Have a problem with dual pistol

in Engineer

Posted by: IcyTeaLemon.4610

IcyTeaLemon.4610

Hello guys i just starte playing an engineer. I have a problem with dual pistol. I equip dual pistol when i shoot to an enemy its only one pistol shooting. Off hand pistol dont doing anything. :/

in Engineer

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

The off hand pistol will only be used for the off hand skills (skills 4 and 5).

So use blowtorch or glue shot and the off hand pistol will do something.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Engineer

Posted by: IcyTeaLemon.4610

IcyTeaLemon.4610

its not fair man. If one pistol will shoot then im gonna play with rifle or something. Its two hand and better damage than pistol. wth i didnt understand anything. Please someone explain this

in Engineer

Posted by: magical giant.8650

magical giant.8650

wouldnt it be cool if arena net applied the cowboy style of shooting to the pistols aswell, I mean we already use our rifle from the hip so why not go for the same theme with our pistols. Imagine how cool it would be if the off-hand pistol was hanging by the belt and only when we use 4, 5 we sling it up, shoot and blow the smoke from the barrel and hang it right back on the belt

“Existing Isn’t A Crime!” Franky – One Piece

in Engineer

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

its not fair man. If one pistol will shoot then im gonna play with rifle or something. Its two hand and better damage than pistol. wth i didnt understand anything. Please someone explain this

Pistols generally are NOT about direct damage. They hit somewhere between a wet noodle and a pillow in this regard. Instead, use them in condition builds, or hybrids.

Look what you have at your disposal; bleeds, blind, confusion, burning (serious burning to!) and aoe immobilize.

If you want to spec for power, run rifle.

Engineer only has 3 weapons. Pistol, shield and rifle. The fun is in the kits!

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Rifle auto-attack does more damage, sure. But it’s a control weapon. Aside from its auto, there’s nothing else to deal damage at range. Pistol though, will spread all its conditions at range and then hit like a burning truck close up with #4.

Also, 2h weps aren’t necessarily better than 1h, since you can only equip 1 sigil on a rifle rather than 2 with P/P. That right there is why I prefer 1h weps.

If you’re just mad about aesthetics, well…can’t help you there. Personally I still think pistols look better than hip-shooting a rifle.

…The fun is in the kits!

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I avoided P/S like the plague because it was the silliest sounding thing I could think of… until I tried it.

You get to see your shield and throw it, shoot your pistol and it doesn’t look as bad as I thought it would.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

The rifle does more damage but you didn’t count that the pistol adds conditions. I will mention 3: bleeding, poison, and burning. These take damage over time – look at the small numbers popping from the enemy and sum it up.

Now maybe you know that some items focus on power and precision while others focus on condition damage and condition duration. This is how you judge the weapon and create a build.

in Engineer

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I avoided P/S like the plague because it was the silliest sounding thing I could think of… until I tried it.

You get to see your shield and throw it, shoot your pistol and it doesn’t look as bad as I thought it would.

Shield. Oh how I loves me some shield. Reflect projectiles, push thieves out of shadow refuge, blocks and dazes. If you’re using toolkit, you’ve a ton of damage mitigation. Guardian runes give you burn on every block too. When u have that setup I purposely stand inside a warriors 100b and lol.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Wish there was a direct damage kit that could match rifle and grenades for range, and plinking away with rifle gets boring.

in Engineer

Posted by: Elesh.6192

Elesh.6192

Besides, gun and shield makes you as cool as Protoman.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I think he’s gotta point, they both need to fire it’s ridiculous not to. It’s either that or finally increase their speed to somewhere near a pistols speed instead of a rifle.

Rifle is slow too doesn’t do anywhere near enough bleed for most of the shots in PVE and the range is terrible. They need to take us out of the kitten and short range category once and for all.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: notanewmethod.8267

notanewmethod.8267

its not fair man. My thief doesn’t use the offhand pistol when attacking with dagger.

its not fair man. My warrior doesn’t use the warhorn when attacking with sword.

its not fair man. My gaurdian doesn’t use shield when attacking with scepter.

wth i didnt understand anything.

Notanewmethod – Asura Engineer (p/p, Toolkit, HGH)
Mask’s WvW Build – 0 | 30 | 10 | 30 | 0 (Soldier/Carrion gear, Rabid trinkets)
B P – Human Thief (d/p – 0 | 10 | 30 | 30 | 0)

in Engineer

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

its not fair man. My thief doesn’t use the offhand pistol when attacking with dagger.

its not fair man. My warrior doesn’t use the warhorn when attacking with sword.

its not fair man. My gaurdian doesn’t use shield when attacking with scepter.

wth i didnt understand anything.

Hey… kitten-off. All of those are so easily avoided by simply leaving them as they are.

I agree with the OP on the aesthetics. I want to fire both my weapons like in a western if I had two revolvers! Looks so silly just running around using one gun while the other serves as dead-weight till I decide “Okay. Now it’s your turn to play, you get one move. But after that, it’s back to the waiting corner! YOU HEAR?!”.

For Aesthetics sake, c’mon! xD

P/P is still awesome though. I really like P/S aswell. Screw the hipshot sniper.

in Engineer

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Pistols are great damage dealers. But their damage comes mainly from conditions. I stick a sigil of earth and sigil of accuracy in your pistols and with ~1550 condition damage, I can have around 6 stacks of bleed(120dmg*6), poison(250dmg), burn(720) on you constantly. My auto attack is around 185 so add the conditions up and that’s about 1875dmg/sec. Does your rifle do that much damage [plus conditions ignore armor? Add Piercing shot trait firing into groups is deadly.