pvp running 3 gyros, FT, and Mortar. Explosives just doesn’t have the expected benefits to gyros, else it would be a good option.

Not sure how long you’ve been here, but engies do kinda get treated like the forgotten class. Bugs left untouched for ages, mechanics not functioning intuitively, and utilities/traits that get hit with the nerf bat so hard they basically stop being an option. Enjoy your stay!

PS: Things I’m still salty about – almost 3 years to fix hobosacks, the critical hit bonus based on range trait being looked at multiple times by players and devs then being left in a non-functioning state, and the continued lack of a good gadget trait.

Asura Engineer- Aelara Fole

Gyro's aren't explosives

in Engineer

Serious Thought.5394

Doing better than my old class (in the signature). Anywho, trying to make a cheesy funny pvp build, surprising how easy it is to cheese things, but I only made it this far.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoC1ahFpCepCEqCl7iiO1jdgLYEGAA-T5QGwAAeAAg2fAaZAA

Unsure if Final Salvo increases Gyro explosion radius or not. If not, I’ma grab the Perfectly Weighted trait. Missing a second sigil and a full third trait line. Yes, in legitimate matches this won’t work. But most people taking elite lines don’t take legitimate builds, so I chose this to counterplay it. Check out how many Berserkers take Defense, Chronomancers take Chaos or Inspiration, or how many Reapers snag Death Magic. =) Just taking advantage of a funny meta.