"Hobosack" Change: Recent?

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Went on my engineer for once, but the first thing I noticed was that changing kits would not mix your backpiece with the hobosack. It just disables the backpiece altogether now.

Normally it would show both at the same time if you used an attack on a kit, but I can’t seem to make it show anymore.

Is this new?

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

It depends. Sometimes your back piece will poke through the hobosack.

It really has 3 states.

1) Hobosack replaces back piece.

2) Hobosack and back piece appear at the same time

3) Annoying bug: I’ve reported this, as I’m sure many have, but it’s fallen on deaf ears.

For everyone who doesn’t know – vigorous kit swapping in combat, in conjunction with various abilities, it will occasionally disable the Engineer’s back piece from ever appearing again, until you hide and un-hide it in the character panel.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

@WEXXES: this is since september patch

@Chaith: The visual bug where your back item gets disabled only affects you. My friends in TS still see the back item, wich is very strange. Even after hide and unhide after the first swap it may disappear again. Relogging helps, or simply travel far waypoints – loadingscreen in general.

Those bugs are annoying and they pretty much changed the clipping with the back item totally in the wrong direction. We wanted the back item, now we got the stupid hobo sack. Well – it get’s removed “soon”™ …………………..

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”