Hobo Sacks: A Terrible Fashion Statement

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a topic stay on the front page anywhere as long as this one has

And even if its the last thing i do it stays on the frontpage till the darn issue is fixed…

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Heh, I couldn’t but notice in the most recent Living Story

The bad engineer guy was wearing a hobosack. Perhaps that’s why he went crazy?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

Heh, I couldn’t but notice in the most recent Living Story

The bad engineer guy was wearing a hobosack. Perhaps that’s why he went crazy?

can you blame him? Saw how that thing clashed with his leaf armor? Id be kittened too if i would be him

in Engineer

Posted by: ObiWanWolf.4291

ObiWanWolf.4291

Last post about a day ago? I think not.

Day 679, Hobo Sacks are still here.
Dear devs, please add that toggle button, that tiny miny checkbox that would bring smile on the face of every person with engie as a main toon. It shouldn’t be that hard. At least fix the back item clipping issue, that ain’t a feature, it’s a clear bug, a bug which could be fixed in 30 min max.

kthxbye

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

Sent this issue into GW2 support, got told I should post it on the forums -.-
(I even included a link to this topic)

lolwat? Seriosly now?

in Engineer

Posted by: The Sojourner.8376

The Sojourner.8376

Am I the only one who likes the backpacks?

in Engineer

Posted by: Earl.8236

Earl.8236

The justification for keeping them is ridiculous. Chances are we would have thrown a grenade or bomb before opponents even recognize which of the nearly identical backpacks we’re sporting on our moving toons. If you devs are so worried about this, at least allow us to turn them off in towns and PvE.

Unless you think it would be unfair for the AI.

in Engineer

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

Lemme ask something about the Flamethrower kit.

I’ve seen it complained that the Flamethrower has no tube connecting it to the backpack, when it should, and wondering where the Flamethrower ammo comes from.

Has anyone looked at the Flamethrower kit? I mean REALLY looked at it, and zoomed in?

The Flamethrower itself has a top-loaded cartridge of some sort of flammable liquid.

the Backpack has a tank filled with the flammable liquid, and it feeds into a replacement cartridge on the side, identical to the one top-loaded onto the Flamethrower.

so it looks like what is missing there, is a reload animation, which would likely be attributed to gameplay reasons, as if you had to reload the flamethrower, every gun type weapon would have to have a reload as well.

also, we could probably do without the actual backpack, just let the tank itself sit on our backs.

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

(edited by JMadFour.9730)

in Engineer

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

The whole concept of having to have backpacks for munitions of weapons and kits of various sizes (be it bulletcases, darts, elixirs, fuel, arrows, grenades, bombs) is made ridiculous by the fact that we still pull turrets (generally about 1,5 meters tall and 1 squaremeter wide) out of nowhere.

But i should shut up here before ANet decides to give a permanent hobosack to engies regardless of what skills we use.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

How about you fix the hobosacks so we can see our beautiful backpacks and give us full-body hobo suit?
[sarcasm intensifies]

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Back from a couple month break, still hate the hobosacks!

It’s odd to wear The Emperor title with a hobosack on your back.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Perhaps they should change their support reply to tell people to pose to Reddit instead. I think it would actually work better than posting to the forums at this point don’t you?

This isn’t surprising that this is still going on, next week I’ll check back and yep, still won’t be fixed yet, how long has it been? Where are the folks who code the toggle checkbox in the settings ui?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

Perhaps they should change their support reply to tell people to pose to Reddit instead. I think it would actually work better than posting to the forums at this point don’t you?

This isn’t surprising that this is still going on, next week I’ll check back and yep, still won’t be fixed yet, how long has it been? Where are the folks who code the toggle checkbox in the settings ui?

I ask myself more who the people are who code the broken script that removes your existing backpiece and replaces it with the hobosack till you do the first attack…

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Being able to change the color/dye these Sacks would be the very least they could do, seeing as we can’t swap weapons and only have a whopping total of 3 different weapon combinations..

Kits aren’t even our profession mechanic.. They are just mandatory Utility Skills.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

Posted by: shade.5934

shade.5934

Wee engineer and completely new player here chiming in to say…character customization is amazing! As is gear customization. I was amazed to find that with armor dyes, ever the lowest of gear could look great and thematic.

Engineer backpacks, however, are a letdown. Can we at least armor dye them? Even just a little?

Everyone seems to have these out of place plushy backpacks clinging to them now. I’m fine with that and still happy to throw money at you…could we get a few more options for engineer backpacks please? Or even just different colors (are there colors and I’m missing them? Apologies if I’m missing something.)

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

Wee engineer and completely new player here chiming in to say…character customization is amazing! As is gear customization. I was amazed to find that with armor dyes, ever the lowest of gear could look great and thematic.

Engineer backpacks, however, are a letdown. Can we at least armor dye them? Even just a little?

Everyone seems to have these out of place plushy backpacks clinging to them now. I’m fine with that and still happy to throw money at you…could we get a few more options for engineer backpacks please? Or even just different colors (are there colors and I’m missing them? Apologies if I’m missing something.)

nope you dont miss anything here.. these ugly things are the bane of your apperance hence why we complain bout 1 and a half year already about this XD

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

one and a half year…
+ one more unread post.

01000110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00101110 00001101 00001010 01010011 01101001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01100101 01101100 01111001 00101100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100101 01101110 01100111 01101001 01101110 01100101 01100101 01110010 00101110

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

in Engineer

lakdav.3694

Making the engineer kit backpacks dyable would be a bigger undertaking than removing them or making them togglable. They are not armor, they are a visual effect of an active utility skill that replaces the weapon skills. They are no more like armors than the elemental bracelet effects around the wrists of elementalists. That may be part of the reason why they clip into the suddenly reappearing back items after a skill use. They are not the same type of code. One is armor with specific stats, the other is just a visual effect. Only armor is dyable. Not even common back items are dyable.

in Engineer

Posted by: Revan Malise.5107

Revan Malise.5107

11 months since last dev response are we even sure he is still with anet. Would be nice to have an answer yes we are looking at it or no just deal with it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bulletkidbones.7539

Bulletkidbones.7539

I wish they’d just give us utility belts instead. Or better yet, nothing at all – just get rid of the blasted things

The mountain called monkey has spoken

in Engineer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Am I the only one who likes the backpacks?

I like them, I’d just like the option to not have them visible if I want.

in Engineer

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

I’d rather have them fix static discharge hitting the floor when using AoE belt skills

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

I’d rather have them fix static discharge hitting the floor when using AoE belt skills

how about we meet in the middle and fix the entire class from visuals to skills and make ALL skills\kits viable and usefull aswell the engineer´s visuals pretty?

in Engineer

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

how about we meet in the middle and fix the entire class from visuals to skills and make ALL skills\kits viable and usefull aswell the engineer´s visuals pretty?

Deal

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

in Engineer

Posted by: Mayonnaise.9624

Mayonnaise.9624

Another patch another fail

“It’s Raining Lootbags! Hallelujah!
It’s Raining FSP Golems! Amen!”
– The Weather Girls

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

Another patch another fail

i think i slowly can make bets before every patch that put me in greater misery after each one… maybe a A-net will react to stupidity. Lets see… i got one of these electro shocking dog collars with adjustable setting. From next patch on ill simply add 5 (whatever the scale on that thing is) to it and keep adding them for every “no hobosack fix patch” and if they eventually fix the things ill put it on, make a youtube clip and post it on the forums. Save to say i prolly will never need to do that.. but hey im also not backing off if really a miracle happens.

in Engineer

Posted by: ninja sloth.2658

ninja sloth.2658

I seem to remember someone at Anet saying they were looking into this, but that was months ago. I doubt anyone is bothering with this issue, what with the new season of the living story kicking off.

Don’t get me wrong – I loved LS S02E02, it was a fantastic patch through and through. But there’s always a twinge of disappointment when a new patch goes live and the notes don’t mention our hobosacks

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

DO NOT WORRY! The developers are just testing our dedication! Our hobosacks will be fixed, but only when we reach one thousand comments! Show your dedication to our cause today!

in Engineer

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

+1 for hobosacks!

No, wait. I mean +1 for alternatives to hobosacks.

Yes, that’s it.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

+1 for hobosacks!

No, wait. I mean +1 for alternatives to hobosacks.

Yes, that’s it.

Oh my goodness… THAT’S been the issue this whole time!

Devs, to be clear, we DON’T like the hobosacks!

“Gee Mike, these guys really love those ugly brown sacks on their back. I wanted to fix those today, but that forum thread is so impressive I think I’ll let those wacky Engineers keep them. They even gave them a cute name, hobosacks!”

Glad we could clear that up, looking forward to the fix!

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

(edited by Adamantium.3682)

in Engineer

Posted by: Liege Tai.8249

Liege Tai.8249

1st Post “about a year ago” Kind of surmises the “suggestion” process.

in Engineer

Posted by: TheMessy.3786

TheMessy.3786

I run speedy kits, and as soon as I can switch off that fart stained hobosack i switch off. Almost always….

Can we please get some kind of alternate, no one in pvp looks at what sack you have on, they know as soon as you ….throw a nade, plant some bombs, use the FT/EG…

There is NO reason we should have to suffer with these awful kitten filled sacs!

Everyone in the game looks pretty cool….I do too, cept when i want to PLAY.

in Engineer

Posted by: Stallerenox.1295

Stallerenox.1295

kitten filled sacs!

Don’t give them any ideas.

in Engineer

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

I would be endlessly amused if they fixed hobosacks and called them hobosacks in their patch notes.

in Engineer

Posted by: huwpewpew.6075

huwpewpew.6075

Left the game 8 months ago, came back to see what has(n’t) changed.

Amazed this is still being ignored.

in Engineer

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

Honestly, I don’t think they are too terribly bad. I’d rather see Race-specific Turret skins and/or new Rifle skills first.

but I’ll donate a bump for the cause anyway, for solidarity’s sake.

Engys gotta stick together, right?

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Besides being ugly their color scheme doesn’t allow for any color coordination in armor dyes because it simply clashes. If they looked like a slick black leather bag people would complain less. Or maybe some techy thing like the molten backpiece. A misshaped mass of band-aid colored cloth is the worst possible choice so naturally they went with that. Add some random hanging bottles, a keg and a red rag that hangs awkwardly to top things off.

in Engineer

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Day 693
I woke today to see that this ridiculous pack was still inexplicably affixed to my back…
I fear by now that it will never leave me. Sometimes when I rest I think I can feel it, gripping my spine and burrowing deep inside my skull.
Laughing… laughing inside my head.
Dear God, madness take me and free me from the torment of thought and knowing. Knowing that this THING is HERE. It wants something from me, but I know not what.
Is it my soul? Is this THING trying to STEAL my SOUL?!
WHY WON’T IT LEAVE ME!

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

in Engineer

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

That reads like an excerpt from H.P. Lovecraft’s short-story classic, The Hobosack Horrour.

Even back in 1928, he could see this coming.

The man was a prophet.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

in Engineer

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

I love how EVERY engineer has complained here and yet nothing has been done…

in Engineer

Posted by: Lana Del Rey.1873

Lana Del Rey.1873

Even the Charr don’t need any “hobosacks” to reload their Charrzookas.
Meh.

I heard that you like the bad girls, honey, is that true?

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

Next weeks special:
Hobosacks for Charrzookas
“How could players tell otherwise?”

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

Next weeks special:
Hobosacks for Charrzookas
“How could players tell otherwise?”

and if you call right away we also throw in pistol and rifle hobosacks for free

in Engineer

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Still not interested?
Use offer code FUGLY when you call to receive the ability to transform YOURSELF into a giant hobosack, and be worn around the ruins of Lion’s Arch by an actual hobo!
“Live” as a god, knowing that you will outlast the universe itself!

in Engineer

Basaltface.2786

Still not interested?
Use offer code FUGLY when you call to receive the ability to transform YOURSELF into a giant hobosack, and be worn around the ruins of Lion’s Arch by an actual hobo!
“Live” as a god, knowing that you will outlast the universe itself!

Now thats a bargain Grimwolf! Lets sum all up for our undecided customers!

-Hobosacks for all kits that dont assist the enemie at all to see what weapon you use.
- 100% guaranteed to clash with all your armor colours and designs
- 100% guaranteed to clip with asura heads, human heads AND existing backpieces

but we are not done yet… are we Grimwolf?

- Unable to hide it EVER!
- Completely unable to holster any kit related weapons!
- Completely mood draining to never see your actual weapon!
- Got a legendary? Dont worry our hobosack gets rid of it right away!
- Ever worried about colouring it to fit your armor? Well no more! Hobosacks come in
putrid brown only!

wow now thats what i call amazing! Order yours today and you will start to hate your engineer´s visuals even if you adore the class!

in Engineer

lakdav.3694

“Its the perfect skritt-deterrent!

There i was in the cave, i didnt even know skritt lived there. They were non too happy about me taking their Shiny. But right as i turned my back to the horde and prepared to unload my bombs as i run for my dear life, i didnt even need to explosives anymore.

Thanks to hobo-sacks, even the skritt were disgusted in me and ran the other way, screaming! It saved my life with only its otherworldly hideousness.

Thank you hobo-sacks!"

in Engineer

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

900 comments, almost 7000 views. XD Maybe Anet will do it as a congrats at the 1000 posts or 10000 views mark?

in Engineer

Posted by: Mayonnaise.9624

Mayonnaise.9624

What a customer support, so sad

“It’s Raining Lootbags! Hallelujah!
It’s Raining FSP Golems! Amen!”
– The Weather Girls

in Engineer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Day 693
I woke today to see that this ridiculous pack was still inexplicably affixed to my back…
I fear by now that it will never leave me. Sometimes when I rest I think I can feel it, gripping my spine and burrowing deep inside my skull.
Laughing… laughing inside my head.
Dear God, madness take me and free me from the torment of thought and knowing. Knowing that this THING is HERE. It wants something from me, but I know not what.
Is it my soul? Is this THING trying to STEAL my SOUL?!
WHY WON’T IT LEAVE ME!

I may as well add a paraphrase … ahem:

“The end is near. I hear a noise at the door, as of some immense slippery container lumbering against it. It shall not find me. God, that bag! The Hobosack! The Hobosack!”

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Engineer

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

900 comments, almost 7000 views. XD Maybe Anet will do it as a congrats at the 1000 posts or 10000 views mark?

I dont want them to do it, I like the packs.