Heavy Up the Engineer (Yes, another one)

in Engineer

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

The only reason I’d agree on the Engi being Heavy is due to the complete lack of Condition effective professions in the Heavy tier atm. Does it need to be Engi? No, but if it had to be one of the current, Engi would fit best before another would take its place.
The damage reduction coming from armor is a bit moot and minimal from medium to heavy. (I think the difference between light and heavy is only 15% if I recall.)

Aesthetically however, both armor types fit the role so I see no reason for there to be a switch in that regard.

As for tools and weapon additions, too much of a problem. Unless they were entirely reworked. Which is too much effort and would cause alot of needless rage for a class that (in my opinion) is pretty fine to begin with.

Some nice ideas, but not something I think the game truly needs at this point.

Duty is heavier than death.

in Engineer

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I think there should be more medium armors designed for charr, heavy-looking and engi like, without exhaggerating much. Engineers are pretty tough guys and survival-oriented, after all!

But again… the charr! Think of the charr!XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Engineer

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

To heck with the charr. I think humans should retake Ascalon and have all charr deported to the Ring of Fire Islands. No ship though; they have to swim.

in Engineer

redslion.9675

To heck with the charr. I think humans should retake Ascalon and have all charr deported to the Ring of Fire Islands. No ship though; they have to swim.

Just thank your puny gods your meat tastes like crap, or we would have finished the job with you LONG ago.XD

in Engineer

Arkham Creed.7358

Just thank your puny gods your meat tastes like crap, or we would have finished the job with you LONG ago.XD

History lesson:

The charr encounter the Titans, and are enslaved.
Humans encounter the Titans, and destroy them.

The charr encounter the Destroyers and foolishly worship them.
Humans encounter the Destroyers and kill their queen.

The charr lose the ancient symbol of their ruler and remain unable to get it back for two hundred years.
Humans manage to get back the symbol of the ancient char ruler in a week.

The only thing the charr can do reliably is get themselves into messes the humans have to clean up.

in Engineer

redslion.9675

History lesson:

The charr lose the ancient symbol of their ruler and remain unable to get it back for two hundred years.

The only thing the charr can do reliably is get themselves into messes the humans have to clean up.

That was the flame legion.

Now foolish human engineers are playing with Charr toys.XD

in Engineer

Arkham Creed.7358

History lesson:

And the flame legion completely dominated the charr for hundreds of years. Thus the flame legion is superior to the other charr legions. And do you know who is superior to the flame legion? Humans. After all you would have never been able to “rebel” against them had it not been for mankind weakening them so much and rescuing your savior from captivity.

in Engineer

redslion.9675

History lesson:

And the flame legion completely dominated the charr for hundreds of years. Thus the flame legion is superior to the other charr legions. And do you know who is superior to the flame legion? Humans. After all you would have never been able to “rebel” against them had it not been for mankind weakening them so much and rescuing your savior from captivity.

Well, USED to be superior, as you USED to be superior.

You should show respect to the race that invented your profession.XD

in Engineer

Arkham Creed.7358

History lesson:

I run an elixir build, so that means I should be respecting the hylek, correct? Or perhaps the asura because they’ve been engineering a lot longer than charr. Either way you should show some respect to the race that invented cannons, and possibly gun powder (although I think that was the dwarves).

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/5/58/Siege_Turtle.jpg

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Oh god… Canthan expansion… new elite skill… Summon Siege Turtle… I just got tingles of excitement for something that will never happen. XD

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

redslion.9675

History lesson:

I run an elixir build, so that means I should be respecting the hylek, correct? Or perhaps the asura because they’ve been engineering a lot longer than charr. Either way you should show some respect to the race that invented cannons, and possibly gun powder (although I think that was the dwarves).

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/5/58/Siege_Turtle.jpg

Humans already look cool. We want to do that too!

And if not, our warmachines are bigger than yours :P

in Engineer

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

It’s infuriating that Braham’s heavy armor skin looks like THAT, while I still get stuck with nothing but coats.

in Engineer

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Basing this request on the assumption that new classes will be added is a HUGE leap. I think it’s pretty clear that ANet realizes one of the things that drove GW1 off the management tracks was when they started adding new classes to the mix and I’m not so sure they haven’t learned their lesson and WON’T be releasing new classes (thus 8 classes being available at launch).

This isn’t going to happen even if you had 20 bullet-proof reasons to do it.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

bumping. keep this on front page. Engineer is a soldier profession.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Right. This is the only response I’m making this time: If you’re a newcomer to the thread, read it. The whole thread, I mean. Especially the first post.

I really didn’t mean to make such a necro-able thread, either. Hm.

in Engineer

Posted by: petespri.6548

petespri.6548

Engineer is not a soldier profession.

However, none of the adventurer professions are at high health pools. Engineer should have the same base HP as a Warrior and Necro to match the more “durable” feel that the engineer feel should have. They you would have thief with low HP, Ranger with Medium, and Engineer with High (instead of medium).

Heavy Armor is NOT something that they should get. You aren’t creating inventions and gadgets in plate; it’s too restrictive. Leather/mail is much more class-fitting.

in Engineer

Lightsbane.9012

However, none of the adventurer professions are at high health pools. Engineer should have the same base HP as a Warrior and Necro to match the more “durable” feel that the engineer feel should have. They you would have thief with low HP, Ranger with Medium, and Engineer with High (instead of medium).

Heavy Armor is NOT something that they should get. You aren’t creating inventions and gadgets in plate; it’s too restrictive. Leather/mail is much more class-fitting.

it isn’t? really now….because almost every iron legion engineer is using ‘plate’

in Engineer

Posted by: Criselli.7462

Criselli.7462

Considering one of my engineers has over 3400 armor I find her to be very durable.

Aiyli 80 Necro, Aista & Criselli 80 Mesmers
Aîsta & Çriselli 80 engies, Zeira Blackstar 80 Grd Meloryn 80 Ran, Vexri Crisellista 80 War
Server: Kaineng

in Engineer

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

-1 to the idea from me. You do have other options besides kits, you have elixirs, and gadgets. Both of which are very very good. Oh yeah and you have turrets, which I don’t use, but they can also be good. (I do like healing turret however)

I do think engi deserves another weapon though. Hammer has been mentioned often.

I would stop playing engi if it was changed to heavy armor. It would ruin the feel and play of the class. I’m already tankier than guardians and warriors, I don’t want them to nerf me. Which is what they would have to do if they gave engis heavy armor.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Engineer

Lightsbane.9012

you make a nice point about the mail part. like, why is chain not an armor type? could’ve been a go-between for plate and leather

in Engineer

Arkham Creed.7358

you make a nice point about the mail part. like, why is chain not an armor type? could’ve been a go-between for plate and leather

Because chain is a skin for heavy armor.