Healer engineer

Healer engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Has anyone tried to build an engineer for full support with the elixer gun and full healing power gear?

Can u tell me how the healing support is?

I heared healing power is totally useless, wanna make sure

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Healer engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: SemiProStump.1084

SemiProStump.1084

Healing power is not useless at all. The kind of engineer I play is called a Kit Cat since I use an assortment of weapon kits (med kit included). I use full apothecary armor (rare) which offers toughness, condition damage and healing power. Since my healing power is higher than my condition damage I use superior runes of the undead to compensate for the difference. The suit alone alone with a decent support build allows me to not only keep myself up but the party as well.

The reason I use apothecary armor is to maximize bleeds and poisons while my med kit and super elixir from the elixir gun make up the healing. As for a weapon it’s personal preference but I use a rifle since I usually do WvsW on a somewhat regular basis.

Here’s the build I use for my engie:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcIQFAUl0pqbn1SiF17IyIFf2oFShEefgeoX11dB;TcAqmMNJay2krJZTjNA

With plenty of practice you can either keep a dungeon party or a WvsW zerg up to finish the fight.

“The Pink Posse of WFD”
Guild: Waiting For Death
Server: Borlis Pass

Healer engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: jlneedham.8219

jlneedham.8219

would your party not benefit more if u dropped nade kit and picked up bomb kit. you could drop tools down to 10 points just picking up speedy kits and put the remaining 10 into inventions to pick up elixir infused bombs. Just a thought u may have already tried this.

Healer engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Flaunz.5273

Flaunz.5273

I spent tons of gold yesterday to buy full apothecary exotic (only thing I still need are good trinkets) and will hopefully be ready to fully test it in wvw oday

I will run with pistol/shield though (you are relying on cond dmg → pistol, and shield is better control in zergs and that’s where I wanna turn the tide) and healing bombs (also some good ones for cond dmg here) instead of grenades.
then elixir gun together with kit refinement for an additional super elixir,
runes of altruism for might share with med kit aand prolly elixir R or S, will see about that.

I can post my full build once Im done testing and then I will hopefully also be able to say that it’s viable

New Years [ICON] Engineer
Ring of Fire

Healer engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: jlneedham.8219

jlneedham.8219

been debating on what to run in wvw. im not geared by any means for anything havnt had much time to play lately just experimented a A LOT out in the mists. Im trying to get good with Tankcat, but i run heal bombs and EG alot on spvp and want to use it to solo roam with EG bombkit and toolkit, just not sure it would be viable.

Healer engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

There are a few choices for engineers who run healing gear in PvE, although I wouldn’t know what works best in WvW. You can max out alchemy and run conditions builds, maybe include flamethrower if you’re willing to max out firearms. You could also run a healing bombs build. One thing to keep in mind though, is that some of the things engineers are best at is staking vulnerability, staking aoe regen, and blast finishers. I’ve noticed that this game is very mobile, so the best utility an engineer can give a team isn’t straight up heals. This is because our healing fields are weak, long lived and static.
So our best utilities end up being our aoe combos and crowd control.

I prefer healing bombs, recently its for the utility they have with regards to combo fields and blast finishers. I run 30/0/30/0/10 in full cleric with runes of dwayna, and my skills are healing turret, grenade kit, bomb kit, and elixir gun.

My build doesn’t give you the best survivability (that’s reserved for healers that max out alchemy) but it makes you tanky and gives you utility. Depending on what you tackle, you might tank with healing bombs or support with grenade vulnerability stacking. The elixir gun is just there for a cleanse, or a double super elixir in a tight spot.

The combo fields this build gives are many. Bomb kit alone gives you a fire field, a smoke field, and a blast finisher, while healing turret has a water field and elixir gun gives an air field. So how I usually synergize these together is to go bomb kit, then big ol bomb, and either smoke bomb or fire bomb. With healing turret you get the water field and blast it right away, then super elixir and shield #4 on the air field. So I end up giving my party a lot of regen, area might, lots of blow outs, area retaliation or stealth and a load of vulnerability stacking.

It’s a lot to pull off. Some times I screw up a combo field and leave myself wide open to be downed by a big boss, but if I pull it off I feel like I’m vital to my party. I think it’s like this for a lot of engineers. You have to scramble a great deal and use a variety of abilities to be a little useful, yet If you make mistakes you’re the weak link in the chain.