Healing Bombs WITH Medical Dispersion Field

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

My idea is to add Elixir Infused Bombs to the Medical Dispersion field that doesn’t get the job quite done. It would be 2 skills in one and definitely help give Engineer a more unique way of healing people. What do you think? I am posting this because I used to run full Cleric’s and EIB and it was really pro. Hope is to modify the skill so that I get some more healing on top of the Medical Dispersion Field. This actually is starting to sound like the true healsplosion.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I wouldn’t want these 2 to be combined. The problem with Medical Dispersion Field is it’s ICD (my opinion). If you give Elixir Infused Bombs to it, it would mean to get 12% more healing from one healing bomb, then the trait goes on 5s cooldown.

The better option for me is to just remove the ICD from the trait or raise the healing a lot. With the ICD the trait will trigger at a random low heal and go on CD without the chance to get the extra heal from a really worthy heal like triggered A.E.D.

But it seems it is problematic to code. 2 engineers with MDF could max the heal really hard and I guess Anet has no way to make it that heal from MDF isn’t triggering the MDF of another engineer…

(edited by Kodama.6453)

in Engineer

paladinecho.3024

Who says that healing bombs had to be an activator for the skill? They could leave out the activator and keep the bombs.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Taking the trait’s ICD down to 0.5 seconds would be adequate for preventing an MDF feedback loop between two Engineers, while making it spread out virtually all healing received by the Engineer. It would certainly be interesting to see Elixir-Infused Bombs integrated into it, though I’m not sure if that’d be overboard or not if the bomb healing itself makes it to allies, as well.

However it plays out, I just want Elixir-Infused Bombs back.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Taking the trait’s ICD down to 0.5 seconds would be adequate for preventing an MDF feedback loop between two Engineers, while making it spread out virtually all healing received by the Engineer.

Actually it wouldn’t solve the problem, but it would get better a lot. It still wouldn’t spread each heal, let’s say I’m using Super Elixir (elixir gun 5) and Elixir Shell (mortar 5). The heal will tick each second at the same time, so the ICD (even the 0,5s) would refuse to spread both healing to allies.

Really big problem to get this trait as that what it should be. =/ I want this to work out really bad, but actually the trait isn’t worth it’s GM place.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

A little lower than 0.5 seconds, then. XD So long as it has an ICD of any sort, it’ll stave off feedback loops. Or, they could find some way to code it so that the trait simply can’t feed into the same trait on someone else. Not as easy of a fix, but a fix nonetheless.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

I think it should be like those traits where you give like 150 power to nearby allies or 150 precision, toughness, etc, but with this trait, its increased healing received by 15% to allies nearby.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Welp, if it is indeed a technical limitation that prevents A-net from preventing infinite MDF-feedback between 2 engis, then the trait should get redesigned all together.

the new trait should spread 33% of all heals the engineer applies on himself to up to 5 allies so all heals which are flagged with the same player as source. Including – but not exclusively – regeneration, backpack regenerator, super-elixir ticks & similar stuff.
& then this trait should get merged with backpack-regenerator in Alchemy. Why? Because backpack regenerator is one of the few traits who did not get any improvement from the specializations-patch & would fit perfectly with MDF’s suggested new mechanic.

The now empty spot in Inventions should EITHER become ye olde Elixir Infused bombs, but updated to proc on mines / mortar / takedown round / rocket as well. I’d even go so far that it works also with nades, but only applies 1/3rd of the normal heal per nade, OR become a trait that gives us more utility. F.E. ye olde cloaking device that now gives us stealth when we use a healing skill (medkit F1), or a trait that transmutes the next incoming cc into 5 stacks of stability for 5 sec with 15sec ICD.
Maybe even a trait that gives us a unique, pulsing buff that would increase our/allies toughness & vitality by 50 per pulse. It would stack up to 5 times & make us even more valuable as supporter.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

in Engineer

paladinecho.3024

Right now I am still trying to come up with a reason to wear Full Cleric’s armor again. This is the closest thing that I have found to fix me wanting to go full Cleric’s. Alot of these other things aren’t very appealing and point me back towards wearing zerker, rabid, or celestial gear.

Some of these ideas are suprisingly very useful. Im starting to like the awesome ideas about the situation. Just hoping we can grab ANET’s attention to the broken healing of engi and hopefully get something done.

I really desire Elixir Infused Bombs because I’d like to show people the reason as to why they were so good and some winning combat with it. I just want another chance to show video of the success rate that it had rather than just throwing out the idea because others think its bad.