Heart of thorns engineer

Heart of thorns engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Southerncarl.2740

Southerncarl.2740

Just bought heart of thorns. I’m looking for a good build for general leveling in heart of thorns. Can anyone recommend. I’m running dual pistols condition build at the moment from core game. I can imagine its outdated now.

Heart of thorns engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Zizeff.7423

Zizeff.7423

Na you will be fine with that but if you want to spice things up a bit have a look at metabattle engi builds and use them as guides for your condi play style .

Heart of thorns engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

use rocket boots and streamlined kits. take firearms and explosives as your other specs, they give more condi damage things. firearms first. explosives when you have 3 spec slots.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Heart of thorns engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I’m running dual pistols condition build at the moment from core game. I can imagine its outdated now.

No, it isn’t. I have Scrapper unlocked but I don’t like it. Still running P/P core Engi with kits and it works perfectly.

Heart of thorns engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Daklo.6532

Daklo.6532

The scrapper specialization doesn’t contribute anything to a condi engineer, but the HoT added a new stat that is essential for condineers; vipers. It gives you expertise which increases the duration of your conditions and therefore gives more damage.

But because you want a build to level up in HoT, I’d recommend you actually use the scrapper build, it can be alot of fun to spice up the gameplay a bit.
The build I usually use in open world:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncTBFpiVXBmXB0ehlJji+vz7AXsZKgA474WunD-TxBBABCu/AEXAgKV/JPdAA8AAOTJIWK/AA-e

It’s:
- Full berserker gear (you can get berserker armor very easily in verdant brink).
- Traveler runes for increased boon duration and 25% movement speed.
- A hammer with accuracy and air sigils.
- Traits;
– Scrapper: Mid, Bot, Bot (gives alot of quickness).
– Alchemy: Top, Mid, Top (gives more boon duration and tons of might and defense).
– Explosion: Bot, Mid, Bot (more damage and awesome dodge rolls).
- Skills;
– Elixir H (more boons, condi removal, 20 sec cooldown).
– Bulwark Gyro (More defense, and most importantly reflect on toolbelt).
– Elixir B (more boons, most importantly fury, condi removal).
– Elixir U (more quickness, stun break, condi removal, more reflect on toolbelt).
– Mortar (blind field, skill 5 heals and gives more might).

Whit this build, you will have TONS of boons, condi removal, damage, and reflects, you are basically a huge brawler who constantly injects steroids. Breakbars is your only weak part, but you can deal with it with Hammer 5 and then Hammer 3 for 2x dazing strikes and then use the frost field on mortar.

I hope you find the build handy, those reflects comes in real handy in the HoT maps, especially against those Bristlebacks.