HGH Compared to 3-Kit

HGH Compared to 3-Kit

in Engineer

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

I usually roll rabid 3-kit builds, although I am very curious by the rabid HGH builds, particularly P/P, as I have never really rolled HGH before.

What is everyone’s opinions of these two builds? Are they vastly different? Is one more beneficial over the other?

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

HGH Compared to 3-Kit

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

3kit to hgh, you’re basically trading different types of damage + utility for higher damage and potentially more condi clear.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

HGH Compared to 3-Kit

in Engineer

OptimistPrime.9283

3kit to hgh, you’re basically trading different types of damage + utility for higher damage and potentially more condi clear.

Interesting! Would you assume HGH would be capable of soloing a camp? I know I can with 3kit, but the HGH seems rather limited for multi-target capabilities.

HGH Compared to 3-Kit

in Engineer

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

With Runes of Strength + Sigil of Battle + Sigil of Strength alone, you get like 12 stacks of might from just fighting, sometimes more. Add in Enhanced Performance and you creep on 20 stacks. This is WITHOUT HGH. There’s not reason to run that skill in PvP as there aren’t enough conditions for it to be necessary and there are methods of getting high might stacks without it. Also, healing turret is more than enough.

It’s also false that it’s more damage. The best damage for engineer is swapping through high damage cooldowns on multiple kits. I generally go Rocket Turret, Grenade Kit, Elixir Gun in PvE and swap between all my high damage stuff. The DPS is crazy. If I was just running Rifle + Grenade Kit with HGH, my DPS would suffer.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

HGH Compared to 3-Kit

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Interesting! Would you assume HGH would be capable of soloing a camp? I know I can with 3kit, but the HGH seems rather limited for multi-target capabilities.

literally any 80 build in rares or better can solo a camp
your efficiency depends more on guard stack trait lines and how many wvw infusions you have

hgh in exotics is fine

why not try it out? i mean you have the gear and all you need to do is switch traits and utilities… yet here you are asking forum denizens :[

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

HGH Compared to 3-Kit

in Engineer

OptimistPrime.9283

literally any 80 build in rares or better can solo a camp
your efficiency depends more on guard stack trait lines and how many wvw infusions you have

hgh in exotics is fine

why not try it out? i mean you have the gear and all you need to do is switch traits and utilities… yet here you are asking forum denizens :[

Oh, no, don’t get me wrong, I am definitely going to try it out. I am just at work at the moment, and if someone yelled “OH GOD DON’T DO IT” I wouldn’t have bothered.

But it looks like a good idea!

HGH Compared to 3-Kit

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

hgh full zerk grenades is probably the best build for zergs because of its great damage. just chuck grenades into red names and see your tens of thousands of damage appear. if you’re roaming though hgh isn’t that good. it has kitten poor defense regardless of the gear you wear and because of power creep anyone even remotely competent is gonna mop the floor with you.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

HGH Compared to 3-Kit

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

With Runes of Strength + Sigil of Battle + Sigil of Strength alone, you get like 12 stacks of might from just fighting, sometimes more. Add in Enhanced Performance and you creep on 20 stacks. This is WITHOUT HGH. There’s not reason to run that skill in PvP as there aren’t enough conditions for it to be necessary and there are methods of getting high might stacks without it. Also, healing turret is more than enough.

It’s also false that it’s more damage. The best damage for engineer is swapping through high damage cooldowns on multiple kits. I generally go Rocket Turret, Grenade Kit, Elixir Gun in PvE and swap between all my high damage stuff. The DPS is crazy. If I was just running Rifle + Grenade Kit with HGH, my DPS would suffer.

I meant more damage out of the skills you use. Oh, and go with Aristocracy runes if you want to use condi.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

HGH Compared to 3-Kit

in Engineer

Posted by: DonEllz.6312

DonEllz.6312

I use a P/P HGH build for roaming with dire and Balthazar runes and its pretty awesome.. the condi clear is awesome and if you know your coming up to a fight where condis arent a problem just switch to potent elixirs But i don’t think i could ever run without toolkit.

Its Not Apho – Necromancer – Callous Philosophy [LaG] – AnguĂ®sh [Ash]