in Engineer

Posted by: FairyNuff.3452

FairyNuff.3452

Looks cool & good

Holosmith...

in Engineer

Posted by: Midontto.5847

Midontto.5847

When the engineer forum is comprised of dread and positivity. On the bright side, Holosmith makes kitten out of energy. That’s pretty awesome.

Holosmith...

in Engineer

Posted by: Daerian.6523

Daerian.6523

I think it looks hot, not cool…

Holosmith...

in Engineer

Posted by: FairyNuff.3452

FairyNuff.3452

I think it looks hot, not cool…

I dunno half the forum has been venting about it so I think it should have dropped the heat by now.

Holosmith...

in Engineer

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Looks cool & good

Its looks are what I like least about it.

They’re very Super Adventure Box. It’s nice to offer an alternative to all the steampunk but I reckon something Asura-like would have been more popular.

Holosmith...

in Engineer

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

So, Super Adventure Box is not very Asura-like?

Holosmith...

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

So, Super Adventure Box is not very Asura-like?

Not really. While it IS asura without any doubt, it is particularly Moto style of asura, not general asura. It doesn’t resemble anything from the resto of asura culture and tradition, it is very unique, and certainly not what many of us asura players would like to see.

Compare SAB aesthetics with the crafting machines in rata sum, or with Ellie’s holograms, or with anything in an asura lab. They have a few things in common, but SAB is definitely SAB.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Holosmith...

in Engineer

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

I love it, especially later in the summer.

Engie has the reputation for being difficult to play (well, at least in PvE). Holosmith kinda addresses that problem. No more kit swapping since photon mode disables that. U get the engie experience with high tech gimmicks but there’s none of that complexity.

Holosmith...

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferelwing.8463

Ferelwing.8463

I’m not sure I really like the Holosmith yet, I’ll withhold judgement till I’ve had a real chance to look at it but… overall it just doesn’t feel “right”. It does look very SAB and I’m not really sure I’m interested in that. I liked the Engi for the steampunk style and if we’re going more “high tech” I’d have preferred something along the lines of Taimi or the regular Asura tech rather than SAB style. I’m still trying to find information on the “over-heating” portion in the kit because if we’re actually having to worry about exploding and self-injury I’m not so sure I want to take it. If it simplifies my rotations I’ll give it a try but overall I’m not sure I’m excited about it and I guess that’s the problem, I am still hoping that I’ll be pleasantly surprised but the initial release video was not that exciting for me in the least.