Hammer

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: coffex.5196

coffex.5196

Considering the current implemented weapons, don’t you guys think too that the hammer would fit the engineer perfectly.

I can imagine a power based and steampunk themed melee weapon in the form of a hammer.

Imagine the skillset as something along these lines:

Skill #1 (3-hit chain)
Calibrating Blow 1/2sec
Hit foes infront of you to ready your systems.

Loaded Blow 1sec
Unload your charged hammer with a massive strike to the ground damaging foes around you.

Aftershock 1/4sec
Emit remaining force through the hammer-head’s nozzle accelerating it to the ground.

Animation would be a horizontal swing, followed by a charged hit to the ground (think autohit #3 of guardian hammer) and a very quick strike to the ground shortly after raising the hammer slightly.

It would punish interrupting the autochain like most other melee-weapons because the main damage comes from the last hits.

Skill #2
Staggered Drill 3/4sec 10sec CD
Activate 6 microrockets in your hammer shaft, forcing you forward with rapid succession and damaging foes in your path.

Range: 300
Number of Hits: 6

Skill #3
Explosive Smash 1sec 15sec CD
Equip hour hammer with explosives which detonate by impact damaging nearby foes.

Combo-finisher: Explosion

Skill #4 1/2sec 15sec CD
Static Tearing
Overload your hammer with a strong current. Dazing nearby foes and rip through their defense.

Vulnerability: 8 stacks for 10 seconds to nearby foes
Daze: 1 second to nearby foes

Skill #5
Greek Fire 3/4sec 25sec CD
Smash your saltpeter coated hammer into the ground, covering the area in flames. The initial explosion burns and blinds nearby foes. Foes within the area keep getting burned.

Radius: 120
Duration: 5seconds
Combo-field: Fire
Blind: 3 seconds
Burn (6 times): 1 second

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

Oohhhhh interesting…..

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Considering the current implemented weapons, don’t you guys think too that the hammer would fit the engineer perfectly.

I can imagine a power based and steampunk themed melee weapon in the form of a hammer.

Imagine the skillset as something along these lines:

Skill #1 (3-hit chain)
Calibrating Blow 1/2sec
Hit foes infront of you to ready your systems.

Loaded Blow 1sec
Unload your charged hammer with a massive strike to the ground damaging foes around you.

Aftershock 1/4sec
Emit remaining force through the hammer-head’s nozzle accelerating it to the ground.

Animation would be a horizontal swing, followed by a charged hit to the ground (think autohit #3 of guardian hammer) and a very quick strike to the ground shortly after raising the hammer slightly.

It would punish interrupting the autochain like most other melee-weapons because the main damage comes from the last hits.

Skill #2
Staggered Drill 3/4sec 10sec CD
Activate 6 microrockets in your hammer shaft, forcing you forward with rapid succession and damaging foes in your path.

Range: 300
Number of Hits: 6

Skill #3
Explosive Smash 1sec 15sec CD
Equip hour hammer with explosives which detonate by impact damaging nearby foes.

Combo-finisher: Explosion

Skill #4 1/2sec 15sec CD
Static Tearing
Overload your hammer with a strong current. Dazing nearby foes and rip through their defense.

Vulnerability: 8 stacks for 10 seconds to nearby foes
Daze: 1 second to nearby foes

Skill #5
Greek Fire 3/4sec 25sec CD
Smash your saltpeter coated hammer into the ground, covering the area in flames. The initial explosion burns and blinds nearby foes. Foes within the area keep getting burned.

Radius: 120
Duration: 5seconds
Combo-field: Fire
Blind: 3 seconds
Burn (6 times): 1 second

Absolutely love it , out of all the hammer specs i seen i have to say this one seems quite thought out and logical in some fashion but the hardest part you have left is finding the correct spectrum of damage of each skill.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: coffex.5196

coffex.5196

Oohhhhh interesting…..

I understand that these kinda things pop up every now and then, but showing interest keeps the forums active and might even give developers a few ideas.

Absolutely love it , out of all the hammer specs i seen i have to say this one seems quite thought out and logical in some fashion but the hardest part you have left is finding the correct spectrum of damage of each skill.

I was thinking about the damage a lot and came to a conclusion like:

Autoattack chain comparable to greatsword autoattack DPS of warriors (it’s not very high and encourages the use of other skills). Since the 2nd and 3rd hit are the main action here it would be important to not interrupt the chain too soon.

Skill #2 would be a decent DPS boost whenever used, especially against a wall/object so all hits connect easily. Should be about the damage of greatsword #3 of warriors.

Skill #3 could be slightly above hammer #2 of guardians because of the bigger recharge and missing leap motion.

Skill #4 isn’t about damage at all, so low damage.

Skill #5 is more about the combofield so i would compare it to a smaller version of the adrenalin skill of the bow.

The damage would be through skill #2 and #3 in combinition with F2-F4, while the auto attack would provide decent base DPS.

For traits i would work it into explosives and tools. Especially the bomb/grenade specific trait could involve the hammer aswell. Trait IX (turrets explode) could be removed and 20% cooldown reduction and a special effect for hammer could be added as a trait.

(edited by coffex.5196)

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

If that skillset was implemented and Hammer added I would never move out of that weapon for style alone.

Awesome suggestion.

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

agreed +5. great suggestion

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Stevens.2791

Stevens.2791

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that we are getting the hammer weapon. It was from a “future of Guild Wars 2” article with Colin Johanson and this was an example of what to expect in the long term. I don’t have the source though : /

– Son, I’m gonna blow that dumb look right off your stupid face. -

Hammer

in Engineer

Dustfinger.9510

here it is: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/7597/Guild-Wars-2-ArenaNets-Master-Plan-for-2013.html

I’ve seen some try to dismiss the article saying that Colin just assumes that, because it wasn’t in the source a-net put out. But with careful reading, we see colin bullet points a-nets source and then goes on to explain everything he discussed with a-net in a phone interview. In that phone interview he reports that anet informed hi mthat they are working very hard to get all weapons for all classes.

that said, OP’s post was very well thought out for the implementation. Not just a wishlist of what they want. great job

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Stevens.2791

Stevens.2791

“What’s more is that the team is also working very kitten finding a way to make it so that every profession has access to every weapon and their own weapon skills for those previously locked weapons. Engineer plus Hammer? Check. Again, there’s no specific timeline for this, but a new progression system is coming.” – from the article.

So we progress somehow to unlock or earn the weapon? Either way sounds pretty concrete to me

*edit: lolz, the word h.ard is considered a swear word!

– Son, I’m gonna blow that dumb look right off your stupid face. -

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Skill #4 1/2
Glued Hammer(or something like that)
1s cast time, 20s CD, 600 range
1s daze

Throw a glued hammer at your foe, dazing on hit.

Skill #4 2/2
Magnetic pull / Magnetic overload / whatever
Instant cast, 600 range

Overload your magnet, pulling back your hammer along with the foe it hit.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Here’s a thought also, how about having hammer strikes that ‘touch’ a turret energizes it, giving a slight boost to its primary effect? From some of the skills. A sort of reflecting on the nature of the hammer as opposed to the tool weapon.

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Optiox.3276

Optiox.3276

This is not Torchlight 2. Good try.

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Optiox.3276

Optiox.3276

You are going to want a Rocket launcher next i bet. I been playing engineer, only level 21 now, but it seems like a class that just does not know what it wants to do, or be. Having fun with it tho.

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

Love auto chain and the explosive ability as well as the vulnerability stacker but i think that the number 2 needs to be a leap and 5 we should get that torment leap that scarlet has with the shockwave after it i like my mobility

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

I don’t understand why anyone would want a melee weapon on the engi, could someone explain it?

I mean we have the tool kit, it sucks, would a hammer be much better? And if it would because of better skills why not just redo the tool kit skills.

I don’t really understand what function it would serve that isn’t already done by thieves, warriors or guardians and isn’t done better by them.

Hammer

in Engineer

Dustfinger.9510

Tool kit is a must have in certain builds.

but the reason people want them is because different weapons accommodate different play styles. And all melee isn’t equal. Just look at your examples of rogues, warriors and guardians.

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Zach.7203

Zach.7203

I don’t understand why anyone would want a melee weapon on the engi, could someone explain it?

I mean we have the tool kit, it sucks, would a hammer be much better? And if it would because of better skills why not just redo the tool kit skills.

I don’t really understand what function it would serve that isn’t already done by thieves, warriors or guardians and isn’t done better by them.

Do what, now? Engineers don’t melee and the tool kit ‘sucks’? O_o And here I’ve been having a tremendously smashing good time making things explode and melt in melee range with the tool kit and bombs.

Engineers melee quite effectively, thank you very much; and I for one would absolutely love a dedicated melee weapon set to go along with this playstyle. While firing shotgun-style attacks at mobs in melee range certainly works, and there’s not too much about which to complain with the rifle in general, a hammer would feel so much more natural.

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

“What’s more is that the team is also working very kitten finding a way to make it so that every profession has access to every weapon and their own weapon skills for those previously locked weapons. Engineer plus Hammer? Check. Again, there’s no specific timeline for this, but a new progression system is coming.” – from the article.

So we progress somehow to unlock or earn the weapon? Either way sounds pretty concrete to me

*edit: lolz, the word h.ard is considered a swear word!

Hey ANet, rambo bow please (grenade kit without the wrist strain)

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I think Tool Kit would get some more love if ANet reworked how they do shield skills in this game. The skills are stopping us from doing attacks anyways, so why not allow us to hold the shield up over extended periods rather than give us a 3 second window and then a forced cooldown?

Heck, they could make it cost endurance while held or blocking hits if they worry that it will be a griefing issue.

Right now i don’t much bother with shields as the opportunity cost is just way too high on a failed block.

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

New ability – Nerf Hammer

You hit the enemy with a nerf hammer!
Its super effective!

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

This has some similarities with the hammer suggestion I made a while ago, except my electrify and explosive hammer abilities were meant to work to work in concert with the basic attack and block. I admit it was a quickie, could use some more work on the basic attack especially.

• Engineer Hammer
    ‘Fix’: Apply hammer directly to problem area.
    Engine Block: Briefly block incoming damage, if you are struck, lowers the recharge of Magnetize, Electrify, and Explosivate.
    Magnetize: Magnetize your hammer, the next attack pulls your target.
    Electrify: Electrify your hammer, the next attack stuns.
    Explosivate: Rig your hammer with explosives, the next attack deals AoE damage.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

This is good stuff OP. Anet clearly could have did better when hiring the people who think this type of stuff over.

Hammer

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Forget hammer. We need an orbital ion cannon eliete.

Seriously though, not bad.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa