Holosmith vs conditions

Holosmith vs conditions

in Engineer

Posted by: Winegum.2395

Winegum.2395

I’m pretty new to the game (~1 month) so this may be a somewhat uninformed concern, but I’m trying to decide on a class to main for PoF and currently narrowed it down to Spellbreaker, Scourge, Soulbeast, and Holosmith

From the demo weekend the feeling I get is that PoF will have a lot of conditions flying around in PvP and WvW. Condition availability is baked into a lot of the new elite specs, so its not really something that can be balance patched away (although I guess you could reduce condi damage). How do you think holosmith will fair in a condition heavy meta?

I dont believe holosmith has any resistance against conditions, and there are some condi cleanses (heal turret, exit photon forge etc), but do you think that will be enough to survive against so much condition damage? Or are there other classes/elite specs that would have an easier time against conditions?

Holosmith vs conditions

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I’m pretty new to the game (~1 month) so this may be a somewhat uninformed concern, but I’m trying to decide on a class to main for PoF and currently narrowed it down to Spellbreaker, Scourge, Soulbeast, and Holosmith

From the demo weekend the feeling I get is that PoF will have a lot of conditions flying around in PvP and WvW. Condition availability is baked into a lot of the new elite specs, so its not really something that can be balance patched away (although I guess you could reduce condi damage). How do you think holosmith will fair in a condition heavy meta?

I dont believe holosmith has any resistance against conditions, and there are some condi cleanses (heal turret, exit photon forge etc), but do you think that will be enough to survive against so much condition damage? Or are there other classes/elite specs that would have an easier time against conditions?

Holosmith weak to condition bursts, especially cause low health Elixir S will screw you out of your chance to hit ‘Disengage Photon Forge’ which is the Holosmith condition removal. If you are fast at leaving Photon Forge and you put out extremely high pressure you can deal with condition users fairly well… still not an easy fight by any means though.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Holosmith vs conditions

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It’s all in how you combine the skills you can effectively choose the option for healing skills to remove conditions when procing and then use the on swap sigil of renewal to enhance this option because anytime you swap you can get a cleanse from it every few seconds.

So basically it’s what you choose for your other two trait lines that make a difference.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Holosmith vs conditions

in Engineer

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

Few ways you can survive the condi pressure a bit more, but you might be giving up a bit just to strictly deal with condi (especially outside sPvP)…Sadly, some condis are applied way faster than any reduction or cleanse.

In addition to traiting Photon Forge’s Prismatic Converter

Can reduce incoming condi damage a few ways:
Spectrum Shield
Rune of Melandru

Remove Condi:
Sigil of Purging
Sigil of Cleansing
Rune of Leadership

Then of course Elixirs, Elixir Gun, and traits in Alchemy.

Holosmith vs conditions

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

I do just fine in WvW with conditions removal even without running Alchemy. Just slot Elixir C and you’ll be alright. As for other forms though sigil of cleansing helps a lot too for those classes that put on a lot of a singular condition like torment rev or confusion Mesmer.

Holosmith heal has good cleanse on the toolbelt but healing turret it still better, which also cleanses 2.

For my build that I’ll be adapting to Holosmith I’m just getting a bit extra cleanse now which is nice.

Holosmith vs conditions

in Engineer

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

I too am concerned about Path of Condis… I mean Path of Fire ….