HOT Release Date Set - Elite Spec jeopardy?

in Engineer

Posted by: Swiftly.2385

Swiftly.2385

With the announcement of HOT being released on Oct. 23rd, I am not confident at all that my two favorite classes, Engineer and Ranger will have sufficient testing and feedback phases.

I am actually really skeptical about the elites for these two specs now, especially if Roy is doing them both. Don’t get me wrong, this is no slight to Roy. I actually think he is doing a great job on the Rev and the communication and candor are great for the Rev. But there are only so many hours in the day for someone to work and I understand the Rev is taking precedent.

I hope I am wrong.

(edited by Swiftly.2385)

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

i have the feeling the new elites already released will be better than the two which are coming, cause they get more player feedback and more testing. Maybe i am wrong, but if we look at our buglist, i fear we will get more bugs on it at HoT release.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Lutto.8745

Lutto.8745

I agree 100% and this will be a problem.

You just have to check all the tuning other classes received and 2 weeks for either Ranger/Engi is to short and probably alot of more/other things will take prio when launch date is coming around the corner..

Member of [SoZ] GM of mEIGHT [mEJT]
S1/S2 Legend Engineer @ Gandara EU.

in Engineer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Yah, I’m definitely worried as well.

I expect no Elite Spec reveal next week, but rather a POI focused on the BWE itself (like with the last one). And assuming that both Forge and Druid are revealed before the next BWE, that places the first BWE featuring those two elite specs near the end of September if they follow the 1-per-week then BWE the week after pattern. Which, given the amount of time needed for the iterations to occur from the initial BWE feedback, leaves time for maybe one more BWE after the first showing. And that will fall just before launch, which will leave little time for feedback from that second BWE to materialize before launch happens.

Granted, I could end up being surprised. Who knows, maybe they will show Druid / Forge next week, maybe even both at the same time. Heck, I suppose its even possible they’ll reveal them tomorrow, since during the POI they specifically said “You haven’t heard everything we’re going to show” (in regards to the raid / F2P leak). Then they could throw them in as surprise features of next week’s BWE. Or maybe they’re close enough to launch that they’ll be able to get the changes from upcoming BWE’s faster and have them more frequently, thus leaving time for 4+ before launch. Its certainly no guarantee they’ll be undertested, but its definitely something I’m a bit anxious about at this point.

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Engi and ranger WILL be the most bugged and it WILL take forever to fix.

I called this weeks ago…

They are taking their time with the current specs which means the coming specs will get less and less attention as time passes.

Frustrating, since we already have tens of bugs.

in Engineer

Posted by: randomjordan.4261

randomjordan.4261

This was literally the first thing I thought of when I saw the release date. I mean it is cool and all that they are releasing in two months, but we haven’t seen Forge and considering the amount of bugs in the BASE engi class that have been there for a long time and continually gets added to, this completely seems like we are going to get an elite spec that is as buggy as a spider web. Even worse if the little drones are yet another bad AI thing that is going to die quickly and break twelve other abilities on engi. I mean how many traits do we have that just completely break being able to queue skills up, at least two?

I mean, what other class do you have to go to the forums to read the bugs section to know oh hey I can’t even use this trait because it does nothing currently, or it makes it harder to play.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I agree that it seems unfair. Someone always has to be last, it’s unfortunate that includes Engis. Even if another profession were in our position I would prefer that it wasn’t spread out so much, but such is life. I honestly don’t think it’s going to matter in the long term that one profession got a couple extra weeks of feedback than the others.

With that said here are some of my silver lining thoughts…

They alluded to what many people already assumed in the stream today, that the specs being revealed last have actually had the most time behind them. I believe they mentioned today that the Thief has been in development longer than the other specs so far (or at least strongly hinted at it) so that would fit. Daredevil certainly does seem pretty close to finished. If this holds true it’s possible the Ranger and Engi specs are the most complete and ready for launch.

I’m hoping that if there is only one BWE where we can test the Forge (I’m guessing BWE3 is the last one) that some of the very first previewed specs are turned off. It may be valuable to have all 9 professions and elite specs running at once, but it may be more valuable to get people focused into the last 4-5 professions instead of getting a third round of Reaper/DH/Chrono feedback.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Roy

irenio is a better guess than roy since it was irenio who was posted in the engi bug thread

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

Initially I had a preference after seeing some of the stark contrast of which ES were good and which weren’t and the pattern of which dev did which ones, but after the most recent changes that have been posted and the Daredevil reveal I think I’m happy with any of the 3 devs that are responsible for the first 7 ES we’ve seen. I don’t think it would be a different dev than one of those three, I’m thinking they gave each of them 3 ES to lead.

I don’t think the most recent dev post here indicates who is the lead on Forge. It didn’t for the other professions (to my knowledge, if I’m wrong just point me to the link). Based on the history of Engi I think it will be Roy.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

To be honest , when i heard they want to release hot at 23rd oct.It felt for me like they want to rush means ton of bugs incoming probably.i mean there was no event so far that worked very well+ other classes got some decent buffs and engi got still some little bugs out there for example that really annoying skill queque …. and now they want to release it ? Even if they not done with the specs or atleast didnt gave us a chance to test them.

Way to overrushed … Money and pressure more important than some decent stuff ? Anet shouldn’t do that.They should take their time relax enjoy their money they got a few days ago because of anniversary and creating some awesome or well atleast overwork some stuff.

I mean i see so many issues with same class names or traits.Some classes got some limited traitlines as spec and some can go condi , zerk and support ? I mean really ? Are they working not as a team and think ?

Also if i think about all that.I see that our spec will be probably the last one and bugged as hell and probably a slap in our faces…. I mean why ? They should stop ruining classes.I mean look thief became almost useless now and engi well is a bit handicapped because of their bugs.

A-net sit down ,relax and enjoy your tea, then you can think about an release date once you fixxed all beta bugs and other stuff.

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Why would anyone assume 1 dev works on 1 professions ES? I think it is a little narrow of a view to believe one person concocts all of the skills, traits, and functionalities all by themselves. It is more likely that a team works together on them.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Seems like it slipped by, but Mo confirmed during the PAX stream that the upcoming BWE is one of only two more planned before the release of HoT.

So yah, unless they change their plans, one single BWE for Druid and Forge testing.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

Considering they take one month to polish the exp pack, they will only have one month to show the last two spec + work on beta weekend feedback, which means only two weeks at best to correct game design (not talking about bugs, only “concepts”)

So yep, ranger and engineer works will be released in beta, unless it is a fabulous, wonderful, extraordinary, beautiful design work. (but looking at the many bugs on engi currently and traits such as Glass Canon… I don’t think so…)

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

You’re assuming Forge is released at the same level of completion as the Dragonhunter or Tempest. It’s not a terrible assumption, but acknowledge that it is an assumption and not a fact.

It’s equally likely that it is polished to the level of the Daredevil and they left it for last because they know it needs the least amount of work. While the Engi is certainly plagued with its fair share of bugs, I don’t believe those have anything to do with the development of the Forge.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

You’re assuming Forge is released at the same level of completion as the Dragonhunter or Tempest. It’s not a terrible assumption, but acknowledge that it is an assumption and not a fact.

It’s equally likely that it is polished to the level of the Daredevil and they left it for last because they know it needs the least amount of work. While the Engi is certainly plagued with its fair share of bugs, I don’t believe those have anything to do with the development of the Forge.

It is difficult to imagine that they designed the elite spec without considering the whole current design of the engi which is tainted by many bugs, incoherent traits location and unbelievable useless traits or poorly designed.

If they finished the design of the elite spec a long time ago, I am even more worried.

in Engineer

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

As long as the elite spec has traits of the same quality as soothing detonation, medical dispersion field and health insurance I’m sure we’ll be fine. Just make sure to include another minor that is rendered 100% useless by the grandmaster (tools). Use the same innovation used to construct the new med-kit and we are SET.

On a serious note, I hope they fix these god awful traits and kit. Why not do it before the elite spec reveal? Would make the wait more enjoyable.

On the plus side, I think engineer hammer will be the most fun of the profession hammers. (outside the nerf-hammer, which the devs seem to greatly enjoy. Too bad it can’t get past all those fire fields that the elementalists put down)

Rant over!

in Engineer

Posted by: marcel.6734

marcel.6734

maybe they will show us the last two e-specs in just a week.