Holosmith Gearing Preparation?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rage Cube.4573

Rage Cube.4573

So I’m assuming heading into the xpac with vipers running sword/pistol is the way to go then convert to grieving somewhere down the line when it’s available?

And for WvW slap on Wanderer or Soldier trinkets and call it a day?

Thanks in advance.

in Engineer

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

I’d like to know too, I have a full Viper set and I wanna keep using it with Holosmith

in Engineer

Posted by: Rage Cube.4573

Rage Cube.4573

So from this most recent stress test I have to say full zerker felt really good. But no DPS meter/test golem so I have no real comparison to draw.

in Engineer

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

For PvE Condi: Likely can stick to Pistol/Pistol Vipers, Photon Forge will basically just remove the need for a kit (or be used during cool downs).

For PvE Power: Sword/Pistol, Zerkers

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Bleh, it’s hard to tell. Holo doesn’t look ideal for either pure condi or pure power, so maybe the new Grieving stats could be good?

There’s really not much condi on the holo-specific stuff, such as the sword mainhand and the heat mechanics will likely favor attacking with a sword to generate heat instead of using kits, which are the main source of condis.

However, a pure damage build will probably end up going Firearms, regardless of stats since Inventions, Alchemy, and Tools don’t contribute much to damage for any stat type.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

From PvE perspective:

Viper’s is really good, almost ideal. The only thing that may be better is if Power and Expertise were swapped. +++Condi, +++Expertise, +Precision, +Power. So if that prefix is introduced in PoF I will say that might be the new condi meta.

For power Grieving looks good… but it would be better if Prec or Fero were major instead of Condi. Berserker may still be king. If Destroyer was a PvE prefix I would vote for that, but until then I’m leaning toward Berserker but wouldn’t be surprised if Grieving became meta.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry