Help with casual PVE build

in Engineer

Posted by: baxyp.2495

baxyp.2495

Ello there
Just hit 80 with my little asura engie and kinda confused …
Basically what i plan to do is map completion, world boses and events and farming ore and herbs. I dont do PVP, dungeons or fractals and 99% of the time i play alone.
While i leveled i used mostly the bomb kit and i think i cant play without it
So what am looking is a build with bomb kit BUT without granades if possible. If i understand correctly bomb kit builds are better with power/precision is that right ? Is berserker gear is i way to go or i shall try something with condition ?
Any ideas ?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

You can try mine PvE build what I am using for general pve, solo farming ect. You can easily switch grenades for something else like tool kit for example (dont forget switch grenadier trait too). perma 25 stack of might and vulnerability you will melt everything in like 2sec:-)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdQQFAUlUUpPrlYxdLseNicBNqrA6OkhR/5AszeC-TRiDABL8AAWZ/BCVCqp6PAcgAQ4ACQxFAgLlf/pjIAwBwv/G47v58zP/8zPvrP/8zP/8SBs1yI-e

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

(edited by Rozbuska.5263)

in Engineer

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

bomb kits work well with some healing stats too. A guildie had his engineer specc’d for healing (main stat is healing), and his bombs heal for around 1k per bomb, and that’s quite a lot tbh.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

bomb kits work well with some healing stats too. A guildie had his engineer specc’d for healing (main stat is healing), and his bombs heal for around 1k per bomb, and that’s quite a lot tbh.

They not even with maxed healing power bombs heal only for like 300.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

In open PvE I use:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqelUUpEr9ZxdLseRSaBNq0AqMKyQulPPhA8UA-TRRNgAnK/A0DEt/Ai6P2KBDAgAwEn4En4EnYA-e

Reasoning:
Unlike in dungeons/fractals you often don’t have other players around you, so if you get downed you often die shortly afterwards, and thus have to teleport away, run back (and maybe fight your way through again) and continue. Therefor my priority is to not get downed.

Shield offers a reflect or an additional blast finisher; imo too nice not to have. MH Pistol gives you an AoE blind. Giver because if you wanted to deal damage you would use a Rifle anyway.
Firearms III and Alchemy I to have almost constantly Vigor during fights, Tools IV to have permanent Swiftness to run around the map quicker. Alchemy IX is an almost constant little self-heal, very useful in open PvE.
Explosives III increases the radius of bombs (and mines, if you use Throw Mine instead of Grenade Kit); unlike in dungeons you can rarely stack mobs, so a bigger radius is very helpful. It also makes Bomb Kit passable for “leeching” events by quickly tagging mobs; alternatively you can use the Flame Thrower.
Explosives VIII instead of VII because in open PvE I rather be able to blind, snare, slow my enemies than dealing a little more damage.
Explosives XI is replaced with VII if you’re not using Grenade Kit.

Good alternatives for Grenade Kit are Throw Mine or Tool Kit.

in Engineer

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

They not even with maxed healing power bombs heal only for like 300.

eh? that’s odd? I do around that much with no healing. bah maybe i misheard him, it has been a long time >_>

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Engineer

baxyp.2495

Hey, Thanks for the replays. So far am using DesertRose setup and having a blast !

I have question about gear. Now all my gear is rabid with the exception of weapons which are giver’s. Is it worth to change to gear with more vitality like carrion ?
In fact what is the “right” gear setup for a condition build for open pve and exploring ?!

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

rabid is prolly the best condi gear for what you want… but really consider going berzerker cuz burst damage is most suited to what you wanna do

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

baxyp.2495

rabid is prolly the best condi gear for what you want… but really consider going berzerker cuz burst damage is most suited to what you wanna do

Well since am coming from berzerker warrior :P (hello strength runes 18g per piece) i wanted to try something different

offtopic : Warriors are stupidly overpowered compared to engies. On the other hand engies gameplay is way more interesting

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

pirate runes are a cheap alternative and there isnt much loss in effectiveness unless youre doing high level stuff like fast wvw camp solos (the bird can mess with mob aggro)

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

baxyp.2495

Haha yesterday i build a quick berserker set exactly with pirates runes. The parrot is always on attacking stuff i was feeling like playing ranger – quite amusing