How am I supposed to level this up!?

in Engineer

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

I’ll confess guys, IDK why Mesmer is often called the “hardest to level up” class, I’ve played an Engineer up to level 16 and I have to say: it takes me FOREVER to kill any mob, and it takes them NOTHING to reduce me to minced meat.

I’ve tried all kits, however, it seems his DPS compared to other classes is slow. It takes me many, MANY uses of grenades and let’s not talk about Flamethrower to kill something my Ranger, Guardian and Revenant can slay without failure.

How on earth am I supposed to take this guy to 80?!

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Traits are what really polish a lot of the Kits, sadly. X) I’d go for Bomb Kit instead of Grenade Kit, until you can get at least one trait line. It has a lot more raw power, and makes kiting multiple enemies a breeze, so you can stay alive. Most ranged enemies aren’t so bad in lower-level stuff, so it should get you through just fine. You can take Rifle for ranged things, the last three abilities all put out some decent damage.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tiilimon.6094

Tiilimon.6094

That’s why you pull 5-10 at a time and don’t let them hit you, depending on the spec you got knockbacks/backward leaps, blinds, snares and roots.

Most of your dmg abilities are also AOE so never attack 1 normal mob at a time, it’s not effective.
Takes longer to kill each, but can kill 10 at a time using a bit of tactics.

Engineer at its core is a team support class, so I also suggest playing with someone as a team, just find a random dude and tell them you’re gonna support and you’ll both have a better time, gather a couple more people and you’re an unstoppable event grinding machine.

If you were looking for an easy dps class, this isn’kitten <- “it” is apparently profanity.
It’s a DPS/Support hybrid with crazy AOEs and CC with a condition spec that breaks your fingers if you want to max dps

I suggest binding everything so that you can press every skill & utility without moving your hands at all, because you simply won’t have time for that kind of luxury with engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Bwadark.2519

Bwadark.2519

It. Was not a profanity. It was the t at the end of isn’t, followed by it. Take the last letter of isn’t and put it in front of it. And there you have your kitten.

in Engineer

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

dem taytays must be censored. someone could get ptsd from looking at the word.

btt: just drop engineer. if you can’t figure out how to deal dmg by lvl 16 you never will. engi is a class for very sophisticated, handsome, smart and overall better people and i guess you’re just not good enough. plebians usually play warrior.

in Engineer

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

As someone noted the Bomb kit engi is very easy to level since mobs don’t evade the bombs. Add on grenades for bosses that are dangerous to stand near and the class nearly plays itself. It might take a few levels to unlock the right skills but once that happens it is very simple game play in PvE.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Engineer

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

Play pistol/pistol with elixir h, bombs, flame thrower, nades if and when you can. Engi has unique play styles unique to player. Load condition damage, vitality, power in that order as you pick up gear. Pve leveling is slow in the beginning, but worth it if you plan to take a crack at playing engi with any kind of success. Focus on map completions vs. xp grind, takes the edge off the tedium, and if you complete the free story that is like 20 free levels for almost no work. Just have to sit through dialogue now.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Flamethrower is the funniest “weapon” in al the game. But you dont use it to kill mobs one by one, but 15 or 20 at a time, all the while you jump, dodge, push, blind and burn them.

Also, you shouldn’t focus on killing stuff to level, but in completing events, hearts, personal story, and exploring to get vistas, areas and hero points. Its much more efficient and rewarding, and you will need the hero points later.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks