Healing with bombs - poer or healing power?

in Engineer

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

Q:

I use a healing-with-bombs build (Inventions XI) and would like to know what attribute increases the healing power of my bombs.
I heard 2 different theories:
- power attribute increases the healing power of boms
- healing power attribute increases the healing power of bombs
What is correct?
Power would suit my build better.

in Engineer

Posted by: Flaunz.5273

Flaunz.5273

It’s healing power only and it doesnt scale well so at about 1400 healing you will still only do ~300 bomb heals as opposed to 1xx with 0 healing power.

New Years [ICON] Engineer
Ring of Fire

in Engineer

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

Think of it less as healing with bombs, and more as bombs that also heal. Go power. Damage is king.

in Engineer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

What i do with my “healing” bombs is i go with Clerics armor (healing, toughness/power), and then go 30 explosions, 30 inventions and make sure to grab the 5% toughness —> power, i end up with ~3.2k attack damage or so in sPvP, and my bombs heal for ~300 a bomb, makes it REALLY nice for bombing points, because my boms are hitting hard and i’m pretty sturdy from all the armor and healing.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Engineer

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

I find this cleric set really awsome for support heal.
You get 10% of healing power as power and 5% thoughness as power (traits)
You have good DPS power with bombs and spamming 300+ heals (larger explosion radius) can be really nice healing.

Med kits heal for 1800+ instead of 1000 with full healing power. Also there is this awsome superior rune wich grants 3 stacks of might + fury for nearby players every 10-15 sec while all you have to do is grab med kit and stow it again in like 0.5 sec work.

I really love this build, full support/heal for your team and still awsome dps power from bombing. Also high thoughness makes you awsome to stand next to the tanks or even be the tank while bombing your target. Using pistol/shield mode ofc and trait for +10% dmg from explosions also add nicely.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I find this cleric set really awsome for support heal.
You get 10% of healing power as power and 5% thoughness as power (traits)
You have good DPS power with bombs and spamming 300+ heals (larger explosion radius) can be really nice healing.

Med kits heal for 1800+ instead of 1000 with full healing power. Also there is this awsome superior rune wich grants 3 stacks of might + fury for nearby players every 10-15 sec while all you have to do is grab med kit and stow it again in like 0.5 sec work.

I really love this build, full support/heal for your team and still awsome dps power from bombing. Also high thoughness makes you awsome to stand next to the tanks or even be the tank while bombing your target. Using pistol/shield mode ofc and trait for +10% dmg from explosions also add nicely.

Right, even though bombs don’t scale that well with healing power, going full cleric’s is not a bad idea. The med kit bandages get the scaling of regular healing skills, which is way, way better than the scaling on secondary healing skills. If you’re planning on taking a ton of healing skills and being full party-support, cleric’s isn’t bad at all.

If you’re just adding healing to a bomber-dps build, no amount of healing power will make a noticeable difference.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anodyne.1549

Anodyne.1549

The issue I would have is the lack of on-demand swiftness. With the way vets run dungeons and wvw these days, I don’t see how one would ever keep up with the group using this build. What am I missing?

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

You can pour all your stats in healing and never double the heal from it. You can pour those same stats into Power and quadruple the damage. (bit of an exaggeration)

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

I found a good mix to be soldier armor (coglin’s advice) and cleric’s trinkets. Haven’t tried it the other way around but I have to say that I enjoy the extra life it provides. I know healing bombs don’t scale that well with healing power, but med-kit sure is great with cleric trinkets.