Holosmith lacking stab

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

Posted by: sander.5830

sander.5830

Hello,

So i have been playing holomancer on few different setups sword/shield and rifle.
Holomancer really feels like a brawler class but there is just one thing that feels like its missing for me and thats stability.

I run in wvw mainly in a roaming/havoc group consisting from 5 to 10 people and i get stunlocked like crazy frontlining without good stability.
when i run solo the stability you get from the holosmith 3 skill feels enough.

Anyone else having this issue?

Mesmer/Engineer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian/Warrior/Necromancer/Ranger
Order Of Intoxication [Psy] Leader

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

tbh holo feels like a burst class to me, now i’m running HGH holo build

holo is definitely burst class as opposed to scrapper who really is a the real brawler here

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

sander.5830

tbh holo feels like a burst class to me, now i’m running HGH holo build

holo is definitely burst class as opposed to scrapper who really is a the real brawler here

Sure a burst class for sure but your really in their face hope they really add some more stab.

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

trait X-2-X in holosmith and your corona burst (3rd skill in holo mode) will give you 2stack of stability for 6sec? with leader ship runes. Thats enough plus you gain heavy might and you deal aoe dmg.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

sander.5830

trait X-2-X in holosmith and your corona burst (3rd skill in holo mode) will give you 2stack of stability for 6sec? with leader ship runes. Thats enough plus you gain heavy might and you deal aoe dmg.

Allready traited for that.

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

Engineer in general lacks stability, I think the original idea was to not give lots of stability to the class with tons of CC but idea has changed since then I suppose.

I’d like to see a few more skills across base class to gain stab as well.

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

Posted by: Sarmach.1547

Sarmach.1547

I’ve been running frontline scrapper since the start of HoT in 15-60 man groups. Toss Elixir B has been enough stab to get me into the push and passive stab from scrapper did a decent job. I’ve been test the same thing with Holosmith and the photon forge 3 skill with trait does a decent job as well. Only thing I don’t like it being locked out of stab gen for too long after I suicide bomb or need to let heat go down. Try runing Toss Elixir B and if you plan on playing engi you should def get used to aiming the tosses.

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

sander.5830

I’ve been running frontline scrapper since the start of HoT in 15-60 man groups. Toss Elixir B has been enough stab to get me into the push and passive stab from scrapper did a decent job. I’ve been test the same thing with Holosmith and the photon forge 3 skill with trait does a decent job as well. Only thing I don’t like it being locked out of stab gen for too long after I suicide bomb or need to let heat go down. Try runing Toss Elixir B and if you plan on playing engi you should def get used to aiming the tosses.

Scrapper is fine for frontline for me as well holosmith is just less tanky. I will give elixer B a try for holosmith hope its enough.

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

sander.5830

Engineer in general lacks stability, I think the original idea was to not give lots of stability to the class with tons of CC but idea has changed since then I suppose.

I’d like to see a few more skills across base class to gain stab as well.

Yeah with core engy the lack of stab was fine really cuz rifle was still good (pure power with nades or celestial engy) xD

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Scrapper is fine for frontline for me as well holosmith is just less tanky.

sounds like its working as intended. to be different from scrapper.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

Holo seems pretty fine. We won’t know for sure until launch, but I’m liking it. Its the dps build for engi. There’s also a cool squishy sustained dps spec in there I think. There might even be a tank build there that does some very different stuff than standard engi. Spectrum shield specifically is kind of garbage. It should probably have a damage component of some sort or just be immunity for 3 seconds.

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

sander.5830

Holo seems pretty fine. We won’t know for sure until launch, but I’m liking it. Its the dps build for engi. There’s also a cool squishy sustained dps spec in there I think. There might even be a tank build there that does some very different stuff than standard engi. Spectrum shield specifically is kind of garbage. It should probably have a damage component of some sort or just be immunity for 3 seconds.

Yeah holomancer really is fine im not complaining about the tanky side compared to scrapper all i’m saying is i would really like some more stab on it.
Maybe a trait when your reach the next heat stage u get stab or something a like.
Scrapper has more block/evade to counter to the lack holo does not.

(edited by sander.5830)

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

Yeah holomancer really is fine im not complaining about the tanky side compared to scrapper all i’m saying is i would really like some more stab on it.
Maybe a trait when your reach the next heat stage u get stab or something a like.

And holo does more burst than scrapper. I’m not sure what justifies the stab.

Battlelord Taeres

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

sander.5830

And holo does more burst than scrapper. I’m not sure what justifies the stab.

Not being able to burst due to just getting stunlocked all the time and im not talking about being in a zerg or solo. + with scrapper there is more ways to prevent getting stunlocked aka the evade and block.

(edited by sander.5830)

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

Is that not considered counterplay? Holo can burst extremely hard so as a tradeoff it needs to be careful about how it goes in?

Battlelord Taeres

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

sander.5830

Is that not considered counterplay? Holo can burst extremely hard so as a tradeoff it needs to be careful about how it goes in?

yeah i agree with that statement however holo is allready trading in with not being tanky stab another issue.

Holosmith lacking stab

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

We already have access to a bit of stability, stealth, blocks, and invulns. More stability would be over the top, at least for sPvP. WvW may be a different story, but I would think your group should be providing you the stability you need there.

The cool thing about Photon Forge is just by equipping a Marauder amulet, you have all the damage you need. Therefore, you can use everything else (weapons, traits, utilities) just for defense. Now if something like this with decent sustain and a kill mode were to have more stability on top of that, it’d be too much.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds