Holosmith F5 and kits

Holosmith F5 and kits

in Engineer

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

Anyone else bothered by the fact that the cooldown to leave Holo Forge is shared with kits? Why would equipping a kit force you out of forge? Just make it so you have to manually leave forge with F5, putting kits on a shared cooldown with F5 really ruins the fluid reactive gameplay most of us engineers love!

Holosmith F5 and kits

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Stop with this kitten already… It does not bother me at all, if you equip a kit while in PF it deactivates PF like you normally would. If you remove the CD you’ll be able to deactivate it anytime you want and get all the benefits from traits.

Holosmith F5 and kits

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Besides, it’s only 6 seconds, it passes on until you use all your skills

Holosmith F5 and kits

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

If I remember correctly, it’s not so much that “it locks you out of kits” for 6 seconds. It’s more that you’re “locked in to PF” for 6 seconds.

Since swapping to a kit would take you out of PF, they share a cooldown.

Holosmith F5 and kits

in Engineer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Nope, I am thrilled to be given the chance to play something other than kits. Yes I know the forge is basically a ‘kit’ but it’s more than that. It’s a different, less spam all the buttons play style that makes you think about what you are doing in the moment. I like that we can’t just swap from forge to kits and back again. Maybe, just maybe I’ll get to see something besides grenades and bombs on my utility bar…maybe…probably not but maybe.

Holosmith F5 and kits

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Uh. I don’t know what class you’re playing, but Engi w/ kits is very much not a “spam all the buttons” playstyle. It’s more “play the piano”.

You need to know exactly which buttons to press and when. Eg. See an incoming enemy, react by switching to Toolkit and block them with Gear Shield. Switch back to weapon, hit them with cc + damage. Drop a field, switch to Elixir gun and blast it with Acid Bomb. Then cancel that with a kit stow.

That’s not thoughtless spam. That’s focused skill.

Holosmith F5 and kits

in Engineer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Forgive me but I do not PvP in this game…just something I never have interest in. So for me in fractals, it’s all about the rotation which must be why I see it as button spamming.

Holosmith F5 and kits

in Engineer

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

Well I guess I didn’t mention this complaint was from a PvP point of view. Being locked out of my blast finisher, condi cleanse, pull, block, etc seems like it could be very counter-productive. I get it… High risk, high reward. I just hope being locked out of reactive skills for 6 seconds and the chance of blasting myself in the face for 8k damage if I overheat is still worth it once Holosmith is inevitably nerfed due to QQ from other classes.