HgH: 2 Might back on Throw

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Hey guys!

HgH is a grandmaster trait that gives you 2 stacks of might each time you use an elixir. (Elixir gun skills excluded). The elixir toolbelt skills are an exception. They grand 1 might on you and allies.

However this seems way too underwhelming in my opinion for the following reasons:
- Throwing elixirs are mostly not too great skills. They randomness on effects are making them unrealiable.
- Throwing elixirs on you and allies can currently grant a total of 4(!) might! Which isn’t that great at all compared to the casting time it takes. (Unlike using fire fields which you can maintain your dps in)

What do you think about this guys? I know it was nerfed long time ago to 1 stack but it just seems so underwhelming

Greetings, Fvuxx

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

Posted by: tenklo.6104

tenklo.6104

Are u sure its 1….i have been using I and its been 2.take that with juggernaught for now I can have any where 10 to 20 stacks of might by my self

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

F skill elixir skills give 1 might using utility elixirs give 2 might

well needless to say theres a reason why HGH engineer stopped being popular

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’m of the opinion both need more than 2

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

The last point you indicated is the main reason they only provide 1 might. That is, it affects allies as well as yourself, potentially providing 5 might stacks spread around 5 people instead of 2 on yourself.

I suppose one would have to do some number crunching to determine its theoretical worth, but I suppose it’s not unfair to say that the amount of might granted by both the utility and tool belt elixirs skills should be increased slightly. They are relatively small amounts of might that only end up being really powerful when using a might stacking build, particularly since taking elixirs means not taking kits.

Although it’s not related to HGH specifically, I would actually like to see cleaning formula 409 remove two conditions per utility elixir, which the tosses still removing one. Then there might actually be a strong alternative to condition cleansing that doesn’t involve healing turret.

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

409 and HGH were super popular, along with Elixirs in general in the early days.
HgH was actually buffed to the 2 on self use.

But Elixirs and both have fallen out of favor. I still love 409, but even that only in pvp builds.
The main issue was everything else being slowly buffed over time. While Elixirs have mostly stayed the same.
Additionally, the introduction for ascended gear, and stats. raw dps has increased. Making Might less favorable. And making utility builds less favorably in the wake of higher dps.
Thinks like Elixir U, which are fantastic, and was even buffed to be more reliable, is very niche now, when you can just go raw dps nades/ft build.

If SD on THROW elixir was more reliable HGH and 409 would probably be way more popular as a combo.
The old SD builds of wrench/Elixir U/Elixir R.

The cast times on Elixirs are painful, and really kill HgH as well.