Help me fall in love again......

in Engineer

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

Hey there hoping for some help. In beta and for first 3 months I played engie exclusively, found thief and never went back. After my last break from the game I was so disappointed in the thief I’m ready to go back to my original desired class, but only one problem…….I AM HORRIBLE!!

I don’t remember it being this rough but i’m definitely clueless on how to do this. I was curious if some now would be willing to chat with me in game and walk me through the class a bit.

I’m am really liking grenades atm but I have no clue weather to go for a condi build or a power build or somewhere in the middle? Do I need healing power or tough/vit? I am as clueless as a virgin on prom night! Any help would be great!

Message me in game or here on forums. Thanks in advance!

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight

in Engineer

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

dont worry you are not alone

pre-HOT i was focus on playing condi engineer where i could dish out 20k burn damaging

after HOT im playing healing druid and i cant get back to my engineer !

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Wahoo!

May I ask you if you are talking about PvE, WvW or PvP? Also are you playing on EU or NA?

Greez!
- Ziggy

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

May I ask you if you are talking about PvE, WvW or PvP? Also are you playing on EU or NA?

Is there anything other than WvW in GW2? I play on Furg Crossing NA server EST. Thanks

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

For 90% of the players there is yes :P I’m a pure PvE player so I can’t help you out here. But from what I’ve heared from WvW players these days, it’s that they are very unhappy with the current WvW – apparently it’s kinda dead :/

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Some things worth noting imo:

Want to play with nades? => explosive traitline (grenadier)
want to play condi/hybrid? => firearms traitline (incendiary powder) (firearms also has a -20% recharge rate in rifle skills)
inventions is good for => +25% movement speed, heal skill off cooldown at 25% health, smoke bomb, -20% shield skill recharge reduction
alchemy => self regulating defenses,hidden flask, HGH, protection injection, best traitline for condi cleanses (alchemical tinctures + transmute) (i never build without this traitline)
tools=>power wrench, -15% recharge rate on toolbelt skills, perma swiftness, +50% endurance regen
scrapper=> you need this traitline if you want to play with hammer (or gyros). Hammer builds generally perform the best i think (easy to play). You can make viable WvW roaming builds with all weapon sets though.

generally:
pistol/pistol =condi
p/s= condi/hybrid
rifle= power/hybrid
hammer=power/hybrid

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Hey, you picked 2 great classes to play. My personal preference on engi is power rifle, I love the style and like you I love my nades. (I don’t use scrapper on my character because I find it boring to play that level of opness nothing wrong with those who like it but it’s not my style)

If you want I’ll message you in game and we can try to walk you through on anything you have questions over with engi.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!