Hey engineers

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: MelonGuy.2473

MelonGuy.2473

Who else is still playing engineer purely because they love the whole steampunkish nature of the class?

Or, if you have another reason why, post it.

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Sephollos.4829

Sephollos.4829

I play an engineer because I’m an engineer in real life. It’s quite a bit different in the game though…in fact I’d say there’s little in common at all!

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

The engineer isn’t all that steampunkish, there isn’t even any steampunk armor besides gear shields and goggles that don’t fit properly on charr heads, which ironically created the proffesion lore-wise. The only thing steampunkish about it is the elixers with alchemy being a popular part of steampunk, which feels like another dis on the engineer name. Im still playing because I like playing underdog classes, while outplaying others.

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

Because as an Engineer everytime I stomp someone I am completely justified when I dance on their face!

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Who else is still playing engineer purely because they love the whole steampunkish nature of the class?

I’m making a baby eng right now and have an ele and mesmer.

I dumped the mesmer because it’s not engaging and ANet doesn’t seem to think the profession needs to be made so.

I like the ele, plenty to juggle, but only one viable build, need something with more builds to spend my time on.

Thus. engi.

I can’t say I don’t care about relative performance, but I have a high skill cap and can compensate.

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Kagusaki.3176

Kagusaki.3176

I like the class because it’s unique in a game like this. The flamethrower is one of my main weapons and I’ve never gotten bored using it. Also a lot of people say that there’s more buttons to push to play the engineer effectively. For me, it’s more fun then pressing one or two buttons over and over again. There’s still a lot of bugs to fix and they aren’t as powerful as other classes though, but I would say it’s the funnest class in the game.

Foreman Spur – Level 80 Charrior | Firefister – Level 80 Charrcromancer
The Legion of Charrs [TLC] – Fort Aspenwood’s Finest Charr Guild
You can’t spell Fur Affinity without FA! :3

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Lets rename Engineer to Masochist as all you ll do is get your rear handed to you over and over by insta kill thiefs or mesmers or elementalists.

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

wtb steam punk themed cash shop armor.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Piousp.6957

Piousp.6957

My first (and practically, the only one) character is and Engie. I wasn’t sure for why, just tought the class would be fun to play with.
Now, everything time i try to start a new class, i miss my engie.

And this:

I play an engineer because I’m an engineer in real life.

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: dlechestnut.5230

dlechestnut.5230

Do you have a link to the build on a site somewhere?

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

I like it because it is complicated and lets me fight in very unorthodox ways. Most Professions are pretty straight forward and boring, Engineer is the exact opposite.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I always try to play the less populated class.

I chose Female Norm Engineer because in a beta survey showed that female norm engineer were the least “predicted” played profession.

I also like different mecanism, as we have our kit and our turret, even tho turret was a big let down.

The only reason why I didn’t switch to Elem was because of them being FotM and engineer still being the less played, as I would prefer a higher skill cap class that can do everything if played well.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I play because It’s my first character and I tend to only play one character in MMOs basically no matter what. I usually make pretty good choices except for this one time : /

Anyway what KEEPS me playing is this fun little build I have. I play what I call Cripple-fight spec. All it needs is power-wrench, Superior Sigil of Hobbling (goes for vendor price on trading-post) and pizza. The rest doesn’t matter, but I build it bunker to be as long-lasting a pain in the butthole as possible.

I figure if engineer, especially bunker engineer isn’t going to be doing damage, might as well be ridiculous in a fun way. It’s extremely funny to magnet-pull someone in WvW and then stack cripple for days. Condition removal doesn’t matter because the wrench’s auto-attack applies cripple with every swing. Even in 1v1, if can cripple the melee class or thief, I can at least get away and often I’ve kept them there so long that help comes along to actually do the damage.

I don’t imagine any other class being able to do something quite as much fun.

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

I despise the steam punk look personally.

I like that it had the kit mechanic. The fact that we had elixirs over signets. Most of all, I liked the toolbelt mechanic.

What kept me playing it, is the fact that my guildies and friends read the forums and everyone rant about how bad they are. All the while they are baffles about what I can do with a P/S condition build. I am on one of the 3 top tier servers, and I got 104 badges in 3 hours in WvW last night.

I just enjoy playing the under dog. By all means, I feel we are definitely not the strongest class on a base level. I think they need to fix condition damage as a whole, first and fore most, in my opinion.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

Hey engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I continue to play Engineer because the other classes are too easy by comparison. It pisses me off that I can take on a level 6 enemy with my level 2 Warrior, stack fifteen stacks of Might with my level 8 Elementalist, barely even look at the screen and murder things as my Thief, etcetera. They’re just…boring.

If they buff the Engineer to the point where it’s on the level with the other classes, then I will continue to play it because I have a love of machines. Engineer was the first class I chose because I like being a tinker.