Healing Turret troubles in WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Jester.1236

Jester.1236

Hello Engineers

I’m really wanting to use Healing Turret in WvW. I love the access to the water field. But as a personal heal for myself. I’m finding it very lacking for healing myself. I usually drop it, and then overcharge it, then detonate it. But when moving with the commander this heal feels very clunky.

I’ve thought about trying to stack regen on my Engineer so I wouldn’t rely on the actual heal as much. With backpack regenerator and mango pie I have decent regen, but not enough to keep me up most of the times.

Any advice you guys can give me on the turret?

in Engineer

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I feel exactly the same, I see other Engi’s using it but the self heal feels very weak, maybe I am not using it right either!

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

Not sure if you realise this but if you double tap 6 (or whatever bind you have for heal) quickly enough you can heal on the move.

The Blast Finisher from Detonate also originates at the Engineer’s Feet, _not centred upon the Turret, so even when you’re burning gap closers and you yourself are within the 480 radius of the Field when Detonate is triggered you should still receive the Area Healing.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

in Engineer

MonMalthias.4763

Hello Engineers

I’m really wanting to use Healing Turret in WvW. I love the access to the water field. But as a personal heal for myself. I’m finding it very lacking for healing myself. I usually drop it, and then overcharge it, then detonate it. But when moving with the commander this heal feels very clunky.

I’ve thought about trying to stack regen on my Engineer so I wouldn’t rely on the actual heal as much. With backpack regenerator and mango pie I have decent regen, but not enough to keep me up most of the times.

Any advice you guys can give me on the turret?

Actually you know what here’s a video by Teldo on the matter. It will answer all your questions, and more.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

in Engineer

Posted by: Jester.1236

Jester.1236

Wow thanks a ton guys!

in Engineer

MonMalthias.4763