Help me pick a a condition rune.

in Engineer

Posted by: ionic.2106

ionic.2106

I am running a p/p condition build 0/30/10/30/0 I will be getting rabid armor. I can’t decide if i should get runes of the afflicted or Runes of the undead? I also am not sure if i should pick the hgh trait or the 409 trait? Would hgh be useless since i am focusing on precision and condition damage? I will be using all elixirs and tool kit. I just feel like the pistol damage just sucks so that’s why i am going all out on condition damage.

in Engineer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Considering your Toughness gain from Traits, versus Vitality? Undead, all the way, especially if you’re planning to WvW using that build. I’d also go for 409, for condition cleansing on Elixir usage. But, YMMV.
Another possible option’d be 5 Lich, 1 (other). Go for a bit more Health, and Condition Duration.

(I’m torn between straight Condi and Tankcat, for when my Norngineer hits 80. /shrug)

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Engineer

ionic.2106

How can i add condition duration, i can’t find any trinkets that have it. Should i add a bit more health through my trinkets too?

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

If you are looking for straight up more condition duration, you could go 4 Sup Runes of the Mad King, for +10% duration and +15% bleed, and then 2 Sup Runes of Lyssa for another +10% Condition Duration, making a general increase in all conditions of 20% and 35% to bleeds (and +75 Power and +25 Precision).

Honestly, runes of the undead are the way to go, as Advent said, you get additional toughness AND build more condition damage from your 6th rune. It is an epic amount of synergy, and for the record the might from HGH adds to condition damage as well. With a Condition-Thrower FT build in the mists last night I was close to 1700 condition damage from the EXACT build you are describing. With HGH and the Juggernaut trait, I was able to maintain about 9 stacks of might somewhat easily, for bleeds in the 140s and burning nearing 800.

Before you decide on your rune set, give it a test in the mists, there are a few golems to try it on. This won’t tell you what you need to know about 409, but it will give you some ideas about how the HGH and rune sets will work out for damage.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

ionic.2106

I am torn between the condition duration runes and the undead runes because with the undead i will be using the toolkit and i will really need that toughness. I will be using this in wvw and dungeons. I was thinking their are a lot of condition removers in wvw so condition damage would be best for more of a condition burst build with toughness. Are their any runes with condition duration that would go with the undead runes?

in Engineer

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

I am torn between the condition duration runes and the undead runes because with the undead i will be using the toolkit and i will really need that toughness. I will be using this in wvw and dungeons. I was thinking their are a lot of condition removers in wvw so condition damage would be best for more of a condition burst build with toughness. Are their any runes with condition duration that would go with the undead runes?

Lyssa 2/6 would be your best bet, I think. However, it’s only +10% to all condition durations. Nightmare does that too, but it takes 4/6. I personally would just stay with the Undead 6/6 in your case since you’re stacking toughness already with rabid armor. You only stand to gain with Undead. Giving up something like 200 condition damage for +10% condition duration doesn’t seem worth it in my opinion. Furthermore, burst is all about compacting your damage. Doing something like Unead 4/6 with Lyssa 2/6 would do nothing but outright lower your damage and then stretch it out. You want the one-inch punch. Go with Undead 6/6.

Also, HGH wouldn’t be a bad option since Might affects your Condition Damage as well. Just 3 stacks of might is +105 Condition Damage and those might stacks can add up like crazy (I honestly think it’s overpowered, but whatever).

(edited by Swagg.9236)

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I’d like to tell you that as short as our conditions are, it would be an error to go straight up for condition duration, a pair of Giver Weapons and a Veggie Pizza will be way enough, which means that you can concentrate on raw condition damage, and in your case, Undead runes.

If you intend to pick all Elixirs and Tool Kit then just spend 30 points on Alchemy, pick 409 and HGH. If you do so, Might duration runes would be more valuable to you as you’ll be able to gain much more condition damage this way, the Power from it is also very noticeable.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

(edited by MrForz.1953)

in Engineer

ionic.2106

Does the givers pistol 10% condition duration stack? So if i have 2 giver’s pistols will i get 20% condition duration?

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Does the givers pistol 10% condition duration stack? So if i have 2 giver’s pistols will i get 20% condition duration?

Yes, just like the duration sigils. I have to setting in my bank with sigils of smoldering ready for my Condition-Thrower build rune set to be complete.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

boon duration runes

2 water
2 monk
2 major water (or 2 lyssa)

boon duration is what makes hgh op. pistols are great condi weapons. 409 is really synergistic with lots of pots, which you are running.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions