Hobo Sacks: A Terrible Fashion Statement

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Tchuu Tchuu, bump train comming through.
Next stop: 2k replies.

A-net response after requesting a fix for Hobbosacks: “nope”
A-net response after being asked why: “kittenthats why.”
side note: kitten quaggans.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

…they seriosly dont give a single kitten about this class…do they. As long as pvp(sorta kinda) works the visuals can suffer.. kitten the engies who buy gem store items, kitten the engies who do LS to get backpieces, kitten the engies who grind their kitten off for legendaries, just kitten em. Actually.. kitten em twice as hard and make their armor class the most lame and uninspired designed one too, give em coats cause that for sure is armor alright, dont forget to keep em as neutral as possible and if you DARE to stray from the coat ill cut you. Actually.. how about we shove a 3rd kitten you down their throats in making the races who focus on technology in their design get a little extra bonus in clipping the backpieces into their heads (asura) or make em float a mile behind them (charr)….actually do that with all LS packs too right away..(and since im at rage ranting..seriosly im kittened off) also take extra care that the medium gem store items look kitten on these races…mediocre at best…but DONT you dare to make em the same quality as humaniod races cause they are worth less to us, we dont want to make em feel too welcome arround here. Hmm..oh yea lets also ignore the 1000 replies strong topic where they complain about their visuals alright? Actually lets ignore the entire engineer forum We good? Good… now lets see how we can kitten off our engies more…hmm.. ah yea the hammer and mace we promised bout a year ago.. know what? Trash that too….or just say “its coming sometime.. yada yada” to keep em invested a little longer. Im really about to quit the game cause i just cant stand to look at my engineer anymore, im serios.. this clipping really is too much. Hard enough to dress a charr up like a proper engi (without looking like all other engies…what i sorta do cause of the magitech anyways) and then the darn hobosack clips with the slickpack like mad as bonus. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO FIX?! Do atleast that a-net. You dont give a kitten about the class… we all know that (cause how else you explain the lack of “tech armor” and the exquisite designs of the hobosacks) but to fix the code that makes the backpiece pop out of existance if you draw a kit cant be ALL THAT HARD…UGH

(edited by Basaltface.2786)

in Engineer

Posted by: DeRiss.5601

DeRiss.5601

this isn’t exactly brave, since I know no one at Anet will SEE this post, but

To Arenanet:

kitten you, kitten your terrible customer support, kitten your terrible design, and especially kitten you for actively refusing to listen to your playerbase. Nothing you do from here onward will make your treatment of customers forgivable. I’m out.

-Just another fed up former GW2 player.

in Engineer

Posted by: velhavn.7694

velhavn.7694

Basaltface, eat a snickers, lol

i love all of your design,
how do we grip and pull the trigger? That doesn’t look comfortable

…they seriosly dont give a single kitten about this class…do they. As long as pvp(sorta kinda) works the visuals can suffer.. kitten the engies who buy gem store items, kitten the engies who do LS to get backpieces, kitten the engies who grind their kitten off for legendaries, just kitten em. Actually.. kitten em twice as hard and make their armor class the most lame and uninspired designed one too, give em coats cause that for sure is armor alright, dont forget to keep em as neutral as possible and if you DARE to stray from the coat ill cut you. Actually.. how about we shove a 3rd kitten you down their throats in making the races who focus on technology in their design get a little extra bonus in clipping the backpieces into their heads (asura) or make em float a mile behind them (charr)….actually do that with all LS packs too right away..(and since im at rage ranting..seriosly im kittened off) also take extra care that the medium gem store items look kitten on these races…mediocre at best…but DONT you dare to make em the same quality as humaniod races cause they are worth less to us, we dont want to make em feel too welcome arround here. Hmm..oh yea lets also ignore the 1000 replies strong topic where they complain about their visuals alright? Actually lets ignore the entire engineer forum We good? Good… now lets see how we can kitten off our engies more…hmm.. ah yea the hammer and mace we promised bout a year ago.. know what? Trash that too….or just say “its coming sometime.. yada yada” to keep em invested a little longer. Im really about to quit the game cause i just cant stand to look at my engineer anymore, im serios.. this clipping really is too much. Hard enough to dress a charr up like a proper engi (without looking like all other engies…what i sorta do cause of the magitech anyways) and then the darn hobosack clips with the slickpack like mad as bonus. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO FIX?! Do atleast that a-net. You dont give a kitten about the class… we all know that (cause how else you explain the lack of “tech armor” and the exquisite designs of the hobosacks) but to fix the code that makes the backpiece pop out of existance if you draw a kit cant be ALL THAT HARD…UGH

in Engineer

Posted by: ExtraGW.9637

ExtraGW.9637

Let’s just keep hoping on a fix in the next feature pack.

in Engineer

Posted by: Theril.2718

Theril.2718

Standard Enemy Models had better mean we get that checkbox, or there really is no hope it’s ever going to happen.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-visual-and-reward-updates/

in Engineer

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Standard Enemy Models will only mean that they have the technology to make visual aspects of the game toggleable on the client side. While this is pretty much exactly what we (or I, in any case) want for the hobo-sack, it is not yet a confirm.

I guess having the technology for it is a good step forward. Making one for the kit backpacks would be just one more step.

in Engineer

Posted by: Twytch.4736

Twytch.4736

Standard Enemy Models will only mean that they have the technology to make visual aspects of the game toggleable on the client side. While this is pretty much exactly what we (or I, in any case) want for the hobo-sack, it is not yet a confirm.

I guess having the technology for it is a good step forward. Making one for the kit backpacks would be just one more step.

God, I hope you’re right.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

well we’ve had “team colors” option since long ago

in Engineer

Posted by: Cynda Quil.3520

Cynda Quil.3520

OH GAWD PLEASE DO THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Yeah, this’ll probably just end up being ‘and now the models make everyone look the same, for balance reasons, and, uh, no, Engineers still have hobosacks.’

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Yeah, this’ll probably just end up being ‘and now the models make everyone look the same, for balance reasons, and, uh, no, Engineers still have hobosacks.’

Engineer will be a giant hobosack with arms and legs! A walking bag of shame.

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

Engineer will be a giant hobosack with arms and legs! A walking bag of shame.

A hobosack with hobosacks for arms and legs. A hobosack golem.

in Engineer

lakdav.3694

And when we drink Elixir X we will turn into a Hobosack-nado. It throws hobosacks at people. Inflicts torment. And shame.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

And when we drink Elixir X we will turn into a Hobosack-nado. It throws hobosacks at people. Inflicts torment. And shame.

that’s brilliant!

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

To me this eliminates the need for the last reason (albeit a terrible one) to force hobosacks. If there’s some sort of lunatic out there who needs hobosacks to see what kit an Engi is using, they can make that choice client side. Otherwise it should be a toggle just like back pieces, shoulders, helms, and gloves.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Phyrak.7260

Phyrak.7260

Make it decent

Look a juganaught!

If it’s based around FT – make it look unique

Side note: move the hobo sack on charr…it sits too high on their back

in Engineer

Posted by: The Baws.5164

The Baws.5164

Come on ANet…

The community is begging for you to change this and we’re coming up to the 2nd anniversary of the game!

It’s such a simple fix and it needs to be done.

Immersed in Blood [TEA]
Drunken Alliance [DKAL]
Piken Square [EU]

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I wonder which will occur first: Hobosack removal, or a working search function for the forums.

in Engineer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I wonder which will occur first: Hobosack removal, or a working search function for the forums.

I’d bet on Hobosacks, tbh. At least there was some talk about that … what’s been said about the missing search function?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Engineer

Posted by: Eastcorn.5901

Eastcorn.5901

I’d like to point something out right now. Look at their answers in the recent interview. No SAB, no FoV increase option, no first-person viewcam, no answer to precursor crafting.

None of this is coming anytime soon, and the entire userbase has been asking about (some of) these almost since launch.

In light of this, hobosacks are clearly not coming any time soon. We should make a bigger effort to spread awareness beyond this thread.

(edited by Eastcorn.5901)

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

I’d like to point something out right now. Look at their answers in the recent interview. No SAB, no FoV increase option, no first-person viewcam, no answer to precursor crafting.

None of this is coming anytime soon, and the entire userbase has been asking about these almost since launch.

In light of this, hobosacks are clearly not coming any time soon. We should make a bigger effort to spread awareness beyond this thread.

Q: “So about all these changes you promised(like precursor crafting and new legendaries at the end of 2013) ’cause people are ask-”
A:“Lolnope. Idk man we can’t say anything except..idk man..”

in Engineer

Posted by: Ves.8236

Ves.8236

Weeee… After 1,5 year no answer \o/

From the smallest blade of grass to the highest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I’d bet on Hobosacks, tbh. At least there was some talk about that … what’s been said about the missing search function?

I’d tell you, but I can’t search the forums for it.

in Engineer

Eastcorn.5901

I bet if Anet announced the removal of hobosacks, almost every engineer would stop complaining about SAB and rejoice.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I wonder if they’ll close this post and tell us that our hobosacks are really just figments of our imaginations and we really don’t have hobosacks but continue posting in a new thread about them. (referencing the loot bug that lasted 9 months).

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: haavik.8537

haavik.8537

Does anyone else get the feeling that they just don’t look at this thread because of the ANet logo to show that at some point they actually did respond, and now just pass over it without actually looking at the amount of comments and the fact that it’s been on the front page for as long as I can remember?

in Engineer

lakdav.3694

Incidently that little red patch is mainly the reason why the thread is still going on i think. I think one could count on one hand how many engineer sub-forums has such a red patch. That makes this thread kinda unique, and since the request is valid and the issue still not resolved, it managed to stay on top mostly because players instinctly assume that there is actual communication here, even if there is none.

Yup. We are privileged to have a red patch from a year ago, compared to so many other engineer threads.

Thats kinda sad in its own way.

in Engineer

Posted by: Spyritdragon.6048

Spyritdragon.6048

Do they still read the thread though, you think?

in Engineer

Eastcorn.5901

They have to. This thread is huge, and its always at the top of the first page.

in Engineer

lakdav.3694

They have to. This thread is huge, and its always at the top of the first page.

… of the engineer sub-forum.
I mainly have doubts about them going that far as to look deep enough to see the mere existence of the thread. Don’t know about the other profession subforums, but i have a feeling that if they look anywhere, its only the Profession Balance subforum, and only to spot discussions about possible PvP inbalances.

in Engineer

Posted by: Spyritdragon.6048

Spyritdragon.6048

It would seem like not too huge of a fix, so im wondering why it hasn’t been put in yet. Its not like any new models or skins need to be developped, or anything balance is related. It could be as simple as adding a toggle or giving standard back items priority over the hobo sacks.

Then again, the multi-tool kit goes particularly well with the hobo sacks, and this would ruin that a bit, but that’s a minor issue.

in Engineer

Posted by: Negrebskoh.3681

Negrebskoh.3681

So… more than a year later, and still nothing has changed? This is really the only thing stopping me from rolling an engie (yes I know I’m vain, but vanity’s half of this game), and it seems extremely silly that this hasn’t been fixed yet. Like, wtf? Has ANet given an actual reason for this?

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

So…We reached the point where all hopes crashes…. RIOT TIME!

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

Eastcorn.5901

Release the flamethrowers!

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Release the flamethrowers!

*hobothrowers

in Engineer

Posted by: harryexe.5617

harryexe.5617

Has anything been done or gonna be?

in Engineer

Posted by: MrJackhammer.5478

MrJackhammer.5478

Well there is no excuse anymore. With the Semptember update, there is an option to show all characters as a default model in PVP. So no more of that BS excuse about not knowing what pack an engineer is carrying. I’m pretty annoyed that engy is my favorite character and I cannot ever show off my gorgeous fractal capacitor because i’m carrying a stupid bag of rags on my back!

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

Nothing’s been said about the subject by the staff, to my knowledge, since the last red post in this thread; there might have been one in a different thread, though, which referred to the SAB backpacks.

in Engineer

MrJackhammer.5478

And while we’re at it it would be nice to be able to customize the flamethrower too. Why can’t it look like a regular rifle??? There are so many cool rifle skins and only one awful looking flamethrower….

in Engineer

MrJackhammer.5478

Besides, why to do players “need to know” what I can do as an engineer? I see them running around and I don’t know what half of the people I see are playing as or what they are about to do. They all look the same, little people running around and suddenly they attack with some random-kitten thing I didn’t expect. Why do I have to be the ONLY character that for some reason feels the need to telegraph everything they do by running around with a hideous backpack? I mean why isn’t EVERY character covered in something stupid and ugly to show their capabilities then???

in Engineer

MrJackhammer.5478

It’s depressing that all this is probably a waste of time anyway because Anet will never get past congratulating themselves in the Warrior forum so they will never read this thread at all.

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

Not that they’ve actually been talking in the Warrior forums. Their silence seems to encompass all classes – we’re the only ones with a red-bubble post anywhere in the first three pages.

That said, I brought hobosacks up in the ‘communicating with you’ thread, knowing they wouldn’t respond (because A ) off-topic and B ) against their policy); the reply I got was super-ambiguous (literally: ‘…(-:’ was the reply), but more than I expected.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lippuringo.1742

Lippuringo.1742

This thread have not enough bumps.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Not that they’ve actually been talking in the Warrior forums. Their silence seems to encompass all classes – we’re the only ones with a red-bubble post anywhere in the first three pages.

That said, I brought hobosacks up in the ‘communicating with you’ thread, knowing they wouldn’t respond (because A ) off-topic and B ) against their policy); the reply I got was super-ambiguous (literally: ‘…(-:’ was the reply), but more than I expected.

Same here. I brought up inherent pet weakness as well as the hobosacks as examples of problems we’ve heard absolutely nothing about in months with seemingly multiple easy fixes that shouldn’t take any time at all compared to most things in the game mainly because we’ve seen easy solutions in other games for the same problems.

Didn’t get an answer either but oh well we’ll see in the months to come.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

My suggestions for distinct weapon objects:
Larger wrench for Tool Kit, with gear shield on off-hand.
Dual-wield bomb casks for Bomb Kit; possibly with a fun little ‘lit fuse’ animation in combat.
Two-handed, big grenade launcher for Grenade Kit; also makes it less ‘why can I throw those farther than I can shoot.’
Carried bandages and stimulants for Med Kit.
Flamethrower and Elixir Gun both have distinct weapons already.

This would be fantastic- I’d love to wield a grenade launcher.

Using the gear shield skill would need to have the magnetic shield animation, now that it’s always out with the kit though.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

Doesn’t it do some kind of ‘bunker down’ thing at the moment, anyway? Like, it’s not just flapping along at your side, but your character’s holding it over themselves?

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I guess this thread hets ignored forever …

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

To show my support:

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704