Holosmith Trailer!

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So Holosmith!

Holy F! This is a Holo Kit Weapon based Elite Spec! Full of Holo Weapon goodness!

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

To be honest it feels dull and shallow in comparison to other elite specs. The heat mechanic better be good.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

To be honest it feels dull and shallow in comparison to other elite specs. The heat mechanic better be good.

Are you serious? Spellbreaker and Deadeye are so bad compared to this.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Engi with Sword mainhand, and Pistol offhand confirmed, sword will compete with pistol mainhand for the slot.

Shield could be back boys!.

Attachments:

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

(edited by Ivantreil.3092)

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

Engi inflicting a new passive AOE damage skill.

Attachments:

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

New Rifle Engi AOE skill with the elite spec.

Attachments:

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Engi with Pistol mainhand, and sword offhand confirmed, sword will compete with pistol offhand for the slot.

Isn’t the right-hand the main-hand slot?

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

Engi with Pistol mainhand, and sword offhand confirmed, sword will compete with pistol offhand for the slot.

Isn’t the right-hand the main-hand slot?

Wops, you are right, re changing, though the character was left handed for a sec lol.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

EdwinLi.1284

Those are actually Holoskills most likely their Utility skills. From what it seems the Elite Spec heavily focus on using the new Holo Form and Primary Weapon over the Core Kit of Engineer to build up Heat then use their Utility skills for massive Damage.

The design so far appears to be based on making a Core Kitless Elite SPec that does not need to depend on Kits which Engineer currently depends greatly on but instead Utility skills and their Primary weapons instead.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

This is how I always wanted spirit weapons to be. Argh, kitten me

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Hope it’s like Battletech.

Overheat, and you get stacks of burning until you burn to death. Also, HEY WE GOT UNLOAD NOW! On a cool-down probably but… Eh.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

This is the one I’m the most hyped for, personally.

Engineer has: Pistol, Pistol, Shield, Rifle and Hammer. With Holosmith, it’s looking like each kit will be a weapon with it’s own skills. Think swapping to Toolkit for example, but it’s now a Mace with a full bar of skills.

Maybe I’ve misunderstood but that’s how I gathered it. And I’m very excited if this is the case.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Acheron.4576

Acheron.4576

I just found this video of a Holosmith kicking mechanical kitten

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Midontto.5847

Midontto.5847

Those are actually Holoskills most likely their Utility skills. From what it seems the Elite Spec heavily focus on using the new Holo Form and Primary Weapon over the Core Kit of Engineer to build up Heat then use their Utility skills for massive Damage.

The design so far appears to be based on making a Core Kitless Elite SPec that does not need to depend on Kits which Engineer currently depends greatly on but instead Utility skills and their Primary weapons instead.

…which means Holosmith is gonna be relying mostly on their new Utility skills while Gadgets and Turrets will be more useless. Sweet.

Holosmith is definitely a nice elite specialization never the less. It looks like it could potentially be a mix up between both power and condition due to heat system. I could be wrong on this, but it looks like Tool Belt skills might be replaced with Photon Forge skills while in that mode.

For the Photon Forge used, it seemed like they have a rifle for a long range high damage skill, mace that’s a ground slam that knocked down enemies, great sword was the leaping spinning one (looks like it leaves something behind their last location since it showed up twice in different occasions), pistols with some sorta unload that potentially causes burning, and a hammer that’s swung at 360 that could weaken defense.

The Utility seems to have a hexagonal force field around them, one that surrounds them with the wall, one that pulls nearby enemies to the center, and a spinning aoe that sticks with you while moving. Overheating causes constant explosions while continuously using Photon Forge.

Overall looks like a specialization that sacrifices a lot of Engineers defensive utility for an extremely aggressive play style.

(edited by Midontto.5847)

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Hawks.5736

Hawks.5736

They might not be full kits, they might just be a one-off utility skill like Turrets or Gyros with a toolbelt thing.

Dexson

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Seems intriguing.

I’m really not sure how this “holo-form” is going to work. Seems like it could be either a Death Shroud style full-on form change activated with F1 OR perhaps just individual skills activated with F1-F5, but either way that means no toolbelt skills. Is that even possible that they’d change something that core to the profession so radically? Prior to this I would have said no, but now we’re getting a petless Ranger elite spec, and pets are even more central to Rangers and have even more traits and skills dedicated to them, so if they can do that then maybe they could also give us Engie with no toolbelts?

Or are the holo-form skills basically just going to be toolbelt skills, but different than the normal toolbelts? That’d be a LOT of new skills if they made one for each utility, another thing that I probably would have said wasn’t going to happen, but likewise we’re getting Elementalist with an attunement-mixing mechanic that changes based on attunement AND weapon, and that means a lot of new skills there too.

I don’t even know any more. These new elite specs seem to be pushing the boundries of what I had previously thought was off-limits to the point where I don’t even know what to expect with Holosmith.

If it is basically just giving us a “free” Kit with a Shroud-style transformation, then its likely meant to address one of the common Engineer criticisms that kits are too mandatory to the class. Although I see a potential issue with that, where they’ve built this “heat mechanic” and it sounds like the utilities are the main way to benefit from your heat, so while you technically get a free kit, you’re still forced to use the Holosmith utilities to benefit from heat, so stuff like gadgets and elixirs are still going to be a tough sell.

I dunno, I guess we’ll see how it shakes down in a couple weeks. This is definitely one of the Especs I’m most confused and potentially excited by, though.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: SidewayS.3789

SidewayS.3789

To be honest, from a guardian main with second main as a engineer, Holosmith looks by far the most awesome elite spec. Its unique and maybe this is what we need to be there, in those first places.In the mean time, should i craft Quip,because it seems sword+pistol will be the main thing with shield as an alternative.

[Main]Kappy Ry – Asura Guardian [~You are all,Bookahs !!!~]
[Second Main]Korvus Mistreaver – Charr Revenant [~I’m blind not deaf~]
[Third Main] Vladdz – Asura Engineer [~In due times, all will serve asura~]

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I suspect the toolbelt skills will become our new holo kits.

Also, time to start working on the Shining Blade.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I just found this video of a Holosmith kicking mechanical kitten

But seriously, has anyone found any gameplay preview video on YouTube or Twitch of Holosmith?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

If they’re going to replace our toolbelt skills then I’m hoping that holo mode will be toggled by weapon swap. You’d loose a fair chunk of engi utility (not to mention a main heal from med kit) by replacing it by default.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Oddly enough I’m also most hyped for Holosmith. Didn’t even consider the possibility that I might play engi again but this looks like so much fun!

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

TwiceDead.1963

I wonder how this’ll affect piano players…

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Link.6791

Link.6791

In the aftershow Bogotter revealed that the Holosmith is a high risk/reward POWER glass-canon, with the heatmechanic giving you more dps as heat increase but with a chance that you may explode if too much heat is generated. A new specific heal skill was mentioned as a counter to overheating.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

TwiceDead.1963

In the aftershow Bogotter revealed that the Holosmith is a high risk/reward POWER glass-canon, with the heatmechanic giving you more dps as heat increase but with a chance that you may explode if too much heat is generated. A new specific heal skill was mentioned as a counter to overheating.

It’s probably a combined cool-off ability, like a heatsink. More heat = more healed…?

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

It sounds to me like the holo weapons could be F1-F4 skills similar to the elementalist/tempest, and then there will be separate utility skills… alternatively, the holo weapons could be like conjured weapons that give a new set of skills like kits, but retain a utility function that can be overloaded.

Just a guess though.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dravyn.4671

Dravyn.4671

But pistol offhand is condi

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Link.6791

Yeah, I’m perplexed by the use of pistol offhand with a sword. Seem counter-intuative to being a power based build. Who knows, maybe it’s not power, but he meant “Power” as in DPS focused in general.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

Well it’s not like shield dishes out good dmg.

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

Thanks for the tip. Here’s the link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/163622236?t=02h24m33s

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dravyn.4671

Dravyn.4671

Yeah, I’m perplexed by the use of pistol offhand with a sword. Seem counter-intuative to being a power based build. Who knows, maybe it’s not power, but he meant “Power” as in DPS focused in general.

If the sword can be used as a condi mainhand weapon, I will be extremely happy. I dunno why, but power builds bore me to tears, i go nuts for DoTs.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

EdwinLi.1284

If the sword can be used as a condi mainhand weapon, I will be extremely happy. I dunno why, but power builds bore me to tears, i go nuts for DoTs.

There is Trait in the Holosmith tree that makes it into a Power/Condition fighter.

From what it looks like the player can spec the Holosmith into either a Condition, Power, or Hybrid Power/Condition DPS Elite Spec based on the chosen traits.

First Condition trait is Solar Focusing Lens which apply Burn on first few attacks when entering Holo Form.

2nd is Photo Blasting Module is tier 3 trait where it causes Overheat attacks to damage enemies now instead of the player thus cuasing explosions that apply stacks of Fire condition.

It is a interesting option for this Elite Spec because players can choose if they want to go Power, Condition, or Hybrid in damage making use of Viper Gear more valued.

For Power builds players would want to not overheat a lot to avoid damaging him or herself a lot but maintain a proper amount of damage to Max their Power damage build. It is a more consistant means of damage without requiring build up a lot.

For Condition/Hybrid you want to overheat because with Photo Blasting Module Trait you no longer take damage from Overheating but instead cause Condition damage during Overheat to enemies only around you thus players want to always be overheating for maximum Condition or Hybrid Power/Condition damage. A High damage choice of combat that requires building up resources, being heat, a lot but rewards with a moment of high Burst Power/Condition damage.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Can we combine elite trait lines?

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Atamaz.4195

Atamaz.4195

All this is pure speculation from me but…

From the few information i can pick up from the trailer, the class feature photonforge mode could be something like a form(like death shroud or celestial avatar) that alter your skills, but instead of being depleted over time, it could have a function similar to the rage bar on the warrior that will be fueled by doing damage in that mode granting bonus damage at different stage and exploding harming our character(and maybe ally) on full bar.

It could be that we find the toolbelt transformed in skill that deal more damage based on the heat stage similar to the burst skill on warrior.
Maybe the heal skill can decrease our heat treshold but i think that having the toolbelt treshold skill that empty you bar associated with the fact that only the skill in photonforge mode raise you heat level can grant enough control over the treshold

As power vs condi i think it could be both, if the mechanic are like that and the heat bar power up as flat damage % is a safe way to be viable both as power and condi, the only fact that matter is how the skill will be modified in photonforge mode because we lack a core power dps offhand weapon unless shield will gain some devastating attack. but as a flavor probably heat bar sound more as a condi name even if sword us usually associated with power, but it seem that also weaver got a mixed/slight toward condi sword.

I’m quite puzzled how in trailer it show more than once it using the hammer when the hammer is the scrapper-only weapon

It’s hard to forsee how this eventual form will interact with kits but i would be totally happy to have a kitless spec as I’m pretti tired of spamming grenade and bombs.

I really can’t wait to give it a try if it possible on the preview weekend.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Link.6791

All this is pure speculation from me but…

From the few information i can pick up from the trailer, the class feature photonforge mode could be something like a form(like death shroud or celestial avatar) that alter your skills, but instead of being depleted over time, it could have a function similar to the rage bar on the warrior that will be fueled by doing damage in that mode granting bonus damage at different stage and exploding harming our character(and maybe ally) on full bar.

It could be that we find the toolbelt transformed in skill that deal more damage based on the heat stage similar to the burst skill on warrior.
Maybe the heal skill can decrease our heat treshold but i think that having the toolbelt treshold skill that empty you bar associated with the fact that only the skill in photonforge mode raise you heat level can grant enough control over the treshold

As power vs condi i think it could be both, if the mechanic are like that and the heat bar power up as flat damage % is a safe way to be viable both as power and condi, the only fact that matter is how the skill will be modified in photonforge mode because we lack a core power dps offhand weapon unless shield will gain some devastating attack. but as a flavor probably heat bar sound more as a condi name even if sword us usually associated with power, but it seem that also weaver got a mixed/slight toward condi sword.

I’m quite puzzled how in trailer it show more than once it using the hammer when the hammer is the scrapper-only weapon

It’s hard to forsee how this eventual form will interact with kits but i would be totally happy to have a kitless spec as I’m pretti tired of spamming grenade and bombs.

I really can’t wait to give it a try if it possible on the preview weekend.

All the info you speculate about is already available in the link posted previously in this topic. all the traits and skills are shown:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/163622236?t=02h24m33s

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Self damage because that’s always so popular in pvp.

Well kitten.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

EdwinLi.1284

Self damage because that’s always so popular in pvp.

Well kitten.

Take Photo Blasting Module Trait then since it removes the self damage on overheat and replace it with a AoE attack that hits all enemies causing Direct damage, Burn Condition, and Vulnerability Debuff.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Kusumura.8642

Kusumura.8642

From what I can understand, the new “mode” we get is kind of like Celestial for Druid, only DPS-minded instead of support.

The new skills.. I don’t know. I can’t say any of them are going to drag me away from triple-kitting. The cooldowns are too harsh and the effects too little.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

Imgur album of the new traits taken from Bog Otter’s stream: http://imgur.com/a/A2kpr

TIL Bog Otter streams at 720p :feelsbadman:

Will post skills once I can organize them.

Chaba Tangnu

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Kusumura.8642

Imgur album of the new traits taken from Bog Otter’s stream: http://imgur.com/a/A2kpr

TIL Bog Otter streams at 720p :feelsbadman:

Will post skills once I can organize them.

Even if I have to squint at them, that’s infinitely better than not having them to squint at!
I’m theorycrafting a few builds that I couldn’t really do during his stream given how sporadic it was.

Keep it coming! Thank you for the hard work. <3.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

This looks really cool. Might have to start playing GW2 again. What happens when u over heat? It said you explode but will it damage everything around you. Also can you discharge your built up energy before you explode as a form of damage?

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

EdwinLi.1284

This looks really cool. Might have to start playing GW2 again. What happens when u over heat? It said you explode but will it damage everything around you. Also can you discharge your built up energy before you explode as a form of damage?

Overheating will cause you to explode and take damage but you gain some damage boost during Overheat and more boost based on the trait you take.

You can remove the exploding self damage effect and replace it with a Exploding Enemy damage attack that cause burn, direct damage, and vulnerability debuff to all enemies around you with the Photonic Blasting Module trait. However, the slow DoT still in effect but it is a useful trait for those who aim for Viper gear set.

Holsmith seems very versitile in combat choice since you can trait Holosmith into a Melee or Range DPS Spec thanks to Heat Theropy Trait and choose between traits making it into a Condition, Power, or Hybrid damage Spec.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

How come no one here mentioned yet that in the trailer they’ve said (at least in the announcement one), that Holosmith uses swordS

Not Sword, but Swords! Plural.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

We’ll have far less carpal tunnel, that much I’m certain of.

Well it’s not like shield dishes out good dmg.

It actually has very good CC though. CC + Power = Winning

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Hum… it doesn’t look as atractive as I wished… but I have to give it a try first. Holo Mode seems to be some kind of extra kit on f5 with all those Holo weapon attacks.

Pretty simple, IMO, but I don’t see how it interacts with other aspects of the Engie. Also I don’t see very much of the support potential we were asking for.

Weaver got ALL the weapons affected by the new mechanic…

WTVR, its Engie. I’m grateful the Holosmith is even working right now.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

Here’s the screen grabs from Bog Otter’s stream for the skills: http://imgur.com/a/G9FZ2

Of note:
- No tooltip was shown for the util “Photon Wall” so that’s missing.
- Photon Forge mode replaces your weapon skills. I assume it is only one set of PF skills akin to Druid’s Celestial Avatar mode basically but it is possible these skills change depending upon your equipped weapons.

Chaba Tangnu

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The kits were still there… and with the Holo mode, you could easily play 3 utility kits, 1 elite kit and f5 Holo mode “kit”… so a 5, even 6 kit build is possible…

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Kusumura.8642

Bless you, Chaba.

With that, I’m seeing Soldier’s stats as actually being VERY nice to have for Holosmith. Looking VERY tanky, if done right. Give yourself extra health and mitigation so you don’t notice enemies’ tickling you while you’re pounding them to smitherines with Power-based attacks.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Kusumura.8642

The kits were still there… and with the Holo mode, you could easily play 3 utility kits, 1 elite kit and f5 Holo mode “kit”… so a 5, even 6 kit build is possible…

Not entirely wrong. When you go into Holoforge Mode, you’re barred from kits for 6 seconds. After that…

Yeah, honestly. I can easily see myself playing a bunch of frelling kits. As good as the utility skills are, I don’t see anything that can trump the Bomb Kit/Flamethrower meta. In fact, I think Flamethrower meta is going to spike up in a FIERCE way with the Enhanced Capacity Storage Limit trait. All Holosmith does is give me another kit to play with.

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

What? It looks like one of the best to me.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Holosmith Trailer!

in Engineer

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

If they’re going to replace our toolbelt skills then I’m hoping that holo mode will be toggled by weapon swap. You’d loose a fair chunk of engi utility (not to mention a main heal from med kit) by replacing it by default.

Unforunately it looks like Holo mode is activated by F5, which seems to require slotting the Holo Elite Skill in place of Mortar Kit/Supply Crate etc. But you’re absolutely correct, it should be triggered by Weapon Swap instead, no reason not to. I wonder what ANet was thinking with that.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Holosmith-all-skills-and-traits-tooltips/first#post6665334

(edited by kurtosis.9526)