Hammer wariors

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

Anyone have good tips how to engage these guys? I find them among the hardest to fight with in spvp. They just seem to hammer bash me down. Stun i can escape, but the knockdown lockdown is really nasty. Elixer S would work ofc, but how to dmg these guys and avoid lockdown. With the rifle i can at least keep them off me with net shot..

I guess we have to wait till next patch till we get some stability to stand a chance, unless we make a special anti warrior hammer spammer build XD (wich means we suck at killing everything else :P)

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

U have 3 blinds with static shot, smoke bomb, and vent smoke. Blinds kill this build. Protection injection and stabilizing armor should take off 53% of their DMG.

(edited by Alkaholic.3875)

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

The hammer knockdowns are highly telegraphed and you should have perma vigor. Dodge.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

The Skull crack, however is NOT telegraphed. So watch for that one.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: Doctoris.2675

Doctoris.2675

Anyone have good tips how to engage these guys? I find them among the hardest to fight with in spvp. They just seem to hammer bash me down. Stun i can escape, but the knockdown lockdown is really nasty. Elixer S would work ofc, but how to dmg these guys and avoid lockdown. With the rifle i can at least keep them off me with net shot..

I guess we have to wait till next patch till we get some stability to stand a chance, unless we make a special anti warrior hammer spammer build XD (wich means we suck at killing everything else :P)

Don’t waste your dodges! When fighting Hammer Warriors, their 3 CC skills on the Hammer all have massive animation tells. 4 and 5 in particular have large wind-ups. The burst skill comes out a bit faster, but still has the big leap tell. Try incorporating vigor in your build (very easy if you use kits, as speedy kits and invigorating speed are effectively permanent swiftness and vigor for 20 trait points) and practice not using dodges except for when you see key skills coming in (this becomes much easier if you play the class you’re having trouble with for a bit— you become familiar with the animations very quickly).

Save your stunbreaker for the mace burst stun. That thing has no tell and lasts an entire hundred blades, so there’s no feasible way to react to it in time. Have the stunbreaker ready for that.

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: Zorgog.3908

Zorgog.3908

Five Guages’ power engi build is pretty good for team fights (as long as the Warrior hasn’t popped stability). Pull the warrior into your team as you’re moving on the point, circle Slick Shoes around him, then proceed to dps the poop out of him. 1v1 is a bit tricky for me so far. A condi build would probably do better. Also (and surprisingly) turrets 1v1 lock down Warriors pretty hard since they usually don’t have enough stunbreaks to get out of all your cc. The thing that sucks about that one is turrets in a team fight are bad. This might be fixed once turrets attack your target, we’ll have to see.

PvP only
Team GASM

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

I run ridiculously tanky in sPvP since killing things has nothing to do with winning. With Protection Injection, Protective Shield, Stabilized Armor, and Runes of the Forge, I get plenty of long duration protection and take even less punishment when stunned. Naturally I pretty much live in the FT in this build for the +200 toughness, it does well to outlast most attackers (0/20/30/20/0). Traits are Fireforged Trigger, Juggernaut, Protective Shield, Stabilized Armor, Cloaking Device, Protection Injection, Self Regulating Defenses. Skills are Pistol + Shield, Healing Turret, Elixir C, Elixir B, Flame Thrower, Supply Crate.

Note: this build is soon to get buffed when Toss Elixir B grants stability in the 10/15 patch.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Dodge like a beast or die like a kitten.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Run these two traits; Protection Injection and Stabilized Armour and laugh when they hit you.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

Thx all, those are some good advices! Ill certainly practice with the Vigor swiftniss combo trait and the blinds.

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Run these two traits; Protection Injection and Stabilized Armour and laugh when they hit you.

With the damage reduction (20%) on stun food, Saffron Bread of some sort.

You may not be laughing when they hit you, but it is pretty funny when they all focus you and it takes more than 3 seconds to kill you.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

U have 3 blinds with static shot, smoke bomb, and vent smoke. Blinds kill this build. Protection injection and stabilizing armor should take off 53% of their DMG.

You wont find better defense and for only 20 points i always run this combo… especially with all the stunlock combos in the current meta.

My advice with Warriors is to play aggressive, If they land that skull crack it can be hard to come back but if you get the jump on them you have even more knockdowns/backs than they do. I run in with a net shot then I overcharge shot and run a circle around them with my slick shoes (love em) then i drop BoB and lay in the DPS

Whats that they dodged my net shot… o well i have another, then you block my Overcharge… here comes BoB (or PBR for those that like it)

…see where im going with this?

edited for typo

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I find vigor builds work well. I have been running a gadget build with SS, PBR, and RB. Almost every warrior I see, runs up on me and uses Earthshaker right off the bat. ALl i do is one dodge back, rocket kick to apply the long burn (I also have Incendiary Powder, and always at least 50% condition duration) followed by an immediate PBR, sending them flying with 13+ seconds of burning.

Other times as I see them charging me I sit there, wait, then slick shoes before I dodge. backwards. then I lay into them with all my conditions. You can bleeds, burns, and confusion+blinds off before it ends, unless the pop stability. if the pop stability i rocket boot away and kit them with mixed shots and dodges until their stability drops. then I PBR them and lay into em with my bleeds, poisons, burns and confusion and kite them to death.

Vigor and Superior sigil of energy allow me to avoid them at my will. I can almost hear them cussing at me through the internet.

After all that, I still have a shield knock back and a shield ability with 3 possible stuns left over.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

A few tips I have found, particularly with some of the advice you are getting here:

1) As has been said, use a vigor build to help you dodge more often. However, be aware that you will NOT be able to dodge all their CC. A hammer/mace+shield warrior has many CCs including knockback/knockdown/daze/stuns.

2) Use your blinds to reduce pressure on you, allowing your vigor to bring your end up and your stun breaks to get off CD.

3) I suggest having 2 stun breaks, though I know that’s not easy to get into all builds.

4) If (like me) you use a lot of knockback, be aware that they have a huge uptime for their stability. Very difficult to time a BOB, but if you keep an eye on them you could get a shield KB to push them back once in a while. It’s almost more trouble than it is worth really, because it will distract you.

5) If you have bomb/pistol, try to land a confusion bomb on them before hitting your static. You need to blind them anyway, so stacking 8 confusions on them is worth doing while you are at it.

6) Remember they can get 5 secs of unblockable skills, so it’s a waste of time blocking unless they’ve popped that already.

7) If you have EG, use your dart as a filler rather than your pistol. You probably do this anyway, but it’s worth remembering it puts a weakness on them, which can lower the damage they can get onto you.

8) For me, their most problematic move is from the mace, not the hammer. I never see the knockdown/daze coming and it cannot be escaped once it has landed. Here, your only tools are blind, to stop it landing in the first place, or protection traits to mitigate it a bit.

9) Healing can be difficult against these, because interrupting is part of their game. One tactic is to lay down something that will make them try to block, then hit your heal while they are blocking. BOB is one option, but that’s kinda interruptable itself.

(edited by Cribbage.2056)

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

this, a thousand times this.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Hammer wariors

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Five Guages’ power engi build is pretty good for team fights (as long as the Warrior hasn’t popped stability). Pull the warrior into your team as you’re moving on the point, circle Slick Shoes around him, then proceed to dps the poop out of him. 1v1 is a bit tricky for me so far. A condi build would probably do better. Also (and surprisingly) turrets 1v1 lock down Warriors pretty hard since they usually don’t have enough stunbreaks to get out of all your cc. The thing that sucks about that one is turrets in a team fight are bad. This might be fixed once turrets attack your target, we’ll have to see.

\

With my set-up, you can become a CC warrior’s hardest match-up by playing dirty.

Playing dirty:

• Flat out run at key points in the fight to deny the windows where you can’t stop the warrior.
  • Play extremely defensely, IE: do not get closer than 700 range while stability is up. Doesn’t matter if the point gets neutral. Or even capped, as long as the warrior’s about to die – you can just instantly re-neutral it.
  • If you are ever going to die to a warrior, it’s going to be when stability is up, and you can’t pry him off you. Keep this in mind.
  • Treat berserker stance as stability when your overcharge shot is down, and you depend on a net or chill hitting.
  • As soon as Stability goes down, wait for a dodge then overcharge shot. This is like, a must-land move.

If you learn how to do these things, the Warrior is not going to kill you. Once you outlast the massively cooldown based Warrior, you can easily beat him down. Or absolutely decimate him with Supply Crate. It all depends on how well you can hold your own against an enemy that has a huge, but limited advantage.

Alternatively, if you went soldiers, you’d probably not have to run as much. But if you can make up for it with a playstyle change, yet have great teamfight pressure, I think berserker is the way to go.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh